As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2013 IRC Channel Meet Up?

illdrinnilldrinn Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in PAX East
Heyas,

So I managed to track down and meet a few IRC folk at Prime but I was thinking we could have an official get together at East.

I was thinking say lunch or dinner on the Saturday, anyone keen? If so tips on local eateries/places we could meet would be muchly appreciated

Amaya

zerzhul on

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm potentially interested, but finding someplace reasonably close to the BCEC that isn't completely swamped with hordes of PAXers may well prove problematic. Lucky's Lounge might not be a bad venue - a few blocks away, and relatively nondescript, but being a bar/lounge type place would require 21+ . . . @ArsonIsFun would probably have some good input on this . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I assume you mean East 2013? :P

We did this at Lucky's Lounge in 2011 on Saturday for brunch, and there were no issues with carding or whatnot.

• Options
    TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    Interested.

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Luckys is a pretty solid spot for a meetup IMO (assuming it's going to be earlier in the day)

Other options worth considering:
    Chinatown - Either a generic spot or dim sum
    Downtown Bar/Restaurant - Might be nice to get away from PAXLand and see more of the city

I'll think on it for a bit ...

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    This is relevant to my interests. Both in food and in IRC.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Definitely interested!

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    wolfsblood101wolfsblood101 Registered User regular
    definitely interested, always love to drink with fun people.

Hotel [X] Travel [X] 3 Days of badges[X] Crew[X] ITS ON!
  • Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting to be approved in IRC to be able to talk :(

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    I like IRC people!

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to be approved in IRC to be able to talk :(

I never got a PM on irc (or forums) about getting added to the access list...

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    PsykusPsykus Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm game, even though I'm in and out of the channel all the time. And Slashnet keeps expiring my nickname, blah. Pretty sure I've used it in the last 60 days?

Psykus on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Psykus wrote: »
    I'm game, even though I'm in and out of the channel all the time. And Slashnet keeps expiring my nickname, blah. Pretty sure I've used it in the last 60 days?

Recently there was a fuckup with slashnet services. They lost a server that ran the services and happened to also lose the backups, lol.

They had to roll back services to Jan of 2011.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    So hey, is this desire still active? I'm still down for an IRC meetup if y'all are.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I could probably do one, in between all my other stuff, as long as it's very late on pax days, or very early on non pax days.

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm still down, assuming it doesn't conflict with anything else. When are we thinking?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I'm interested, but I don't get in until Friday morning because Jetblue hates me and didn't supply any flights I could take during the day on Thursday.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    I'm in Moe's situation. Actually I'm on Moe's flight. I think anytime very late on Friday, Saturday, Sunday would work, or sometime on Monday if IRCers are sticking around until then would work. I'm not so much a morning person, even less so during PAX, so I'd *prefer* not to do something ungodly early, if possible.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    I would be interested if i can squeeze it in.

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    Yup, I'm definitely interested.

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Friday night I'm doing Cult of the Leaf after concerts, but would definitely be up for getting together Saturday night after concerts. I'm also getting in Wednesday if anyone wants to hang before then.

• Options
    It's sounding like drinks and/or dinner on Saturday night is a prime candidate for a meetup. What do you all say?

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    rawrelysarawrelysa Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    I'm interested in joining! I'll be around all weekend, as I live here.

• Options
    lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    I did the Lucky's in 2011 and thought that worked out pretty great. It was Saturday morning if memory serves and we pretty much had the place to ourselves despite it only being a couple blocks away.

• Options
    So it seems like this needs a bit of logistics to tie it together. I'll go ahead and manage the IRC meet-up unless anyone's already been doing so.

Here's a sign-up form: bit.ly/IRCMeetupE13 - (Any personal information [phone number/email address] entered into this form WILL be kept private.)

I'll also make a G+ circle for IRC meetup folks I already have on that service, just to keep updates pushed out. I'll keep them to a minimum. :)

It sounds like Lucky's is our venue. If you hate(d) Lucky's and want to try somewhere else the sign-up form above is your chance to vote for something else!

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    UPDATE THE THREAD AGB!

• Options
    So what's going on with this?

• Options
    Hey guys! Sorry for the lag. It looks like the small IRC meetup will be at Lucky's on Saturday evening before concerts start up. I'm going to call it for 6:30 PM. If that's too early let me know and I'll adjust.

I'm calling them today to ensure we can actually get in. Just want to get that squared away.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So someone's reserved the lounge at Lucky's for a private PAX event from 7:00 - 10:00 on Saturday. We can show up to their smaller bar inside the dining room if we'd like. It sounds like it may get very crowded, especially as we're about 12 people right now, if not more by the time Saturday rolls around.

As an alternative there is the Tamriel Beer Garden run by Bethesda from 6:00 - 11:00 on Saturday. Maybe we should try our chances there instead?

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Breakfast is out? That worked last time.

EDIT: I'm guessing the Bethesda thing will be difficult to get into. And with the NCAA stuff going on, so will bars. The first year we all met at a Dunkin Donuts. Or, more specifically, multiple Dunkin Donuts because the person that organized wasn't from around here and didn't know there is a DnD on every corner. So maybe a coffee meetup?

TheTerribleMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Breakfast is out? That worked last time.

EDIT: I'm guessing the Bethesda thing will be difficult to get into. And with the NCAA stuff going on, so will bars. The first year we all met at a Dunkin Donuts. Or, more specifically, multiple Dunkin Donuts because the person that organized wasn't from around here and didn't know there is a DnD on every corner. So maybe a coffee meetup?

Yeah, so the majority of respondents indicated Saturday evening would work best for them so that's what I went with. The majority know about Lucky's so I say we try our luck (EDIT: har har) there. If we get there and it's a CF then we can always hightail it to a Dunkin or something like that. I'd be down for a coffee meetup as a fallback.

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png