As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You're So Vain, You Probably Think This Thread Is About You [Beauty/Fashion]

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Kochi post a pic of your outfit today

im sick
    its just a black swedish sweater and pj pants

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Maybe my erotica will start selling. Maybe my youtube channel will explode with viewership and I can get a sponsorship or something and some ad revenue. Maybe I'll be walking around one day and discover a piece of gold boullion glinting beneath some dirt on the edge of the sidewalk. Or maybe a relative I'm unaware of will leave me a vast sum of money. Or maybe my dad will help me to get rolling. Or maybe I'll discover a piece of toast with a picture of jesus on it or mary or mel gibson on it. Or maybe I'll finally come up with an idea for something I can produce and market on my own with little initial investment. I mean, I guess anything can happen.

• PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    NEW GLASSES TO GO WITH THE NEW HAIRCUT WOO WOO
    bjSzZQT.jpg
    udeFK8G.jpg
    QTRCSFr.jpg
    haven't felt this good in months!

...glasses and haircuts are fashion, right?

Oh BOyyyyy~<3

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    God I feel ugly today.

I didn't think agreeing with this would be the best way to convey that I was feeling ugly also and understood completely.

But I too feel ugly today and understand what that's like.

*hug hug hug* I feel so mannish today. Stubble, feeling bloated and fat and generally disgusting, I hate my hair, I hate my clothes, I hate my voice, and I probably hate a bunch of other stuff, too. And I feel like I'm spinning my wheels! I can't even afford weekly electrolysis appointments! Not even an hour per week! How am I supposed to move? How am I supposed to pay my student loans? How the hell am I ever going to come up with money for SRS and FFS if I need it? I honestly feel like I should just buy lottery tickets and hope for the fucking best, because it feels like my only shot. (I don't play the lottery or gamble)

I understand completely, lady.

Don't waste your money on the lottery, though. You have similar chances of winning even if you don't buy a ticket, that's how low they are.

The lottery is basically a tax on being poor and bad at math.

Don't play it.

What about that lady who figured out the scratch ticket winner distribution algorithms in texas or whatever. somebody teach me how to do that.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    This thread title is awesome

Also: I think I play the lottery an average of once every two years...whenever it gets huge

Just because.

• EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    My Dad won $10,000 last month in the lottery. To be fair, it was only like $7000 after taxes but still I don't think anyone here would be upset about winning $7000.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    people who bitch about paying taxes on lottery winning are the worst

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    people who bitch about paying taxes on lottery winning are the worst

UK SUPREMACY, BABY.

National Lottery prizes are not chargeable gains for the purposes of UK Capital Gains Tax and will not normally be assessed for UK Income Tax. If a prize is won and shared by a syndicate whose members entered into a written agreement before the win, then syndicate members should not be liable to pay UK Inheritance Tax. However, please note that HM Revenue and Customs law and practice may change. The above comments are based on our understanding of HM Revenue and Customs law and practice as at August 2011.

edited February 2013
    WHAT?! YOU MEAN I ONLY GET A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS OUT OF MY TWO HUNDED ZILLION DOLLAR JACKPOT! THAT'S ROBBERY! #thanksobama #obamaamerica #newworldorder

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I currently have a love-hate relationship with Trunk Club. The clothes are so damn nice but fuck me this could become an expensive addiction.
    Erics wrote: »
    My Dad won $10,000 last month in the lottery. To be fair, it was only like $7000 after taxes but still I don't think anyone here would be upset about winning $7000.

Congrats to your dad but in the grand scheme of things a lottery habit is about as profitable as a smoking habit.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

Also: I think I play the lottery an average of once every two years...whenever it gets huge

Just because.

Mathematically, that's the worst time to play, because everyone is playing. I do understand the draw, though. It's a lot of money. So many, many dollars.

Edit: Fashions, to cancel out non-fashion posting. :-P I want these shoes in a terrible way.
    LrxveuR.jpg?1

N1tSt4lker on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

Just because.

Mathematically, that's the worst time to play, because everyone is playing. I do understand the draw, though. It's a lot of money. So many, many dollars.

Yeah, I know that too. :P But I also never really expect to win anything. I do tend to think [entirely too much] about how awesome it would be if I won though. Lots of things I haven't been able to do, I'd suddenly be able to do. It's definitely just for the rush of it I think. And at a rate of $1 every two years, I think I'll be okay haha

NightDragon on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I play the lottery like, once every couple months or something, if that.

