As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The PAX East 2013 International Food Exchange (How do you like your coffee?)

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Can anyone tell me if these Hawaiian Chips are available on the East Coast or other continents? Becuase they're crazy good and I'll bring some if they're unusual enough to qualify.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    Can anyone tell me if these Hawaiian Chips are available on the East Coast or other continents? Becuase they're crazy good and I'll bring some if they're unusual enough to qualify.

i'll check my store tomorrow, if we have them they may be in the helth food section for some odd reason but if they aren't i know we dont have them

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl As someone from the south, PLEASE BRING THEM. I have never seen such things and they look fantastic. How's the mango habanero?

@sillyzombie666 I found your Dynamitas. Bought you one of each bag!

i still have aba zabbaas so i've been saving like 6 for you guyss

• TechGamingNewsTechGamingNews CEO Cape May, NJ.Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    I am looking for somebody from Hawaii willing to bring me a couple bottles of amazing pineapple distilled vodka!!

Please PM!

I would be interested in this myself :) PLEASE PM AS WELL!

DALTON DOOLY | CEO | T&G News
    http://techandgamingnews.com
    --
    [x]Media Pass [x] Hotel [x] Rental

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
    I would also sell my first born for some GOOD REAL mead!! any takers!?!?! PM Please

--

I am not an exhibitor I am press I am not trying to step on toes, I am attending some Community functions to meet new people and have a good time.
    I also Love Peanut butter candy, so anything that is not available in the US I would love to try sweets from around the world let me know if I can get you anything :) I am in New Jersey so let me know what you would like.

--

kropotkin wrote: »
    One PAX Prime I bought a packet of Penguins. They are essentially chocolate covered Bournbons. If anyone's interested in them, I can bring some :)
    Yes Please I would like to try them :)

--

My normal request of Cheerwine will be self fulfilled by driving to PAX this year.

I will bring a random assortment of Chinese, Korean and Japanese snacks to share freely. Some may be flavor booby trapped. I claim no responsibility for durian deaths.

If you have something specific to request from China, let me know. Or from Florida. I think we are at out liquor limit for customs but I can chrck closer to go time.

If you are looking for a regional US goodie to request, check out the link.

http://www.zagat.com/buzz/12-best-regional-snack-foods

I would love some "Sweet Water: 420" its a beer in the south or any type of sweet water :)

--

I also Love Peanut butter candy, so anything that is not available in the US I would love to try sweets from around the world let me know if I can get you anything :) I am in New Jersey so let me know what you would like.

my abba zabbas are taffy with peanut butter in them and they are hard to find in the us but as usa made

my abba zabbas are taffy with peanut butter in them and they are hard to find in the us but as usa made

Sounds good :)

--

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I would also sell my first born for some GOOD REAL mead!! any takers!?!?! PM Please

There's a meadery in NH that's really awesome, and I'd be willing to bring you a bottle or two! Moonlight Meadery's mead list!

Man I'm going to be bringing a lot of booze! :P

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
    any news

• cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    There's a meadery in NH that's really awesome, and I'd be willing to bring you a bottle or two! Moonlight Meadery's mead list!

I second this meadery, it's quite good and the tour/tasting was great!!

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    Or Japanese Sake. But I guess my price limit on that is $30 USD.
    It is impossible to find any Sake of any kind in Idaho :(

Im not sure why, as I thought it was banned, but I may be able to bring some Four Loko(12% caffeinated malt) Ill have to check up on how to get it from Idaho to Boston(unless someone can let me know how via PM)

What kind of Sake are you looking for? You can pm me details, and I'll see what I can get for you.

Four Loko changed their formula, so that's why it is still being sold in stores.

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    So I won't be going through Florida or the southern states pre-East. I'mma have to put in a request for Cheerwine now :) Also, sorry @gigabrain and @TechGamingNews - no Cheerwine or Sweet Water.

