As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fire Emblem Fates: Shipping Spreadsheet Edition

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    7) The DLC/Spotpass "Legacy" characters have no supports at all: they're just spirits or some thin excuse. You cannot hook up with Lyn or hit on Hector.

There is one case in which this is not true: "Bonus Map" Spotpass DLC characters can support with you.

The first one,
    Gangrel? Evil kind of Plega?

He can be the father of your son

This will continue to be true for another three or four characters, each of whom is great from what I can tell

dN0T6ur.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Gaius is the best

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Uggh I wanna spot pass but nooo nobody I know has a 3ds!

at my community college everyone is always passing spots

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wyborn wrote: »
    7) The DLC/Spotpass "Legacy" characters have no supports at all: they're just spirits or some thin excuse. You cannot hook up with Lyn or hit on Hector.

There is one case in which this is not true: "Bonus Map" Spotpass DLC characters can support with you.

The first one,
    Gangrel? Evil kind of Plega?

He can be the father of your son
    This will continue to be true for another three or four characters, each of whom is great from what I can tell
    That is not a legacy character.

YL9WnCY.png
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    I spotpassed with a girl on the transit and her team has so many nice items and evenly leveled characters. I think that's a result of being on Hard mode though. Everyone else has wildly varying leveled parties...right?

4484-7718-8470
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well...you want to try and distribute xp evenly to your party so that no one is a burden usually.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This is a spoiler in case anyone cares about party size
    The largest number of units you'll field is 15, and that's the very last chapter.

YL9WnCY.png
    Also Gregor is best character

Also several more best characters

This game has a hell of a cast

dN0T6ur.png
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    The Vaike's #1, why would you level anyone else

4484-7718-8470
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    oh my god how did I miss this thread

I have been playing this game for in excess of 100 hours now because I absolutely love fire emblem and this is probably my favorite one to date

wound up crafting a team of 4 sorcerers, 4 sages, a dancer and a rally user just so I could throw Mire spells around and oneshot people

if someone gets within 2 spaces of my team I have done something wrong

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »

well, uh, fuck. Is the 3ds region locked?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    The Betman wrote: »

well, uh, fuck. Is the 3ds region locked?

yes it is, unfortunately

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    just, fucking... goddammit NoA.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i started a new game, Hard/Classic

now i gotta start thinking about pairs

i know i'm gonna do Chrom x Sumia and i'll probably do Stahl x Sully again... might do Virion x Panne again, too

but otherwise i'm stuuumped

no idea what to do with Frederick this time, or Lissa

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So Lon'Qu just got Vantage and holy fuck lon'qu

6F32U1X.png
    edited February 2013
    Current pairings as of Chapter 14

Chrom/Sumia
    Maribelle/Virion
    Lissa/Gregor
    Nowi/Lon'qu
    Ricken/Tharja
    Vaike/Miriel
    Stahl/Cordelia
    Panne/Donnel
    Kellam/Sully

The only characters I don't have paired right now are Avatar, Anna, Chechere, Olivia, Lucina, Gaius and henry

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The largest number of units you'll field is 15, and that's the very last chapter.

What's the max prior to that point in the game? I'm only up to Chapter 6 right now, been grinding Risen to try and get Donnel up to speed.

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    This might actually get me to buy a 3ds. Love the fire emblem series. And thank god you can turn off perma-death in this one, because fuck endless reloading.

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    For as little as $Texas, you could bring TASK COMPLETION STATUS to a droid in need.
    http://solidsaints.com/pools

What's the max prior to that point in the game? I'm only up to Chapter 6 right now, been grinding Risen to try and get Donnel up to speed.

Varies. Anywhere between 6 and 12 depending on what chapter you're in. It's not a linear progression, but the game always gives you a couple of units you can use to finish filling out your ranks if you need them, even right at the end.

Definitely keep raising Donnel, though, he's a monster. You odn't need to worry about switching him to Mercenary until he's about level 20 or higher. He'll max out most of the important stats except Res

dN0T6ur.png
    I swapped my Donnel out at 20 when he capped speed at 19, since I figured he needed more avoid (I try to get as much avoid as I can on people)

he proceeded to cap out basically all his other stats by level 10 mercenary and so I promoted him immediately to hero

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Yeah, once your character has hit 2-3 caps you're probably going to want to promote regardless of level, assuming you still can.

How do you know when a character has hit a cap?

6F32U1X.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So, obviously I'm gonna have to get this game, but first I have to ask, is an XL worth it?

I don't feel like it is but I want to be sure.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Mr. G wrote: »

The stat will turn green.

dN0T6ur.png
    SLyM wrote: »
    So, obviously I'm gonna have to get this game, but first I have to ask, is an XL worth it?

I don't feel like it is but I want to be sure.

Unless you're actually using the 3DS as a portable system that you'll want to keep in your pocket, the XL is pretty much better than the regular 3DS in every way

6F32U1X.png
    yeah I drag mine around everywhere in my pocket so I prefer the original

but if you're only ever using it at home or something I could see the XL being preferable

a1o1MZu.jpg

the exception to this is health, which does not change at all

hp will cap at 60 first class and 80 second class/special class for all characters I believe

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    drp527 wrote: »

the exception to this is health, which does not change at all

hp will cap at 60 first class and 80 second class/special class for all characters I believe

Also, you can use this page to figure out what each character's max stats in a class are.

IKknkhU.gif
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I still hold that the XL looks a bit odd in the screen area because of stretching stuff out

but I might just be crazy/have not seen it enough/want to not be sad that I have a regular 3DS because I ent upgrading to an XL when I barely play the thing as it is

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    So can you only get more weapons by buying more of them?

I'm not sure why I would forge a weapon that is gonna disappear any second now

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited February 2013
    forging weapons really isn't worth it unless you have someone running around with Armsthrift (level 1 mercenary ability) and high luck (if you can hit 50 luck, either through leveling up (only a couple people get this high) or pairing up or stacking stat boosting abilities, your weapons on that character will never degrade again)

you can get more weapons by buying them or by enemies dropping them, though when I play these games for 90% of them I will use nothing above the lowest level weaponry because it has the most uses and also is super cheap to replace

edit: also, when you can train someone to be good enough in staves to use it and also find one, Hammernes are a one-use staff that restore all uses to someone's weapon

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    i took the time to level up Donnel on this playthrough and holy shit, kid is a monster

i reclassed him to Mercenary at 10 and he is just murdering stuff

edited February 2013
    i was originally gonna marry him to Sully but screw that, stats like these are a waste on
    Kjelle

interrobang on
    Donnel's ability that gives him +20% to all stat growths makes him absolutely incredible

I just wish he had better abilities to choose from (though Armsthrift and Sol are still amazing)

a1o1MZu.jpg
    i took the time to level up Donnel on this playthrough and holy shit, kid is a monster

You think reclassing him at 10 is good?

Imagine reclassing him after 15 when he learns the skill Underdog, which means he gets +15 to Hit AND Avoid if he's a lower level than the enemy

6F32U1X.png

Imagine reclassing him after 15 when he learns the skill Underdog, which means he gets +15 to Hit AND Avoid if he's a lower level than the enemy
    yes yes yes

i wanted to get him to Hero super quick but yeah, i might wait next time and get him Underdog

promoted classes are weird (they count as level+20 for all level-related calculations afaik) but even still, hella good

Regardless, Donnel is the guy who most benefits from extra levels for the stat gains

He has the most health, strength, speed, skill, and defense of any of my units WITHOUT even pairing up

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.