As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're talking [chat]ball

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    flippy are you poly? i thought you had a long term gf already

Cass, how many times are you going to ask this question? :-P

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I am not drinking all three of these bottles tonight!

I mean

Maybe I am

But I really, really shouldn't

Also no hair means I have to readjust my headphones

Weird

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Ellie Goulding playing Lights at all star weekend? Not sure why but I dig it

I

Dig

It

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw

Also she was really nice to look at when she got up and walked away from me to the restroom.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »

Oh the other one got caught in my drafts folder so I figured it never posted

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    A friend of mine had a novelty wine glass with a capacity (to the brim) of about 900ml.

What was weird is that in isolation it actually didn't look all that large.

is it a klein glass?

*googles*

No, it's a normally shaped wine glass, it's just abnormally large. It was bought from one of those godawful shops that were popular for a while that sold pointless trinkets and gadgets, its selling point being that it holds an entire bottle of wine.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I really like my new glasses but! I'd like them more if the blue part was instead green, so they matched my eyes.

It occurred to me that the glasses were designed in Denmark and basically everyone there has blue eyes.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    A friend of mine had a novelty wine glass with a capacity (to the brim) of about 900ml.

What was weird is that in isolation it actually didn't look all that large.

is it a klein glass?

NO, IT'S ACTUALLY QUITE LARGE

god

I set that up perfectly

philistines

fuck gendered marketing

Oh the other one got caught in my drafts folder so I figured it never posted

I even responded to the other one!
    The answer was yes

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

[/multiplehumor]

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I mean

Maybe I am

Weird

*chanting*

BALD PICS! BALD PICS! BALD PICS!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I

Dig

It

I hear she's gonna be in the dunk contest too

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i can't believe someone in the dating thread told Richy to go stalk a girl. what the hell forums

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I watched the pilot of Gummi Bears and the first few minutes of the second episode, followed by a trip to the grocery store

and my thoughts as I drove were about Cavin and the princess getting to know each other, and an episode years in the future where her dad would be deliberating over which neighboring kingdom he should send her to as a bride to strengthen relations, except everyone convinces him that she should marry Cavin instead ostensibly to form an alliance with the Gummi Bears but actually because they've been dating for ages

I think I have a problem

several, I'd say

now that's just mean

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i can't believe someone in the dating thread told Richy to go stalk a girl. what the hell forums

It's a fine line between creepy stalker and romantic hero.

And Richy is quite charming.

Allegedly a voice of reason.

I mean

Maybe I am

Weird

*chanting*

You'll get 'em, you'll get 'em! ;)

I need to pour myself a glass of wine, turn the lights down low

Get the mood right for a photo shoot, y'know?

Eddy wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I

Dig

It

I hear she's gonna be in the dunk contest too

and she can dunk?

Wow, that'll be a thing to see!

fuck gendered marketing

Some people have strange ideas that don't work out in real life like they should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TwR2SuiZDg

Some of us like to live vicariously.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    The Buillet actually isn't that much more expensive than Jack! A couple bucks more, but I wasn't expecting to get the exact same price, anyway. I'll open it in an hour or two.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I mean

Maybe I am

Weird

*chanting*

So I expect this then

costanza-couch.jpg

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok guys i'm supposed to submit my proposal for a term paper (for english 102, Writing The Research Paper). it's just gotta be a paragraph or so, explainign my topic and why i chose it (and if it's persuasive, my position).

the overall theme has to be 'media in society'

a lot of people are doing stuff like the influence of moderators on political debates, whether the media paints music as responsible for societal violence (versus how much it actually has an effect), stuff like that

i was thinking my topic would be like, how the media pursues ratings above and before the public good

but maybe that's too broad

i dunno

i am trying to whittle down an idea

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kill da waaabbit,
    Kill da waaabbit,
    Kill da waaabbit,
    Kill da wabbiiit!

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    The main character of Girls and her boyfriend (fuck buddy?) are both really bad in bed and I'm kind of embarrassed to watch this.

I mean

Maybe I am

Weird

*chanting*

So I expect this then

costanza-couch.jpg

I will do this (or a rough facsimile)

You will not be pleased that you suggested this!

ugh

I was trying to take a nap since i'd been up for like 32 hours but then I got really congested and couldn't stay asleep then my mum called and I took some sudafed and now I'm too goddamn wired to sleep but at the same time feel completely physically exhausted

it is the blurst

fuck gendered marketing
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Is Girls supposed to be like, a deconstruction of Sex in the City. I still haven't watched it yet but you guys comment a lot on how terrible the characters are.

Organichu wrote: »
    ok guys i'm supposed to submit my proposal for a term paper (for english 102, Writing The Research Paper). it's just gotta be a paragraph or so, explainign my topic and why i chose it (and if it's persuasive, my position).

a lot of people are doing stuff like the influence of moderators on political debates, whether the media paints music as responsible for societal violence (versus how much it actually has an effect), stuff like that

i was thinking my topic would be like, how the media pursues ratings above and before the public good

i dunno

Chubby White Males in TV Ads and How Their Negative Portrayal Influences Public Perceptions

i dunno

That's a great topic, media ethics. You could talk about any number of things, especially when it comes to news. Like how after the Sandy Hook tragedy all the news teams came in and tried to interview the little 5-6 year-old survivors about how scared they were. Not ok. Not ok at all.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Nap? Sounds like a good idea...

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Is Girls supposed to be like, a deconstruction of Sex in the City. I still haven't watched it yet but you guys comment a lot on how terrible the characters are.

you could sort of say that but that's not how I'd describe it. They're younger... I mean it's 4 women as the main characters so certainly the comparisons are there. in nyc obv.

it's a much better show though! check it out if you can, I bet you'll laugh

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    The detrimental effects of the pressure to fill a 24 hour news cycle would be a great topic

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

i dunno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

Or the toxic impact of the false conception of 'balance' == presenting both sides as equals

They're good characters, they're just flawed and often make terrible life decisions. The Sex and the City comparison keeps coming up, but I wouldn't call it a "deconstruction" at all. The characters are nothing alike and the show is much more realistic in terms of what girls that age are up to. Sex and the City glamorized New York, fashion, the club scene, basically everything. Girls is darker.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Variable wrote: »

you could sort of say that but that's not how I'd describe it. They're younger... I mean it's 4 women as the main characters so certainly the comparisons are there. in nyc obv.

it's a much better show though! check it out if you can, I bet you'll laugh

You'll definitely laugh.

And yeah Sarksus, it's not the "Anti-Sex in the City" - occasionally it has some Sex in the City elements, truth be told. And it's not that they're "terrible" people - they're just very flawed people. It makes for a very enjoyable show.

emnmnme wrote: »

i dunno

Chubby White Males in TV Ads and How Their Negative Portrayal Influences Public Perceptions

Chubby White Males, truly the most put-upon group in society

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    As a chubby white male, my life is so hard.

Senjutsu wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

i dunno

Chubby White Males, truly the most put-upon group in society

Chubby White Males and Their Hot, Supermodel Girlfriends.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
This discussion has been closed.