As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Math [chat]

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    if I were to add some onion to my mac and cheese

is it a better idea to drop it in while the shells are being cooked, add it to the cheese "sauce", or add it after the cheese and shells have been mixed together.

• The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm giving up talking about giving up ironically giving up talking about giving up ironically talking about ironically giving up Lent for Lent for Lent for Lent.

You should see Side Effects and tell me what you think.

MAYBE I WILL!

Does watching it cause pregnancy?

Oh mos def

pregnancy
    OF THE MIND

Have you been around all this time or did my message on
    XBLA awaken thee?

I've been making more time for this forum recently (which means I'm in and out lol). I was happy to get that message, though!

Seriously, if you get a multi game you want to play we should get some games in. My 'reliably fun people to play online games with' list has fallen precipitously off a cliff recently :-(

Been trying to get my one buddy to update his Orange Box copy to Halo 4 so we can get some games in, especially since he just moved out to the Styx to take this 'better job,' and I'm like part of moving to the Styx and getting a better job means you get to make more time for Halo 4, right? RIGHT?!! But nah, it's still TF2 or bust with that guy...

Cool. I just bought ODST so I have a ways to go before Halo 4. Is it better than Halo 3? I disliked Halo 3.

Are you asking about ODST or Halo 4?

I actually thought ODST is possibly the coolest Halo because it breaks from the Halo formula more than any other game in the series and I actually love the Firefight mode on there.

Halo 4 is your pretty standard Halo just with insanely high production value. But overall the point where you expect to meet a Warthog, you will meet a Warthog. The point where you expect to get a giant tank and ruthlessly fuck shit up for a brief, thrilling passage, you will get a giant tank etc. I haven't beaten it yet, but I like it. But if you didn't like Halo 3 I don't think Halo 4 is going to offer you much new besides slicker graphics (and a heavily CoD influenced multiplayer mode, for better or worse).

Aren't you one of those ones that thinks the original Halo is grossly overrated anyway? I've made peace with them being the fun, brainless sci-fi action king of video games. They're a diversion, not an event.

(with the exception of ODST, actually, where they actually get away from lame-ass Master Chief, give you some better characters, actually tweak the art style to something interesting, and actually create a FPS experience that isn't paint-by-numbers from the original Halo template)

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    See the thing about crack is

Have I told you about crack

See, whatcha gotta know about crack

Wait have I told you about crack?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I'm giving up talking about giving up ironically giving up talking about giving up ironically talking about ironically giving up Lent for Lent for Lent for Lent.

You should see Side Effects and tell me what you think.

MAYBE I WILL!

Does watching it cause pregnancy?

Oh mos def

pregnancy
    OF THE MIND

Have you been around all this time or did my message on
    XBLA awaken thee?

I've been making more time for this forum recently (which means I'm in and out lol). I was happy to get that message, though!

Seriously, if you get a multi game you want to play we should get some games in. My 'reliably fun people to play online games with' list has fallen precipitously off a cliff recently :-(

Been trying to get my one buddy to update his Orange Box copy to Halo 4 so we can get some games in, especially since he just moved out to the Styx to take this 'better job,' and I'm like part of moving to the Styx and getting a better job means you get to make more time for Halo 4, right? RIGHT?!! But nah, it's still TF2 or bust with that guy...

Cool. I just bought ODST so I have a ways to go before Halo 4. Is it better than Halo 3? I disliked Halo 3.

If you disliked Halo 3, you just dislike Halo, because Halo 3 is pretty much the pinnacle of Halo.

ODST is nothing like Halo. It's another kind of shooter in the Halo universe, so you may like that.

Halo 3 multi never got old for me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    ODST IS DA BES I SAY

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    It's cool you get a free weekend in the Florida Keys, all expenses paid

you just have to sit through one half-hour presentation about timeshares

er, no, did I say timeshares

I meant crack

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

is it a better idea to drop it in while the shells are being cooked, add it to the cheese "sauce", or add it after the cheese and shells have been mixed together.

