As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Concerts

PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Someone mind explaining to me how the concerts works? I have figured out that you need to line up for a wrist band.

I have a couple of questions though.

1. They will have concerts Friday and Saturday. Will they have lines for wristbands for each show, or just one time?

2. Last year there was one concert I think, so I guess they had one line and people lined up early. How long did you have to spend in line for the concert wristband? When did people start lining up and when did they hand out wristbands? I don't want to miss too much of PAX to get a wristband.

I'm just curious how they are going to do it this year. There is no way I'm going to miss the Minibosses though, so I plan to get in line early.

*edit*- Sorry, I had this in another thread and decided it was too unrelated and made a new thread. Hope you guys don't mind helping out a PAX noob.

Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
Phanman on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    Phanman wrote: »
    Someone mind explaining to me how the concert works? I have figured out that you need to line up for a wrist band.

I have a couple of questions though.

1. They will have concerts Friday and Saturday. Will they have lines for wristbands for each show, or just once?
    2. Last year there was one concert, so I guess they had one line and people lined up early. How long did you have to spend in line for the concert wristband? I don't want to miss too much of PAX to get a wristband.

I'm just curious how they are going to do it this year. There is no way I'm going to miss the Minibosses though, so I plan to get in line early.

1:
    The majority of wristbands will be handed out to the people who line up before pax each day. Then there are a couple hundred that are handed out at various points throughout the day.

2:
    Last year there were 2 concerts just like this year. On friday and saturday.
    If you were at pax last year the wristband stuff is evidently being handled more or less the same way.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    One last question then. When would you recommend getting in line for Saturday then?

I see that it opens at 10am. Do they hand out the wristbands while people are in line before 10am or just hand them to people on their way in once they open the doors?

I appreciate all the help guys. I've been trying to see the Minibosses for the last 3 years in VA and had a serious conflict each time and there is no way I'm going to miss them at PAX :)

Phanman on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    One last question then. When would you recommend getting in line for Saturday then?

If you are concerned about getting a wristband, yes.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

If you are concerned about getting a wristband, yes.

emphasis added

Kyouteki on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ....I didn't realize "when" was a yes/no question.

edit: bah, beaten to the punch

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Simply put, it really just depends on when everyone else gets in line. So there is no "correct" answer, just know that the earlier you show, the better your chances.

Kyanilis on
    edited August 2007
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Simply put, it really just depends on when everyone else gets in line. So there is no "correct" answer, just know that the earlier you show, the better your chances.

This guy wins the thread.

:P

BigRed on
    edited August 2007
    Just hope there aren't a bunch of crazies lining up at 6am, but then again, who knows? I suppose with the word that people don't sleep at PAX it seems possible that lots can line up super early on Saturday.

Phanman on
    edited August 2007
    I'll be lining up after breakfast on Friday, but I don't know what I'll do on Saturday. I assume your Friday wristband won't get you in to a concert on Saturday?

Kyouteki on
    edited August 2007
    It would be most excellent if it was a 2day wristband, but if it isn't then I expect to get in line early on Saturday and sadly just not get much sleep. (Will be worth it though).

Phanman on
    edited August 2007
    AFAIK: the wristbands are for that days concert.

BigRed on
    edited August 2007
    Who are you guys most excited to see? I'm obviously looking forward to the Minibosses, but also excited to see TheOneUps as I enjoy their Volume 1 album a lot.

My friend who is coming with me is looking forward to seeing Freezepop.

Phanman on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    in the previous years, there's been a display board with an approximate "suggested lineup" time for wristband distribution. I think they had the main chunk handed out, then another 200-400 at other times through the day.

Wristbands are for that night only-- Red's too busy locked away in BYOC to know that part for sure.

b0wser on
    edited August 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    Wristbands are for that night only-- Red's too busy locked away in BYOC to know that part for sure.

I am dealing in wristbands this year since BYOC attendees get a garunteed one. :P

BigRed on
    edited August 2007

I am dealing in wristbands this year since BYOC attendees get a garunteed one. :P

:o HAX!

Kyouteki on
    edited August 2007
    Kyouteki wrote: »

:o HAX!

not really. This year BYOC will have a separate line, since they wont be in the main line that would kind of screw them out of the wristbands for concerts.
    Solution?
    Give them all a wristband.

BigRed on
    edited August 2007
    Good enough.

Kyouteki on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That might be enough to finally get me to go to a concert this year. I always usually just skip the hassle. Hooray for BYOC!

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, I want to get this off my chest now. Last year, my friend and I got in line for the sat. concert way early. We were the first two people in line, the line began at a sign 15 feet from the door. When the doors opened, there were miraculously 10-12 people in front of us. Don't do that. It makes you a cock.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited August 2007
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Also, I want to get this off my chest now. Last year, my friend and I got in line for the sat. concert way early. We were the first two people in line, the line began at a sign 15 feet from the door. When the doors opened, there were miraculously 10-12 people in front of us. Don't do that. It makes you a cock.

Yeah it does. Next time if that happens bitch very loudly to any enforcer/wsctc staffer you see.

BigRed on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hopefully the Enforcers don't do something, like, say, kick the people who who were waiting very patiently at the front to the back of the line for taking up too much space.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wristbands have always been really easy to get if you just pick them up later on in the day, minus maybe the first year. They're handed out periodically. There's no point in lining up for them.