Requests update
    - @sillyzombie666 - baijiu (DONE!)
    - @lexicongrrl - Kinder Bueno (DONE!)
    - @neurallink- matcha liqueur if I can find it and if under customs liquor limit ;) - still can't track this down anywhere
    - @gigabrain - 2L Cheerwine
    - @punzie - Kitkats (DONE!), Japancakes if I can find them again - can't find these, you may be luckier that way
    - @Decius - Kitkats (DONE!)
    - @Ironysparkles - Kitkats (DONE!)
    - @treeza - Kitkats (DONE!)
    - @tisanian - On the lookout for taro items (DONE!)
    - @TechGamingNews - White Rabbit candy and the peanut-sesame-nougat candy (DONE!) cheesecake KitKats - still looking

I have so much random candy for you guys. I have a suitcase right now of random goodies. I'm avoiding the weird chip flavors just because they get crushed so easily, but I can likely swing a few bags just so everybody can go "Well. Yep. That /is/ a blueberry flavored chip."

So I won't be going through Florida or the southern states pre-East. I'mma have to put in a request for Cheerwine now :) Also, sorry @gigabrain and @TechGamingNews - no Cheerwine or Sweet Water.

Requests update
    - @sillyzombie666 - baijiu (DONE!)
    - @lexicongrrl - Kinder Bueno (DONE!)
    - @neurallink- matcha liqueur if I can find it and if under customs liquor limit ;) - still can't track this down anywhere
    - @gigabrain - 2L Cheerwine
    - @punzie - Kitkats (DONE!), Japancakes if I can find them again - can't find these, you may be luckier that way
    - @Decius - Kitkats (DONE!)
    - @Ironysparkles - Kitkats (DONE!)
    - @treeza - Kitkats (DONE!)
    - @tisanian - On the lookout for taro items (DONE!)
    - @TechGamingNews - White Rabbit candy and the peanut-sesame-nougat candy (DONE!) cheesecake KitKats - still looking

I have so much random candy for you guys. I have a suitcase right now of random goodies. I'm avoiding the weird chip flavors just because they get crushed so easily, but I can likely swing a few bags just so everybody can go "Well. Yep. That /is/ a blueberry flavored chip."

my plans have changed as well I will be hitting NC tomorrow and FL 2nd-8th if you want anything LET ME KNOW, I WILL BE GETTING SOME CHEERWINE if you want some please let me know ASAP!!!

--

• Amoeba Amoeba Registered User regular
    Hmm, I can make mini Conchas (Mexican Pan Dulce/sweet bread). They're yummy, sweet, and colorful! But I'm flying in from Texas, so transporting them in my suitcase would pose a challenge...

@techgamingnews, i want some cheer wine (thats the cherry soda cola right) if so let me know my brother goes nuts for that stuff.

i still need to do my rounds buying chocolate sodas and weird crap i find in my store

@techgamingnews, i want some cheer wine (thats the cherry soda cola right) if so let me know my brother goes nuts for that stuff.

i still need to do my rounds buying chocolate sodas and weird crap i find in my store

Done! how much?

--

I will be in North Carolina today till tomorrow morning, Florida 2nd-8th then Ohio the 8th-16th if you want anything let me know ASAP. PM or Dooly.Dalton [at] Gmail [dot] com

--

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    If anyone's going through or coming from Korea, I'd love a box of Damtuh Ginger Tea Plus. If there's anyone from Japan, I would probably cry if you brought me a bottle of Fruits Party Fanta. I don't even know if they still make it.

I can bring anything that can be acquired in Ohio, including some awesome beers from Great Lakes Brewing. They make the best American beers. Yes, I am a biased Clevelander.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Albedo12Albedo12 Woking, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I'm coming from England, and am planning on bringing the following:

Chunky Kit Kats. They're trialling 4 new flavours right now - Mint, Hazelnut, Coconut, and Chocolate Fudge, all of which are goooooood. I'll also chuck in some Peanut Butter ones which I personally loathe, but are apparently really popular.