If you are sweating off the onions first then I would mix it up with the pasta and sauce so everything is mixed together and awesome.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I don't particularly know how or when my family acquired our NES - there's a photo of me playing it when I'm 3 years old, one hand on the controller, the other down my pants.

No one else liked to used that controller.

This will be banned.

Hmm. Fine, I guess.

I guess.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Damn, just noticed that Esh finally ate it in a H/A thread.

Didn't think that would actually ever happen. Dude was a master of pulling a Johnny Cash

Was it the bartending one? I love Esh to death, I really do...he's cool as fuck to play games with, but man he posts some abrasive things at times. Even more than me!

Nah it was even sillier.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/173324/kept-a-secret-from-my-bf#latest

Oh Esh...I should hit him up on Steam and make fun of him for this.

e: That said, his point is not entirely incorrect, and frankly I think most of the poeple in that thread should remove the stick from their butts, but I also went through a pretty serious 'drug phase', so I am more forgiving on that stuff....actually advising people to go do it is probably over the line.

I'd agree with that sentiment if kids today weren't finding ways to turn household items into drugs to the point where I get carded when picking up compressed air.

Back in my day you maybe drank or smoked a little pot. Now kids are all breaking bad and shit and it's pretty messed up. I mean the worst substance abuse I ever saw from a chemical perspective was the kid that sniffed markers and glue in art class.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »

I meant crack

Do we get free samples?

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    We'd always buy games from the used game bargain bin for like 3-5 dollars a pop.
    It was awesome.

Bless your heart.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    ODST IS DA BES I SAY

There are two opinions on ODST. It's either the best, or the worst, of the series. Very little in between.

I think it's the worst. I never even finished it. I mostly hated it, and when I see the case on my game shelf, a little bubble of hate wells up inside me. That might be gas, it's hard to tell...but I think it's a bubble of hate.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Composite images for female faces from around the world.
    lO9OV.jpg

I wonder what it would look like if it was nationality based rather than ethnic. Diverse countries might end up pretty "interesting" looking

Select the pistol, and then, select the Brazilian composite.

GnomeTank you are a criminal

I meant crack

Do we get free samples?

just high-pressure sales tactics

what's it going to take to get you to smoke a rock today

• The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Just got my Portland Timbers season tickets from the Fed Ex guy -- wootwoot! I feel so important.

Definitely more important than the rest of you pleebs...

The question is: Are they in the Timbers Army section? Because last time I went to a Timbers game, I sat there, and it was fucking amazing.

Nah, son -- I graduated from that shit. I was in the TA before MLS (and actually this isn't bullshit) it was insanely fun back then, best sporting events of my life, but the move to MLS made it pretty ridiculous with long lines and less soccer hardcore, more soccer curious people so anyway I have reserved seats now.

Last game I had in TA was the 3-0 victory over the LA Galaxy, though, so that was a pretty fucking awesome way to have a last game in there.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Just real talk I'm touching my penis like 30 minutes a day on an average day.

Real talk.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    okay intel

you have 9 months to get your shit together, so

you know,

do that

919UOwT.png

Didn't think that would actually ever happen. Dude was a master of pulling a Johnny Cash

Was it the bartending one? I love Esh to death, I really do...he's cool as fuck to play games with, but man he posts some abrasive things at times. Even more than me!

Nah it was even sillier.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/173324/kept-a-secret-from-my-bf#latest

Oh Esh...I should hit him up on Steam and make fun of him for this.

e: That said, his point is not entirely incorrect, and frankly I think most of the poeple in that thread should remove the stick from their butts, but I also went through a pretty serious 'drug phase', so I am more forgiving on that stuff....actually advising people to go do it is probably over the line.

I'd agree with that sentiment if kids today weren't finding ways to turn household items into drugs to the point where I get carded when picking up compressed air.