I'm pretty philosophical about it. I look at it as paying a few extra bucks of tax with the incredibly unlikely possibility to become rich for my good deed.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Fashion/clothing thing since I keep posting unrelated stuff in here and the last thread.

I don't understand jeans, I wear nice but cheap slacks instead, I think they look nicer and are more comfortable. Discuss?

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I love the coat Erics posted. I've seen many similar coats before, but the red is what really makes it special.
    Usagi wrote: »

This is just fabulous! And hurrah for older fashions. I am in love with bright colours at the moment and have taken a recent liking to oranges & yellows.

I have um, several new wraps. I think that, lookswise, this is my favourite:
    feb_11_08.jpg

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I know, right Janson? I can only hope I will age so fabulously and dress so well

Janson! You are pretty!

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Love your hair, Janson

ETqXK.png
    Thank you both!

I do need to dress nicer. I'm still in yoga pants and $7 Target t-shirts, it's disgraceful. But I also need to lose 50 lbs. How do you bridge the gap between 'I need to dress better NOW' and 'I don't want to waste money on clothes I (hopefully) grow out of?'

I don't know but when you figure it out will you tell me? I need to lose more like 140 lbs

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    You and Anya are fabulous, @janson.

I am having such a bad hair day! What is this wavy stuff? Where are my curls?? I hope my hair isn't changing!

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Janson wrote: »
    Thank you both!

I do need to dress nicer. I'm still in yoga pants and $7 Target t-shirts, it's disgraceful. But I also need to lose 50 lbs. How do you bridge the gap between 'I need to dress better NOW' and 'I don't want to waste money on clothes I (hopefully) grow out of?'

Honestly I get a lot of mileage out of Target and AE basics (and now Uniqlo!) they're cheap and the AE/Uniqlo stuff is pretty well made, and knits will generally fit a much wider range of body shapes so as parts of me get smaller I can generally wear the same tees/etc.

Usagi on
    I will most assuredly let you know, @DirtyDirtyVagrant!

Usagi - yeah, I do like my t-shirts; they're good and long in the body, and the scoop neck is smart enough for work. Target has impressed me. I think it's my bottom half I need to work on. I have nice boots, so I'm thinking I need to do more elasticated-waist skirts. I can change into pants for my evening walks, which is when I really need practical clothing.

In recent news Ellen DeGeneres continues to be a wonderful human being and Katy Perry looked amazing in her dress

album_large_5545578.jpg

me too ellen

me too

fabulousFantastic.png
    You and Anya are fabulous, @janson.

I am having such a bad hair day! What is this wavy stuff? Where are my curls?? I hope my hair isn't changing!

Wavy hair is sexy as hell.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    In recent news Ellen DeGeneres continues to be a wonderful human being and Katy Perry looked amazing in her dress

album_large_5545578.jpg

me too ellen

me too

"Ellen DeGeneres is a wonderful human being!"

*picture of Ellen sexually harassing Katy Perry*

"Okay well most of the time she is. Just, you know. Boobs. And all."

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    helenmirrennicholasoakw.jpg
    Queen Helen of Fuckinfantastica!

procrastinating/catching up with fashion instead of packing or cleaning or sundry things...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    helen mirren: possibly the greatest living human?????

• denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod

album_large_5545578.jpg

me too ellen

me too

Clearly she's mugging for the camera, let's not get all #SocialJustice

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Can I just say that Portia de Rossi's hair and jacket in that photo are straight-up bangin'

Ellen is pretty great. I've written to her a couple times.

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Can I just say that Portia de Rossi [is] straight-up bangin'

she is ultra perfect

kQwcZLJ.png
    Also Portia's book "Unbearable Lightness" is incredible and I recommend it to everybody.

transplanted from the webcomics thread

tumblr_mi2e21q66B1rqqme8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mi2e21q66B1rqqme8o2_500.jpg

ETqXK.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Would.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    denihilist wrote: »

album_large_5545578.jpg

me too ellen

me too

Clearly she's mugging for the camera, let's not get all #SocialJustice

No, it's nowhere near that territory.

It was just a funny contrast between the statement and the picture

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    if being less curvy meant I could be a shark, I'd be even more obsessed with dieting than I already am

kQwcZLJ.png
    edited February 2013
    WaM, you'll always be a murderous sea-beast with a never-ending thirst for fresh blood, in my eyes.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    Futore knows how to talk to the ladies.

fabulousFantastic.png
This discussion has been closed.