Thello on
    edited August 2007
    Thello wrote: »
    Wristbands have always been really easy to get if you just pick them up later on in the day, minus maybe the first year. They're handed out periodically. There's no point in lining up for them.

the majority of them are given off at the start of the day, then the last third or so are given out throughout the day.

For the best chance at getting one you should line up early.

BigRed on
  • ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Feel free to line-up early, I'd rather sleep in :P.

Thello on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Takes way too long to get in if you line up. I just listened to the ventrilo broadcast.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited August 2007
    I listen to them on my computer all the time, kind of defeats the point of being able to see them in person....

Phanman on
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Hopefully the Enforcers don't do something, like, say, kick the people who who were waiting very patiently at the front to the back of the line for taking up too much space.

Yeah, we're not the sort of people to do that.

A large group of us were amongst those at the campout for Wii preorders when they started in downtown Seattle, and we were at the front of the line. We had two people try to get in front of us when the main doors opened, saying we weren't inside like they were (when the security there told us we had to stay outside) and we basically ran those two sons of bitches out on rails.

We respect the line. :p

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    not really. This year BYOC will have a separate line, since they wont be in the main line that would kind of screw them out of the wristbands for concerts.
    Solution?

For an extra $25 it's not too much to ask for a LITTLE special treatmeant :) I'm very glad you guys thought of this!

So you were 14th in line for something they were giving out 200 of? Not that I don't agree with you, those people that cut were total asses. Still, you were not at risk of not getting one, from the way I read your story... Was there something special for the first 5 people to get one?

Again, to be absolutely clear, I do agree that those people were asses, and it obviously screwed 10-12 people at the back of the line.

TrainwreckX on
    edited August 2007
    Solution?

For an extra $25 it's not too much to ask for a LITTLE special treatmeant :) I'm very glad you guys thought of this!

So you were 14th in line for something they were giving out 200 of? Not that I don't agree with you, those people that cut were total asses. Still, you were not at risk of not getting one, from the way I read your story... Was there something special for the first 5 people to get one?

Again, to be absolutely clear, I do agree that those people were asses, and it obviously screwed 10-12 people at the back of the line.

We were in the no-wristband line because we woke up too late.

Raiden333 on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Maybe I'm not understanding something (OK, not maybe)...since I already have my 3 day PAX pass, and thus have no need to get in line before PAX, I have to wait for that last third of the concert passes to be given out? Or is there going to be two separate lines, one to buy PAX passes and one to get Concert passes? And are they being given out starting at PAX opening time (ie, 2pm Friday, 10 am Saturday)? I only barely went to PAX last year, ignored the concerts entirely.

None of this has been mentioned anywhere else that I can find - not even in the thread for PAX newbs; it's like it's assumed everyone will know about it.

Dreamwriter on
    edited August 2007
    Maybe I'm not understanding something (OK, not maybe)...since I already have my 3 day PAX pass, and thus have no need to get in line before PAX, I have to wait for that last third of the concert passes to be given out? Or is there going to be two separate lines, one to buy PAX passes and one to get Concert passes? And are they being given out starting at PAX opening time (ie, 2pm Friday, 10 am Saturday)? I only barely went to PAX last year, ignored the concerts entirely.

None of this has been mentioned anywhere else that I can find - not even in the thread for PAX newbs; it's like it's assumed everyone will know about it.

There will be people lining up before pax opens, even though they already have their badges. The main reason for that this year is to get the concert wristbands.
    The majority of them will be given out (like 2/3rd's of them or so) to the opening line, and throughout the day there will be another handout of them.

I didnt see it last year but i heard there was a sign that said times when the next round of wristbands would be given out.

So if you want a wristband, you have to lineup early or lineup at the times they are handed out.

BigRed on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So the same line as for buying tickets into PAX?

Dreamwriter on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So the same line as for buying tickets into PAX?

There is a second line for them.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    Theres the line of people who already have tickets to get wristbands and to get into pax, then theres another line to buy tickets to get into pax.

You obviously want the first line, yes you still have to wait in line if you want a good chance at a wristband. Get there early and make sure your DS or other portable gaming device has a full charge :P

BigRed on
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Are you talking about the special guest/omeganauts? minutes before the concert they're allowed in. I was a special guest last year, and so I didn't have to wait in line. They announced omeganauts/special guests to go to the concert. no line, just pushed to the front.

xxhennersxx on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bigred you know how many pre-regs are there compared to how many Wristbands are getting handed out?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Bigred you know how many pre-regs are there compared to how many Wristbands are getting handed out?

Yes but dont know if that info can be public. Poke khoo about it :P Hes the one that told us.

I just know wristbands will be in short supply like every year. There is not near enough to go around.

BigRed on
    edited August 2007

Are you talking about the special guest/omeganauts? minutes before the concert they're allowed in. I was a special guest last year, and so I didn't have to wait in line. They announced omeganauts/special guests to go to the concert. no line, just pushed to the front.

They had normal passes, so nope.

Raiden333 on
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

They had normal passes, so nope.

oh okay. I was going to say "SORRY DUDE! THEY TOLD ME TO GO!"

xxhennersxx on
This discussion has been closed.