Back in my day you maybe drank or smoked a little pot. Now kids are all breaking bad and shit and it's pretty messed up. I mean the worst substance abuse I ever saw from a chemical perspective was the kid that sniffed markers and glue in art class.

I agree with this. When I say "drugs", I mean the shit we are used to...pot, maybe a little acid and an ecstasy pill. Not fucking drano mixed with crack laced with PCP like they are doing now.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I meant meth

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    glue sniffing was more of a problem in the past, wasn't it

it collapsed during the 90s juvenile crime decline

aRkpc.gif
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Real talk.

When I'm not doing anything (and when I'm alone, of course), my hand tends to rest comfortably cupping my private parts. That's pretty common when I'm watching TV. So depending on the day and what shows are on, I end up touching my penis a lot more than 30 minutes a day.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

I meant crack

Do we get free samples?

just high-pressure sales tactics

what's it going to take to get you to smoke a rock today

Shit man, this is too much pressure.

I gotta get my head straight.

Do you have any crack?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cesca are you saying men suck.

Is that what you are telling us.

Kind of?

There's actually a bunch of research about the different way people learn and the ways they learn to revise, and basically a lot of guys coast through school and have to suddenly learn how to study when they get to Uni. Can't cite anything atm 'cos it's been years since I looked at this stuff, but it's one of the reasons why in UK GCSEs girls started to look to do significantly better when they introduced coursework - basically, guys were very good at exams where they had to just regurgitate stuff they had been told in class and girls were better at stuff which required significant study and research during a sustained period (obviously this is all extremely general and does not necessarily apply in individual cases).

FUCK THIS SEXIST EARTH

This research does not address the sexism inherent in the Gynocracy and oppresive gender roles. The solution and the problem is moar feminism.

PROBLEMATIC.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Composite images for female faces from around the world.
    lO9OV.jpg

I wonder what it would look like if it was nationality based rather than ethnic. Diverse countries might end up pretty "interesting" looking

Select the pistol, and then, select the Brazilian composite.

n it would be hot as fk

obF2Wuw.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    We had like 1300 people when I was in high school. 100% of the people who smoked pot were the bottom of every statistical category available in terms of academic progress and attendance.

Bless your heart.
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    They ditched wrestling over tae kwan do, aka: the least interesting martial art, and field hockey, aka: the sport that only college age lesbians care about.

Glue Sniffing Revue, Elmer's White

This perennial classic opens with broad hints of vanilla on the nose, but rapidly overwhelms with strong notes of Apple Cider and musk...

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Nah it was even sillier.

Ceres makes me smile regularly.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

Morphed into huffing paint.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »

If you are sweating off the onions first then I would mix it up with the pasta and sauce so everything is mixed together and awesome.

I don't know what "sweating off the onions" means. I am noob chef

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I'd probably cook it in a separate skillet and combine when adding cheese to noodles

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I now want to see a composite of all the composites.

I wish to be blinded by beauty.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

Real talk.

good lord, how many times a day do you masturbate

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Morphed into huffing paint.

makes sense, paint has stronger solvents

aRkpc.gif
    Halo 1 is great, but it's old, Halo 2 was terrible, never played 3 because of how bad 2 was, Reach was fun, haven't played 4.

Reach, Halo 1 and ODST are my trilogy.

edited February 2013

Real talk.

This is pretty much normal human male behavior. If I am sitting at home, just chilling in my boxers, my hand naturally gravitates to my crotch. It's not a sexual thing, it's just like...Charlie Brown's blanket. Knowing the beef is still there, safely, is comforting.

GnomeTank on
    They ditched wrestling over tae kwan do, aka: the least interesting martial art, and field hockey, aka: the sport that only college age lesbians care about.

and also the modern pentathlon

where modern means relevant to a 19th century cavalry officer

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Eh, there was a small crest of inhalant abuse in the mid-90s, but otherwise it's been stable.

The US doesn't track glue vs other inhalants.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.