As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-Pax Dinner for those arriving later

nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
Completely separate from the Pre-Pax Forum Dinner that @acumen101 does I was thinking of doing a Pre-Pax dinner later on Thursday for those of you who cannot make the Pre-Pax Dinner. This is more for those who are getting in too late for the traditional Pre-Pax dinner but still want to do something or have a community dinner the night before PAX. Assuming there is significant interest I will move forward with this so just let me know.

Restaurant: Boston Beer Works
Time: 9:30 Reservation last reservation available but coming late is fine.
Directions from South Station: Take Red Line towards Alewife to Downtown Crossing (1 stop from South Station). At Downtown Crossing transfer to Orange Line towards Oak Grove. Take Orange line to North Station (4 stops). Lets off on Causeway. Take Causeway to Canal st. It will be on Canal before Thatcher.

Note: Please bring cash in case they cannot split the check. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Individuals who have expressed intent to come:
WolfBro87
sawta
N13
Kilonum
AboutLastNight
GrimRupert
Ricin +3
randy_wrecked
The_MadHatter_
Crippl3 +1
wartjr2373
wolfsblood101
kohanai
Snowy + 2

nevermore13 on

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Color me interested. The regular dinner happens before the train crew arrives, correct? If this is true there would be a quite a few train travelers you could target.

• Options
    It does happen before the train crew arrives and those are some of the people I was keeping in mind with this idea.

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    This might be good for those people that aren't interested in the PokeCrawl, too! (Not saying that I am one of those people, though. Kekeke.)

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    WolfBro87WolfBro87 Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in a Thursday evening Pre-PAX Dinner. I'll be coming into Boston on the train, which I believe arrives at 8pm or so. So if I'm able, I will absolutely be at the dinner.

• Options
    sawtasawta VARegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how late I'll be arriving in Boston, but assuming that I'll have both purchased, and be driving a vehicle by that point, I would guess that it would be much later in the day. Is there any kind of time that everyone was interested in having this at? I'm not exactly sure what everyone's definition of a "late" dinner is. I was thinking 10 or 11PM would be pretty late, but that could be because I'm accustomed to eating around 5PM.

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i remember the pax train getting in around 9pm-ish in the past, so if that's a primary demographic here it would need to be at least 10 pm. although a really late-night event (midnight or after) could be kind of fun, and could even get some post-pokecrawl post-westin gaming folks. there's limited options on where to go super-late, but it's possible.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    I think this would be a blast!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    wolfsblood101wolfsblood101 Registered User regular
    I would be very interested in a late dinner to meet some people =)

Hotel [X] Travel [X] 3 Days of badges[X] Crew[X] ITS ON!
  • Options
    N13N13 Registered User regular
    Sounds like fun. I'm interested.

• Options
    For those of you who are still interested if you know what time you will be getting in or can give me an idea of when you think you would be able to get to a restaurant give me a time so I can start to think about options for food and what time I would want to hold this.

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Interested as the Sonic Line doesn't get in until 8pm

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I may end up arriving later than I anticipated on Thursday, so I will keep an eye on this.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Interested! My 5 friends and I will be arriving on the sonic line ... so by the time we check in 8:30 is a safe bet.

Lady Amalthea on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm also arriving on the 8pm train.

• Options
    WolfBro87WolfBro87 Registered User regular
    Yep, Sonic Line here as well, so after 8pm would be great for me.

• Options
    AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    Definitely interested. We've gone to The Whiskey Priest in the past, and it's a great place with awesome food. Little on the expensive side though, but not too bad. Just a huge bar with a ton of space.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Arriving on Sonic Line at 8pm, but if South Station is where I think it is (that big glass pyramid in front of the building a straight line away from the convention center?) then there will be time required to walk to the hotel, drop stuff off, and be ready to organize for food.

I'd say have the dinner at 9pm earliest, but 9:30 to 10pm might be better as some people may not even be staying at the Waterfront.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    RicinRicin Registered User regular
    I am interested but I may have as many as +3? How should that be handled?

• Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Whoo, sonic line! I suspect that we'll be able to hop from train to hotel to restaurant by 9-9:30. The trick is whether the sonic liners all wait for each other at the hotel, some people take longer than others to drop off stuff ;-)

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Some of us are also not at the Westin. I'm at the Renaissance, for example. :P

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    I'm on the Sonic Line, as well, getting to at 8pm. Would just need enough time to get from the train station to Hilton Boston Downtown to our restaurant of choice.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    I would definitely be interested. I'll be arriving on the Metal Gear Line, which is supposed to get in at 9:10.

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm interested. My friend and I probably aren't getting in until sometime that night, so a chance to get to a dinner without having to rush all day would be rad.

• Options
    Glad to hear all of the interest as I was not sure how this would be received. I am thinking that it may be best if I have a way to contact someone who is going to be on the Sonic line on the off chance the train is running late just so that I am aware of the situation.

• Options
    You can contact me - twitter handle @TaraNewman

• Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    I'll be on the Sonic line, too. I'm @randy_wrecked on Twitter.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    Updated the OP with a list of people who have expressed interest and I am led to believe plan to be coming. If you are no longer planning to come or are not listed and plan to come please let me know and I will add or remove your name from the list per your preference. Also, if you have other people coming with you that I did not indicate again let me know and I will adjust the OP accordingly. I have a place in mind that I know will be open late enough and should have something for everyone, but if you know any places that will be open late (probably needs to be til midnight or later) let me know and I will look at them as well.

• Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Have a rough idea of a time your shooting for?

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    My fiance and I are coming in on the Sonic line. So, maybe, depending on when/where.

• Options
    AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    Ok please excuse the slightly off topic and noob question but it's my first time to PAX and Boston and I'm really curious. What's this train everyone talks about? Why does it have those names?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ok please excuse the slightly off topic and noob question but it's my first time to PAX and Boston and I'm really curious. What's this train everyone talks about? Why does it have those names?

http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/PAX_East_Train_Alliance

• Options
    wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    I am interested in this. I'll be arriving late afternoon but don't want to have to rush to make the 5pm dinner.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I'd be interested -- I'm carpooling in and probably getting there around 9 or 10. Not sure if I'm couch-crashing at the Marriott or if I'm gonna end up in the Westin that night.

ilta on
  • Options
    TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    ^ To the above, The Driver will be ready to eat too ;) I'm in.

DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
  • Options
    Not to be a party pooper, but now that this is happening: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/171559/boardgame-of-thrones-pre-pax-boardgame-night-at-the-westin-now-with-100-more-info/p1 I was actually thinking about just eating there and getting in on some REALLY awesome gaming.

• Options
    wolfsblood101wolfsblood101 Registered User regular
    okay, I want to come up for the pre pax dinner but id need a place to sleep that one night, if anyone has floorspace id be willing to pay to use it for the night, if somebody could PM me once we figure out any concrete details on this

Hotel [X] Travel [X] 3 Days of badges[X] Crew[X] ITS ON!
  • Options
    TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    okay, I want to come up for the pre pax dinner but id need a place to sleep that one night, if anyone has floorspace id be willing to pay to use it for the night, if somebody could PM me once we figure out any concrete details on this

Check out http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/168156/room-share-east-2013-edition#latest for a room
    Cheers

DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
  • Options
    Updated the OP with the name of the restaurant which based on my experience has a good selection of good bar food as well as being reasonably priced. As far as location, they have multiple locations in Boston so I am going to research and find one near a T stop should know this week. As far as time based on what people said it appears that 10:30 should work pretty well. If that timing does not work out let me know and I will adjust it accordingly. Lady I am assuming that you are now not planning to come because of what is being organized at the Westin, if that is the case for sure let me know.

• Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ah, I will probably also renege on this (It is a happy circumstance when distress arises over two sublime yet conflicting options). Board games at the Westin call to me, as does the promise of eating as soon as I unpack.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    Yea, given timing and all, we're probably going to go gaming at the Westin or Seaport instead, and just snag food there. Sorry.