As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're talking [chat]ball

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It is difficult to download all the SS2 mods at the moment, their hosts' bandwidth has been sucked dry.

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Baseball is at its best when you have two great pitchers having a duel. Loves me some 2-1 games

Yeah, it's too bad they burn those guys out by playing a million games a year. And then it's a scandal when someone's taking steroids. The MLB created the problem with the insane schedule they force teams to maintain. The human body doesn't absorb strain like that on the muscles without either permanent damage or pharmacology of dubious legality, probably both.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    i still have to do a valentine and i am wholly out of ideas

bah

Yukiko's red
    Naoto is blue

You hit my heart with tentarafoo

noooo I have no arrows for Frosteeeeeyyyyyyy ;-;

fuck gendered marketing
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The arrows are all gone.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The arrows are all gone.

But I haven't shot Frosteey

my life is a failure : (

fuck gendered marketing
    why are you even talking about all these sports that nobody is playing

Basketball

fuck gendered marketing
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Basketball may be the worst spectator sport. The court is just too small to allow a proper crowd.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    But basketball season doesn't start until March!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Basketball may be the worst spectator sport. The court is just too small to allow a proper crowd.

That is the falsest

fuck gendered marketing
    knitdan wrote: »

I wish I could hate you right through my screen

fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2013
    Elldren wrote: »
    why are you even talking about all these sports that nobody is playing

Basketball

Basketball is awesome to play, but I can't get into watching it.

It's a good sport, and one that's very demanding on athletes, so I respect them. It's just not for me.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht

I wish I could hate you right through my screen

Ow, ow stop that! I was joking!

That is the falsest

I'll admit I've only been once. But we all decided never to go again.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I saw some Olympic basketball last year. Was waaaay at the back, but they stack the seating so steeply you're close enough to see everything even from there.

That is the falsest

Where?

fuck gendered marketing
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I just saw a picture gallery of this cruise ship that was adrift for 5 days. It is so insanely fucking weird.

Like I was thinking "Less than a week couldn't be that bad" but then you look at the pictures and it looks worse than post apocalyptic Dubai in The Line. Like a raided refugee camp. It's like the engine went out and everyone made a collective effort to immediately build temporary tents on the decks with sheets and smear all the walls with feces.

PSN: Honkalot
    edited February 2013

That is the falsest

NHL hockey is good live, and just about any game played by your Alma Mater will be fun to check out.

But any pro sport where the seats are all bought out by douchebags who only use the games to entertain business contacts and clients, as is the case with basketball, everyone should just stay home and watch on TV, seeing a lot more detail with a mountain less bullshit.

Zoku Gojira on
    Honk wrote: »
    I just saw a picture gallery of this cruise ship that was adrift for 5 days. It is so insanely fucking weird.

Like I was thinking "Less than a week couldn't be that bad" but then you look at the pictures and it looks worse than post apocalyptic Dubai in The Line. Like a raided refugee camp. It's like the engine went out and everyone made a collective effort to immediately build temporary tents on the decks with sheets and smear all the walls with feces.

where?

fuck gendered marketing
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Tents on the deck I can understand.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious

That is the falsest

Where?

Manchester.

For some reason we also had an ice hockey team and as it was fun to watch we decided to see if other sports were also fun. They were not.

That is the falsest

NHL hockey is good live, and just about any game played by your Alma Mater will be fun to check out.

But any pro sport where the seats are all bought out by douchebags who only use the games to entertain business contacts and clients, as is the case with basketball, everyone should just stay home and watch on TV, seeing a lot more detail with a mountain less bullshit.

what

that isn't the case with basketball at all

Where do you live?

fuck gendered marketing

Yeah. It was really weird. Odd what human psychology does in groups.

Gulf of Mexico. The people on the deck were the ones who had to abandon their cabins because some areas of the ship got inundated with raw sewage.

• SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Holy shit that meteor in Russia.

Holy. Shit.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Meteor stuff in Russia is kind of scary - getting hurt 'cos of a shockwave.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/feb/15/meteorite-explosion-shakes-russian

That is the falsest

Where?

Manchester.

For some reason we also had an ice hockey team and as it was fun to watch we decided to see if other sports were also fun. They were not.

Oh

Well I could go watch the local amateur footie team and see a not-very-good game too, but I wouldn't write off all of football over it.

fuck gendered marketing
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    In what amounts to epic level nerdery, I have number crunched that the Von Braun's Faster than Light drive has an average cruising speed of roughly Warp 2.9

what

Where do you live?

Well, things may have changed. In my defense, being a Seattleite, it's been a while since we had a pro basketball team (if you choose to describe the Sonics as such) to even try and score tickets to go and see live.

We might get a new team soon, I just hope the taxpayers don't get handed the bill for the stadium to lure them here. (We will.)

Gulf of Mexico. The people on the deck were the ones who had to abandon their cabins because some areas of the ship got inundated with raw sewage.

I was asking after the gallery, actually

but that is p terrible

fuck gendered marketing
    edited February 2013
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Meteor stuff in Russia is kind of scary - getting hurt 'cos of a shockwave.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/feb/15/meteorite-explosion-shakes-russian

Holy shit.

We're incredibly fortunate that nothing like this happened during the numerous alerts that occurred in the Cold War, where various Soviet premiers had to decide in a matter of minutes whether the West was launching missiles at them. Fingers poised on the button.

Zoku Gojira on
    Here you'll have to forgive the language being BORKy.

The narration said that there was urine and poop all over the floors, not actually witnessed on those photographs though.

Here you'll have to forgive the language being BORKy.

The narration said that there was urine and poop all over the floors, not actually witnessed on those photographs though.

Probably just the rumor mill shitting all over the floor, like it did with the Superdome situation after Katrina.

And now everyone in Russia probably has super powers.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    You know what? To hell with tact. I do resent all you sport people for liking sport because if you didn't like sport I wouldn't be forced to tolerate the existence of sport. How dare you have interests that don't align with mine.

I dunno it's just so weird to me. You have this staple of modern luxury but lose power and on day two it is pooped all over and a refugee camp.

It is a GOOD BUSINESS being a cleaning contractor in Alabama right now.

Wow

Thank you, ubiquity of dash cams in Russia

fuck gendered marketing
    Casual wrote: »
    You know what? To hell with tact. I do resent all you sport people for liking sport because if you didn't like sport I wouldn't be forced to tolerate the existence of sport. How dare you have interests that don't align with mine.

It's normally fine as you can drink and chat to your friends while they casually observe men in tiny shorts pretending to have a hurty knee.

An important exception is any kind of final and the time I was tricked in to going to Newcastle and had to sit through an entire match without drinking because my friends thought I'd cause trouble.

Wow

Thank you, ubiquity of dash cams in Russia

I know, right?

This is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.

And I mean in the actual meaning of the word: inspiring awe.

Because wow.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    oh my god my nap turned into eight hours of sleep and I have something due before 6am this morning

hurry hurry

rRwz9.gif

what

Where do you live?

Well, things may have changed. In my defense, being a Seattleite, it's been a while since we had a pro basketball team (if you choose to describe the Sonics as such) to even try and score tickets to go and see live.

We might get a new team soon, I just hope the taxpayers don't get handed the bill for the stadium to lure them here. (We will.)

It depends heavily on the city, its culture, and the fans.

It's not that way in Boston, for example, where the businessmen are priced out. It's not that way in Oklahoma City, where not being a fan is a sin. It's not that way in Memphis, where business entertainment usually takes place a block up and involves everyone getting drunk and full of food.

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.