As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I keep getting logged out.

I'm currently having quite a few problems staying signed in to my account. I keep getting logged off for no discernible reason, and I'm wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue? Are the servers getting hammered today, or is it something on my end (bad cache, or something malicious maybe)?

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    try clearing the cookies for penny-arcade.com and then clearing your cache, then log back in and see

could be a cookie problem

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I was thinking that myself, but I decided I'd let it be for a little while and just see what happened. For a while there it seemed I'd get booted off almost as quickly as I could log in, but now, fifteen minutes later, it seems to be holding steady.

The worst of it happened while I was watching a really long Youtube LP of Dragon Quest X, but when the video finished my troubles appear to have evaporated. Thinking about it, that almost makes it sound like a bandwidth problem and not bad cookies or cache, but yeah. We'll see where this goes. If it starts acting up again I'm gonna have to look into it a bit more deeply and start tinkering for real.

EDIT: And there we go again, starting to get booted once more. After a quick clearing of Cache and Cookies, I'm back, now let's see for how long I manage to last this time.

EDIT 2: Issue still persists. Trying to rack my brain for alternate causes. I'm starting to think that perhaps Malware might be behind this, though I find it curious that the problem seems to come up only when I'm doing something bandwidth-heavy (like watching a large video or stream) while I'm trying to stay logged in. Nevertheless, I guess I'll take a walk or something while I run some antivirus scans.

Zephiran on

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    @IcyLiquid

Any chance this has something to do with notifications? I, too, have been randomly logged out several times, and each time upon logging in, I'm greeted with a new notification. This has happened the last few times I've gotten a badge, but also when I got promoted to "Regular".

Just a thought.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Well, it's the morning after my troubles began, and everything seems to be back to normal now - whatever was making my account go all out of whack is apparently gone now, without me having to done anything. I couldn't sniff up any Malware whatsoever, and my PC is working just about as well as it always has otherwise, so I have absolutely no idea what that was all about.

I'll just assume that, between the PA Forum servers, login service, Valentine's day shenanigans, my ISP and PC, something aligned and just went completely balls out bumblefuck.

If this same issue comes back to haunt me once more later, though I'm loathe to do it, I guess I'll have to engage some heavy duty diagnostics or something. For now I'm just happy I can access my account reliably again.