As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii Friendly Forum Suggestion

SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
Maybe I do not yet know the control to do get back to the page top yet, but when browsing the forum via wii opera, it would be helpful to have a duplicate of the links at the top of the page located across the bottom of the page.

by links, i am referring to tools, search, user panel, members, home, faq.

this would save a drag back to the top of the page

poastin from my wii :D

Squashua on

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    As a workaround, you could click one of the forum structure links at the bottom.

jothki on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For maximum Wii-a-tude it would be nice if you could browse and post to the forums in "Printable Version."

The "Printable Version" of forum pages display really nice on the Wii.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    How does it look on the Wii? I thought they used the same rendering engine as the desktop Opera. D:

MKR on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    How does it look on the Wii? I thought they used the same rendering engine as the desktop Opera. D:

It's really the browsing scheme on Wii that is hte hang-up.

You can scroll up and down a hell of a lot faster with a mouse and/or pageup/pagedown keyboard controls.

When trying to get back to the top-page links from the bottom of a 50-post thread view, it takes a minute.

Squashua on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

You can scroll up and down a hell of a lot faster with a mouse and/or pageup/pagedown keyboard controls.

When trying to get back to the top-page links from the bottom of a 50-post thread view, it takes a minute.

Can't you just press the 'Top' Link at the bottom of the page, and that'll bring you back up to the top of the page?

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I wouldn't mind a PSP-friendly version. >_>

What happened to the mobile version of the PA frontpage?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »

Can't you just press the 'Top' Link at the bottom of the page, and that'll bring you back up to the top of the page?

Yeah, didn't know about that link, thanks.

Squashua on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    While we're at it, why don't we get a PS3 version, and a Windows CE version, and a Palm Treo version, and a Blackberry version, and an iPhone version........(hopefully everyone gets it by now)

I'd love a Wii version, but ya, lets draw the line.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wasn't asking for a Wii-specific version.

I was asking for a slight re-design to accommodate a browser that doesn't scroll quickly.

Fortunately, the "top" link in the bottom right pretty much solves the problem; it'd still be nice, but now there is at least a very good work-around.

My issue with "top" is that it's not all that prevalent as it took this very thread for me to notice it.

Squashua on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wunderbar wrote: »
    While we're at it, why don't we get a PS3 version, and a Windows CE version, and a Palm Treo version, and a Blackberry version, and an iPhone version........(hopefully everyone gets it by now)

I'd love a Wii version, but ya, lets draw the line.

How about just a "non-pc" version that's pretty basic?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Why on earth would anyone seriously browse Penny Arcade from their Wii anyway?

Treeloot on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Treeloot wrote: »
    Why on earth would anyone seriously browse Penny Arcade from their Wii anyway?

PC is upstairs and turned off; got bored playing Mario Strikers and decided to check in on the status of the various Forum-based games we're all playing without you in the ODAM, SE++ and D&D forums.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Plus the Wii has keyboard support now, so I'm told.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Plus the Wii has keyboard support now, so I'm told.

So "they" say.

Squashua on