Dutch Stroop Waffles since I believe they are not readily available stateside, and they are delicious.

HobNob biscuits have proved popular when I've been to the US before - again, really tasty.

I'm happy to bring any UK chocolate or biscuits that people want, but no cans or jars, esp. Marmite. Marmite has a reputation for its supposed ability to mask the odour of certain herbal substances.

What I'm interested in - unusual Japanese Kit Kat flavours & Girl Scout Thin Mints. I've not tasted either, so it's more curiosity than anything else.

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    aikoe wrote: »
    If anyone's going through or coming from Korea, I'd love a box of Damtuh Ginger Tea Plus. If there's anyone from Japan, I would probably cry if you brought me a bottle of Fruits Party Fanta. I don't even know if they still make it.

I can bring anything that can be acquired in Ohio, including some awesome beers from Great Lakes Brewing. They make the best American beers. Yes, I am a biased Clevelander.

The boyfriend loves trying new beers! He requests "Commodore Perry IPA, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, and Nosferatu if it's in season!" Just let me know if there's anything you'd like from NH (I'm bringing maple candies and whiskey for some others!), or how much the beers are!

UyhWici.png
  • treezatreeza Registered User regular
    @chaosisorder - I am so excited about this!!! Is there anything you want from Toronto? Or random things in general that bring you happiness?

@aikoe - If I see this at the Korean grocery stores here, I can pick up a box for you! Otherwise, it's also available here.

@treeza - Thanks for checking! I know you can buy it online in a few places, but unfortunately shipping for a single box is always at least $25. Please let me know if you find it, and cost.

@ironysparkles - Nosferatu's out of season right now. I think Conway's Irish Ale is still around? I bought some a couple weeks ago but it might've gone out of rotation already, though I don't know why they'd take it out right before St. Patrick's. I can look into it if he's interested. I know I can get Commodore Perry and Edmund Fitzgerald, though. Off the top of my head, Great Lakes pricing is something like (# of beers purchased) + ($3-5). I can get you a more exact price when I go shopping tomorrow. I might also luck out and encounter one of their 12-pack taster packs, which usually have 3-5 different types of beer and are awesome. I'm not sure how I'd get a 12-pack on the train, but damn if I won't try.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    ok im either going to do my shopping tomorrow , or after work monday or just during the week. i need to pck up random new England things, the 3 bottles of chocolate soda, and did any one want me to make the drunken gummy bears (basically turns a gummy bear into a jello shot) i would put them in lil jars

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So it looks like I'll be bringing trays of Peanut Butter Bar and Apple Crumb something (both are Sysco products my company makes for them).

These will just be up for grabs, so hopefully there will be forks/plates and whatnot available.

So it looks like I'll be bringing trays of Peanut Butter Bar and Apple Crumb something (both are Sysco products my company makes for them).

These will just be up for grabs, so hopefully there will be forks/plates and whatnot available.
    only if you raid one of the stands / take out places , but i think most wont be able to spare any thing.

im looking for small cups or something so people can try some of the drinks i bring, i dont want any one sharing a glass

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    @amoeba, that sounds tasty! Texas has got some cool stuff! I love picking up local snack foods when I'm on road trips there!

@albedo12, you are a scholar and a gentleperson. I will look for some Thin Mints for you! I think they're sort of over hyped and there's plenty of generic equivalents. How do you feel about peanut butter?

I'm going to TRY to bring some plates/napkins/utensils, but if anyone is staying at the Westin (so they don't have to worry about cramming their bag full of food and flatware in transmit) and could provide, that would be great!

