As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

100 pages can't contain all of the [Weight Loss & Fitness]

19495969798100»

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I want to get a blending device to make shakes with my protein powder but counter space is at a premium so of rather not get a full sized blender. Does that Magic Bullet thing work well?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've never used that brand, but I've found all shaker cups and mixing cups that I've used to be pretty much useless.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I want to get a blending device to make shakes with my protein powder but counter space is at a premium so of rather not get a full sized blender. Does that Magic Bullet thing work well?

bro
    immersion / stick blenders are the light

you can make the thing in the cup you wanna drink in, like mine came with a small plastic beaker, and i've made things in that, and just drank out of it
    and then you can also use it to make things like soups and whatever

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    get an immersion blender it will change your life

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Sorry when I said shake I meant smoothie. Can the immersion blender handle ice?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I have this little metal ball that goes into my flask and I shake it a bit and it's not lumpy so that's good enough for me.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Check the specific models you're considering, but most of the time yes. They're just like normal blenders, parts-wise.

• Options

yes

here is a quote from an amazon review of the linked blender
    We love our new hand blender! Its so easy to use, easy to clean and very powerful. We've been making smoothies everyday and it works great with all the frozen fruit, ice and ice cream we throw in there.

poo
  • Options
    just remember 2 things with those though

only push the button when it is in the stuff you're mixing, or your food will fly around

and

unplug it when you're not actively using it so you don't slice your fingers off

poo
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    just remember 2 things with those though

only push the button when it is in the stuff you're mixing, or your food will fly around

and

unplug it when you're not actively using it so you don't slice your fingers off

OR, if you do cut your fingers off, learn to type with your toes and come in here to brag about how much weight you lost.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I had a big mardi gras meal yesterday
    So many foods I haven't had in so long

No one told me about the gas that happens when you eat like that again

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I have this little metal ball that goes into my flask and I shake it a bit and it's not lumpy so that's good enough for me.

I got one of these things http://www.blenderbottle.com/classic

Does the job.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    yep that's the thing

• Options
    I have the Mexican non-union equivalent of one of those and it was fucking useless. Probably worth spending extra for the right brand.

• Options
    myprotein send you a free one with any order of a flask

• Options
    I got my free one from an order at a local nutricentre. Man, myprotein is such a good site.

• Options
    sheeeeeeiiiiit there's a ton of free stuff I could be getting from them if I thought to look up vouchers before an order

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @Tube Yeah it's a good cup, haven't tried anything other than the powder but apparently it's able to blend in hardier stuff like peanut butter too.

On an interesting note, I've actually got... Shape around my neck. Like I can feel the contours, the bone and stuff without really trying. Can't wait until I slim down in the face too.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I think my dog hates me working out. This morning she walked out the open door and peed on my balcony right in the middle of an exercise. Last time I was committed to Insanity, she was horrendously sick before my workout and I had to spend a few hours scrubbing instead. She must want me to stay fat forever.

This discussion has been closed.