As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Sonic the Hedgehog] New Sonic All-Stars Racing trailer... with Afterburner stage!

19495969798100»

• Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I'd only want a SA3 if it was set up like SA1 (pick your character and play their own storyline and levels) and not SA2 (pick Hero Story or Dark Story and constantly switch characters and playstyles).

Oh, and no treasure hunting stages for Knuckles. Let him bash his way through a Sonic-style stage like S3&K.

You are going to like the next sonic game.

• Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    I just hope they will keep the spirit of Sonic Colors, which was all about fast imaginative designs. If Generations taught me one thing, it's that this whole urban theme is simply tedious. Cities over cities, I don't care much for that crap.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    I just hope they will keep the spirit of Sonic Colors, which was all about fast imaginative designs. If Generations taught me one thing, it's that this whole urban theme is simply tedious. Cities over cities, I don't care much for that crap.

500px-stardust-speedway-good-future.jpg

The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Lars wrote: »
    I'd only want a SA3 if it was set up like SA1 (pick your character and play their own storyline and levels) and not SA2 (pick Hero Story or Dark Story and constantly switch characters and playstyles).

Oh, and no treasure hunting stages for Knuckles. Let him bash his way through a Sonic-style stage like S3&K.

You are going to like the next sonic game.

Rosy the Rascal confirmed.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So, I just got Racing Transformed on the Vita.

Love it so far. Any tips for beginners? I've never played another Sonic racing game, but I've played a bit of Mario Kart.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hit the accelerator at 2 to get a boost when the flag goes down.

As for Knuckles, I just want to be able to glide and climb above all else. I liked the treasure hunts in SA/SA2 (with some exceptions), but those are the main things to me. If I can just do that through a stage, maybe hit the ground running Sonic-style, I'll be good.

Punching appreciated, but optional.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Maybe not urban, but industrial themes are kinda inevitable in Sonic games.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Since we're on page 100 and and TSR is jailed, I'm working on a new OP. Should I wait for the lock, or go ahead and post it when I'm done?

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    So, I just got Racing Transformed on the Vita.

Love it so far. Any tips for beginners? I've never played another Sonic racing game, but I've played a bit of Mario Kart.

hit the gas at the starting count down just before the 3 (when the screen goes dark) and then again just before the 2 and before the 1 for the largest possible starting boost

if you miss a number you can still hit the numbers after it for a medium boost starting at 2 and a small boost starting at 1

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Since we're on page 100 and and TSR is jailed, I'm working on a new OP. Should I wait for the lock, or go ahead and post it when I'm done?

Go ahead and do it, dawg.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    TheSonicRetard has been kidnapped by -Tal and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My existence was a CHARITABLE thing
    An act both nice and kind
    But I had to go for I could not bear
    That brat STEPSON of mine
    Which forumer am I?