As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post Pax Party @ The Geddes Lounge! <333 Thanks for coming!!!

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    @FatSoDa it will definitely depend on how many tickets are sold in advance. I'm under the assumption that the first lot will sell out before the event, so depending on how much more interest there is will be if I am able to make them available at the door. I don't want to move us up to the main floor on the 'hope' that we'll have a bunch of walk ins and then have a huge venue, and a minimum spend on drinks that is impossible for us to reach.

• FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    @danacyrus good answer.

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    A snifter of your finest port, good sir!

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    I also hate the thought of only having say 20 spots available, and then having to go 'Nope, sorry, we're full' and turn people away. :(

• PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I must say good work on finding a site like eventbrite! Being able to just create tickets for anything.... brilliant!
    I'm living in the future, and the internet still amazes me sometimes.

(In other news, just purchased my ticket!)

Psykar on
    Yeah, it was a find, actually saw it when I was doing some research on previous Pax parties in the USA :P

It was a good find :D

• tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    what do you think of getting some live music in?

Hey we're currently looking at possibilities, someone on the facebook page brought up chiptune or something like that?

If you have any suggestions, send me a message :)

• thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
    Tickets are selling!

:D

• VanellopeVanellope Registered User regular
    As paychecks roll in. :P

XD I assumed the timing would coincide with that :P

time to pay for a (hopefully golden) ticket!

edited February 2013
    whoops! double post.

thegh0sts on
    mwahahahahaha I own your soul now!!

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Accursed paypal! Hurry up and transfer in my ebay profits so I can buy my ticket! /rude@3-5businessdays

Plenty of tickets left :) Take your time :)

• CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    AWESOME :D TICKET BROUGHT AND READY TO GO :D

I know Dan Murphy's is good :P I send people there if they can't find anything at my work (BWS)

As long as they have Cider, I will be ok. :D

• FallbreakerFallbreaker Registered User regular
    I'll be sticking around till 2-3ish if they're still oepn then :)

seriously can't wait for PAX and the post-PAX party :D

ticket purchased :) any updates on whether or not we'll be able to have live music?

Hey thereeee, I'm currently looking into a few options for live music :P If you have any suggestions, let me know :P

see what you can do! :D

no sorry but if anybody else can recommend some good live music that would be available please post! id be more than happy to help organise it

• YugYug [ PAX Australia ] Content & Communications Manager AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hit up the chiptunes guys in Melbourne.

Or perhaps DJ TR!P - https://www.facebook.com/ultracadelive

I like drinking, I like gaming, so I created the Mana Bar
    paxaus_sig.gif
    Facebook.com/PAXAus
    Twitter.com/PAXAus

Yeah I've been looking at a few chiptunes guys in Melbourne at the moment :)

• Darkknight27Darkknight27 Registered User new member
    hey danacyrus just wondering if there are still tickets left for the party as i have about 3 or 4 people im waiting on to to get back to me to see if there coming

i don't believe it would have sold out THAT quickly!

• FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    yeah i hope not im waiting for pay day. stupid monthly pay

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
    Hey it's a damn popular party, what if it DID!

But nah, we've still got plenty of tickets, but they're steadily getting sold, you have plenty of time :)

can you give a percentage of tickets sold/tickets left?

just for the curious statistician in every one :D

About 30-35% sold at the moment.

But same as last time, cross referencing the purchases to the people who've still said they'll come shows lots of people haven't purchased their ticket which is actually making it quite hard for me to organise things. I'm limited by how many people buy tickets at the time.

And if there's a reasonable number of tickets left available, I will let some tickets be sold at the door.

a third sold = not bad!

still heaps of time left...can't really say the same for the tickets come closer to the date :D

edited March 2013
    Yeah not bad :P Definitely hoping to sell the lot and make our first PPP an awesome one!

On that note, I have some super exciting news about the live music which I will be announcing within the next week ;) I'm excited, you should be too!

Danacyrus on
  • ninnanuamninnanuam Registered User regular
    Got my ticket

Okay,

I am SUPER excited to announce the first of our confirmed musical guests!!

He is particularly well known in the chip music community, and has performed numerous shows in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and abroad in Chicago and New York. Notably, he performed at Australia's first chip music festival Blip Festival Australia in February 2012. He has tracks on the acclaimed netlabels Pause and Ubiktune, as well as a plethora of singles floating around the net.

So on that note I'm super excited to announce our first of two musical guests Derris-Kharlan!

BRING IT!

And the second of our wonderful music guests is another Melbournian Chip-tunes artist - cTrix!

this party is gonna be sweet!

• nightquillnightquill AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Aw yiss. Hurry up payday. *bounces*

This discussion has been closed.