For @ironysparkles and anyone else who might be interested in Great Lakes beers: I can bring about 24 beers in my suitcase. 12-pack taster boxes are currently on sale for $15 and include three bottles each of Dortmunder Gold, Eliot Ness, Burning River, and Edmund Fitzgerald. 6-packs of any of their standard beers are $9, including Conway's Irish Ale, which is still in season. I can also get 4-packs of Alchemy Hour for $10. I will also swap for whatever delicious goodies anyone happens to have on hand. If there ends up being an actual swap meet, I might pass out some alcohol "for charity." Of course, I will card. I don't want to get arrested at PAX.

ironysparkles, let me know which beer your boyfriend wants and I'll snag 'em next weekend!

ok got my piles of diabetes ready

313413_10200115126533406_1118051819_n.jpg

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    vicechan wrote: »
    @amoeba, that sounds tasty! Texas has got some cool stuff! I love picking up local snack foods when I'm on road trips there!

@albedo12, you are a scholar and a gentleperson. I will look for some Thin Mints for you! I think they're sort of over hyped and there's plenty of generic equivalents. How do you feel about peanut butter?

I'm going to TRY to bring some plates/napkins/utensils, but if anyone is staying at the Westin (so they don't have to worry about cramming their bag full of food and flatware in transmit) and could provide, that would be great!

WHOA GUYS. whoa. if there is interest in any kind of girl scout cookies, i happen to be a girl scout troop leader and i can totally make that happen. place your orders now folks, this year's cookie sale ends in just over a week!

EDIT: clearly, even the geth are staunch supporters of the girl scouts.

EDIT part 2: just to clarify, by "place your orders" i do not mean literally as in i will accept money. rather, i mean if you are interested in any particular girl scout cookies let me know and i will bring some to freely share and enjoy. we also have a special new cookie this year, mango cremes!

EDIT part 3: if you live in a part of the US in which girl scouts are selling dulce de leche cookies i will GO CRAZY if you can find some and bring them to me.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    vicechan wrote: »

WHOA GUYS. whoa. if there is interest in any kind of girl scout cookies, i happen to be a girl scout troop leader and i can totally make that happen. place your orders now folks, this year's cookie sale ends in just over a week!

EDIT: clearly, even the geth are staunch supporters of the girl scouts.

EDIT part 2: just to clarify, by "place your orders" i do not mean literally as in i will accept money. rather, i mean if you are interested in any particular girl scout cookies let me know and i will bring some to freely share and enjoy. we also have a special new cookie this year, mango cremes!

EDIT part 3: if you live in a part of the US in which girl scouts are selling dulce de leche cookies i will GO CRAZY if you can find some and bring them to me.
    Dulce de Leche are only being sold in certain parts of the country this year? Been out of the loop a bit on the girl scout cookie front as the manager in my department who used to bring his girls' order sheet in didn't this year (dunno if they both dropped out or something.) I am interested in these Mango Cremes though...

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    @tvethiopia someone in Seattle told me she was looking for a certain kind of lemon Girl Scout cookie but they are only on the east coast? I told her I'd check when I'm back home but you can probably hook us up better. I'll try to get more info on what it is she wants.

HI3789R.png
    edited March 2013
    she must mean lemonades, i can definitely get a hold of those. also. as far as i know dulce de leche cookies have never been sold around here (i'm in the boston area), but i've only been troop leading for two years so i could be wrong. i'll try to put together a girl scout cookie sampler with some of everything i can get.

tvethiopia on
    7YIpfE5.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I saw a group of scouts yesterday in downtown seattle carrying boxes of cookies, and one had a box of lemonades. Maybe it's troop specific?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    this getting a bit off topic, but yes, i believe lemonades are country-wide, but they are a less popular cookie so booth sales may not stock very many of them. other cookies, like mango cremes and dulce de leche, seem to be regional.

7YIpfE5.png
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    It is lemonades she wants. She will gladly pay for 5 boxes.

HI3789R.png
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I look forward to sampling some of the Girl Scout cookies. The Girl Guides of Canada sell cookies also, be they only have Thin Mints and Vanilla. I mean I like those, but you guys have so much variety.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
This discussion has been closed.