As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PC BENCHMARKS] E-Peens for everyone!

DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
Find out how horribly slow and unoptimized your PC is using totally non-relevant benchmarking tools! Brag to all your friends about your Big Number Score! Cause your PC to catch fire and asplode!

Note: Several games have built in benchmarking tools. Some off the top of my head that have them: Metro 2033, Aliens vs Predator, Just Cause 2, Crysis series, Batman AA and AC, GTA 4, NBA 2K series.

FREE Benchmarking Tools:

GAMING

3Dmark 2013 trial version (available on Steam as well) DX9/10/11

Uningine (Valley, Heaven, Tropics, Sanctuary) DX9/10/11

Fraps Built-in benchmarking tool.

STRESS TESTING

Furmark Stability and stress test tool. No furries involved.

MSI Kombustor Part of the MSI Afterburner overclocking app. Feel free to play Danger Zone while running it.

HyperPi Used to calculate Pi and destroy your CPU.

Prime95 Another destroyer of CPUs, not to be confused with Primus95 a math-themed Primus tribute band.

CPU-M CPU and RAM benchmarking.

IntelBurnTest As recommended by @Foomy

GENERAL

SISoftware Sandra Unlike Suri, Sandra is actually useful.

NovaBench

CPUID

SSD

Atto Benchmark for all types of hard drives.

AS-SSD Benchmark tool for SSDs.

MISCELLANEOUS TOOLS

Speccy (by creators of CCleaner and Defraggler) Hardware monitoring and general information tool. Lists hardware in your PC and current settings/temps.

funny-pictures-cat-sits-in-computer.jpg

Dirtyboy on

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I'm not going to track scores, but if someone wants to create a doc to track them feel free and I will add link to it in OP. If you post results please try to run first tests on default settings so there is a baseline score. Also, I'm sure I missed some so if anyone has an other good free benchmarking tools they know about post them and I'll add to OP.

I'll list my setup and scores as example.

CPU: i5 2500k 3.3 ghz (stock speed)
    GPU: XFX HD6950 2 gig (bios flashed to 6970 stock speed)
    RAM: 8 gigs Gskill DDR3 1600
    MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
    PSU: Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750w
    HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200rpm
    SSD : Crucial M4 128 gb
    O/S: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Scores are pics but you can just do links or text.

Default settings.
    ibkQEIYNYZWQF4.png

Default "high" settings, no AA, V-synch off.
    ib0K0i53bef0gm.png

ijCrXGSORqOcZ.png

Dirtyboy on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    you should include IntelBurnTest in your stress test section,It's based off Intels LinPack math library and it's probably the most demanding thing you can do to Intel chips, and the best way to get metrics about stability.
    http://www.xgamingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?9-RELEASE-IntelBurnTest-v2-54

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I might have to have a crack at this when I get home from site. A little tinkering to optimise things, and then give it my best shot, only to get utterly annhilated by Alecthar and Day of the Bear...