As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Infraction points - how do they work?

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that despite being a member of the forums for over 6 years, I have no idea how the infraction system works here. Reading the Geth thread has made me curious/paranoid about the "2 points for a minor infraction, 3 points for a major infraction" mechanism.

Obviously, accruing points is bad. Are the punishment thresholds public knowledge? Do points disappear over time?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2013
    You can check for expiration dates in your profile.

Here is the breakdown for infractions

Warning - 0 Points, mainly to bring attention to borderline behavior
    Minor - 2 Points
    Serious - 3 Points, and an account is jailed while they have three or more points
    At 6 points, you are banned until enough infractions expire for you to drop below 6.
    Permaban - 8 Points, which is generally only done for especially bad behavior or a general history of below acceptable behavior.

If your account hits 8 points from multiple infractions, you are not necessarily permabanned, but you are definitely on thin ice since 8 points takes quite a few infractions to achieve.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I have a related question...I know there used to be things you couldn't do while jailed (like quote other posts and whatnot, and that was later changed)...is there any way that jailed accounts are still limited? I wasn't sure.

You can't make threads, the post timer might be higher, and there might be some other stuff I forget.

YL9WnCY.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Ah, alrighty.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    And you can't use the report feature.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Is that to reduce stoolie snitchin'?

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

That one seems a little weird to me, now that it's been brought up. Can you explain the reasoning for it?

People tend to get petty and abuse reports after a jailing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    People tend to get petty and abuse reports after a jailing.

Probably, but it's been said more than once that report buttons can be taken from specific users. Is it really frequent enough in occurrence that it's better to make it a function of jailing rather than handling it when it comes up? D:

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Hang on let me file this in my Henroid's Very Important Opinions file. Man. How did this file get so big.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    You can check for expiration dates in your profile.

Here is the breakdown for infractions

Warning - 0 Points, mainly to bring attention to borderline behavior
    Minor - 2 Points
    Serious - 3 Points, and an account is jailed while they have three or more points
    At 6 points, you are banned until enough infractions expire for you to drop below 6.
    Permaban - 8 Points, which is generally only done for especially bad behavior or a general history of below acceptable behavior.

If your account hits 8 points from multiple infractions, you are not necessarily permabanned, but you are definitely on thin ice since 8 points takes quite a few infractions to achieve.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. :^:

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Double post fun.

Nightslyr on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    And sometimes the admins let the robots wear the big pants, and the robots go all MURDER ALL HUMANS with their newfound powers.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    And sometimes the admins let the robots wear the big pants, and the robots go all MURDER ALL HUMANS with their newfound powers.

Is THAT what happened? I haven't posted in a few days, I wake up and have 6 infraction points and red alerts on my profile for insufficient valentines days commitment. Would have been nice to know I'm working on getting banned by firing those arrows out.

Holiday infractions last for a day or so. It isn't the end of the world.

YL9WnCY.png
    Tube wrote: »
    Hang on let me file this in my Henroid's Very Important Opinions file. Man. How did this file get so big.

Yeah fuck me for having outspoken curiosity. I'll just fuck off then.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Aw, You know Tube don't mean anything by it. He loves us all.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Actually, every Thursday we head over to Tube's tree house for our weekly No Henroids Club meeting.

YL9WnCY.png
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Its true, I watch on Skype.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Henroid wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

Yeah fuck me for having outspoken curiosity. I'll just fuck off then.

That would be tits, thanks.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Henroid wrote: »
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

That one seems a little weird to me, now that it's been brought up. Can you explain the reasoning for it?

I wish we could do this over on the 2k games community boards. One poster in particular after being infracted for routinely insulting other members spammed 22 reports against any post that remotely disagreed with him (calling it trolling). It literally made the report forum a gigantic mess and finding legitimate reports impossible.

Edit: I went back and counted specifically.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    edit: I'm dumb and you should ignore this!

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699