As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

State of the Union 2013 - One Nation Under Cops

AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Social Entropy++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwuEnyV1Cb0

Ladies and gentlemen, watch for the bass drop.

This is starting in about an hour and a half. Hopefully, we'll get to hear something new w/r/t policies and programs, but who knows!

Aneurhythmia on

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    $20 on LAPD dropping dorner during the address

$10 on the potus mentioning Dorner by name

• MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    fifteen thousand dollars on obama pausing between statements

l3icwZV.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Obamastep

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Obamastep

wubwubwubwubwubwubwub

L-L-L-LET THE BOMBS DROP
    *drone strike on the cabin dorner is in*

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    6ajmWfl.jpg

jkZziGc.png
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I hate that image, will
    stahp

l3icwZV.png
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular

An extraordinary feat considering he's in San Bernardino

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    If you're looking for a takeaway from White House Counterterrorism Advisor John Brennan's testimony before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, all you need is a line from Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who wanted to assure Brennan that he would keep questions short.
    "I noticed you're on your fourth glass of water," Burr said, "and I don't want to be accused of waterboarding you." Plenty of people on the august panel of senators laughed at that one, because war crimes are funny.
    Levin repeatedly tried to get Brennan to acknowledge that waterboarding is torture, to which Brennan stubbornly and conveniently repeatedly replied, "I am not a lawyer."

:rotate:

jkZziGc.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sorry Obama, you're my man, but my TV's staying on this batshit insane Dorner news until that Dorner story's done

Sweeney Tom on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Pharezon hates the president because he's half white.

The big racist.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

Kinda hope it's done with before then, just generally.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    What is a Dorner?
    Something tells me I probably don't want to know.

VayBJ4e.png
    Not kinda, even.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Pharezon hates the president because he's half white.

The big racist.

AND because he's a man

MISANDRY

What is a Dorner?

Ex-cop fighting current cops. Both sides shooting civilians. Whole thing is a shit show.

What is a Dorner?

That ex-cop who killed cops almost 10 days ago in CA, escaped into hiding, just got out of hiding in a cabin, and killed another cop and wounded another

• BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    state of tha union

"we're a bunch of imperialist shit-men whose obsessions with getting forever richer will ensure who ever lives on this planet after us will have to survive in an over polluted nightmarish hell pit of despair, now watch this drive"

sig-1.jpg
    Berk wrote: »
    state of tha union

"we're a bunch of imperialist shit-men whose obsessions with getting forever richer will ensure who ever lives on this planet after us will have to survive in an over polluted nightmarish hell pit of despair, now watch this drive"

yeah and

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Okay but what is he

going to do about our crippling lugnut shortage?

Okay but what is he

going to do about our crippling lugnut shortage?

It's China's fault obviously. They have warehouses of that shit, we just have to go and take it.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    What is a Dorner?

Ex-LAPD who was fired for accusing another police of kicking a homeless man in the face a couple years back. Sent out a manifesto last week declaring war on the LAPD and specific officers families. Killed one police and injured at least 4 others as far as I know, possibly killed his attorney's daughter and her boyfriend?

Been a huge manhunt going on for him ever since, last I heard they were having a shootout with him in Big Bear?

Some of that might be sketchy, I get all my updates from the ladies in my office listening to Spanish radio about it

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    state of tha union

Yeah, I'm probably naive for hoping for even the echoes of a shifting discourse. Bleh.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    state of tha union

so the same old song and dance the wealthy elite have been pulling since the rise of agriculture, huh

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Yeah, also the LAPD managed to open fire on two pickups that sort of matched the description of Dorner's pickup without any warning within a half hour a couple days ago

no one died (as far I know) but people were shot

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    state of tha union

so the same old song and dance the wealthy elite have been pulling since the rise of agriculture, huh

kill all humans

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Yeah, also the LAPD managed to open fire on two pickups that sort of matched the description of Dorner's pickup without any warning within a half hour a couple days ago

The LAPD has apologized to the victims.

0BnD8l3.gif
    What is a Dorner?

Ex-LAPD who was fired for accusing another police of kicking a homeless man in the face a couple years back. Sent out a manifesto last week declaring war on the LAPD and specific officers families. Killed one police and injured at least 4 others as far as I know, possibly killed his attorney's daughter and her boyfriend?

Been a huge manhunt going on for him ever since, last I heard they were having a shootout with him in Big Bear?

Some of that might be sketchy, I get all my updates from the ladies in my office listening to Spanish radio about it

There were 2 shootouts at Big Bear, 1 fatality, 2 wounded, and they just tossed in tear gas 20 or so minutes ago that hit some of his ammo and the cabin's on fire

Now they'll get to apologize with piles of money once the trials start.

jkZziGc.png
    @abc7newsBayArea: #LAPD Chief: To be targeted because of what you are, that is absolutely terrifying.

Most ironic statement of 2013.

jkZziGc.png
    note that there's no actual evidence he is in the cabin, the only thing they're going off of is that the people who were carjacked (which lead to a chase to the cabin) said "he looked like dorner"

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    holy fuck annie I thought you were joking.

there is an honest to god bass drop in that State of the Union preview video. the white house made a fucking dubstep music video

ETqXK.png

"So what do we do when we accidentally shoot an unarmed civilian?"

"Cover their hospital bills and pay restitution?"

"Haha, noooo! We apologize with nice, cheap words."

Pharezon wrote: »
    @abc7newsBayArea: #LAPD Chief: To be targeted because of what you are, that is absolutely terrifying.

https://twitter.com/EBONYMag/status/301463076627165184
    @EBONYMag wrote:
    Oh really? RT @abc7newsBayArea: #LAPD Chief: To be targeted because of what you are, that is absolutely terrifying.

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular

be fair, the year is just begun

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

holy shit

I'm just going to respond to everything with a futurama quote for a while.

I'm just going to respond to everything with a futurama quote for a while.

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    This ought to sum up the state of our union:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

https://twitter.com/EBONYMag/status/301463076627165184
    @EBONYMag wrote:
    Oh really? RT @abc7newsBayArea: #LAPD Chief: To be targeted because of what you are, that is absolutely terrifying.

Cue Toph's "Oh no. What a nightmare."

This discussion has been closed.