As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] A Cespedes for the rest of us.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Honestly, I haven't even started thinking about trades.

I could use a first baseman since I'm most likely sending Gonzalez back into the pool, but then again I could always keep Ortiz to play first for a pretty good value on where I picked him up last year.

There's like nine other dudes ahead of him though that I want to keep more so maybe a good first baseman falls to me in the draft...

Basically I want March to get here soon so I can just do this and make up my damn mind.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I went through everybody's teams and pick which players I'd at least strongly consider keeping. The lowest I got was 6 for a couple teams and the highest was 14. The average was probably around 9, so I'd say 9 was a damn fine choice for number of keepers.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Its cuz I'm super smart

Value aside, there's probably 11 or 12 id want keep but may only keep 8

Thinking hard on the andrus/jennings/gonzalez trinity

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm definitely struggling to only keep 9. I'm dropping some players I'd like to keep.

I really want to keep Craig but I don't think he's going to make the cut. Depends on his ADP.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    So I'll be looking at this long and hard this week. When it comes to trades, are we allowed to trade draft picks as well?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Crap, no access to the spreadsheet!

Can someone enter for the tradeblock: Rollins, Morse, Gordon, Latos

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Might keep Colvin and maybe Cuddyer as well

looks like I'll looking at pitchers all draft at this rate

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So I'll be looking at this long and hard this week. When it comes to trades, are we allowed to trade draft picks as well?

I think we said no draft picks.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Ok, just wanted to be sure before I started wheeling and dealing.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    what was the reasoning behind no draft pick trades? they're usually pretty key in long term keeper leagues.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Hey, we're still looking for a few more players in the D&D slow draft league, or at least one more. We need to get the draft started soon, so if we can at least one more we should be ok. Three more would be great because we usually have 14 teams, but we absolutely need at least 12. PM @deadonthestreet if you are interested. Thanks.

Schide on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    alright, fuck it.

@Jasconius

Adjusted Keepers

Matt Kemp - 1
    Jered Weaver - 2
    David Price - 4
    Josh Hamilton - 5
    Jose Altuve - 9
    Jason Kipnis - 11
    Edwin Encarnacion - 13
    Joe Nathan - 14
    Kyle Seager - 16

On the block are Goldschmidt (5), Altuve (9), Dunn (15).

• Options
    Because we do everything outside of yahoos system there is no pick trading because I don't have the time to sufficiently track and police it

Even though people help maintain the sheet ultimately I double check and verify almost every record we keep and that's one less record to keep

Demand has been relatively low

In the future I may expand the meta game but my life is stupidly busy these last few months and I haven't had the time to give it the thought it deserves

• Options
    the draft needs to start yesterday.

all i'm doing recently is ready baseball articles.

• Options
    I was half tempted to post my keeper list out of boredom but I'll hold off until the 1st.

I'm also starting to get very nervous about in season hgh testing. I figure half my keepers are going to show up on a list somewhere between now and the end of spring training.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla

Unidentified Aerial Target has been detected and destroyed. Moving to recover debris at crash site.

• Options
    Yahoo ADP will be snapshotted on February 27th.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Is there a way to view our rosters from last year? Frankly I have totally forgotten who, if anyone of value, was left. My team was god awful.

• Options
  • Options
    I think I'm doing this right:

Jose Bautista (1)
    Clayton Kershaw (2)
    Andrew McCutchen (3)
    Jay Bruce (5)
    Jason Heyward (8+1 --> 7)
    Jonathan Papelbon (9+1 --> 8)

Ian Desmond TBD
    Starling Marte TBD
    Rafael Soraino TBD

Well this is what I want to keep ... for the time being.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Okay - my keepers

C Matt Wieters (2)
    3B Adrian Beltre (4)

SP Stephen Strasburg (3)
    RP Jim Johnson (11)

So that means I still keep my first overall pick right?

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes, but you have to figure most people are keeping their #1 pick so the pickings for a #1 will probably be slim.

• Options
    Yes, but you have to figure most people are keeping their #1 pick so the pickings for a #1 will probably be slim.

I have a minute to decide. But the guys I want are still around thus far.

My keep would be Longoria for round one, he will be there at least so I don't have to "keep" him. If my other guy isn't there then I can just pick him.

• Options
    Four teams have not signaled any keepers yet. Nobody is required to at this point but I am mentioning their names here just to make sure they remember/get a notification

@Nirya
    @Butters
    @Schide
    @Maximum

• Options
    Yeah, I know. I'm waiting until the 27th when the ADP is set so I don't need to change things up.

• Options
    I'm attempting to make at least one trade before I definitively pick my keepers.

• Options
    Looking at my tiny list of keepers makes me realize how pathetic my team ended up being last year. Gotta re-tool.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Man everybody keeping their 1st round pick is seriously fucking with who I am going to pick.

• Options
    Ah HA!

Take that Goose for trying to game the system.

That and I would have done the same thing but I'm praying for a bounce-back from Bautista.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Gaming what? I wasn't trying to suck

• Options
    So this was the first year since Arbitration began that not a single player had to go to a hearing. Every player who filed for arbitration reached an agreement.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

The first round of our draft is going to be really weird.

I'm trying to go through the list and see who might be available and it's looking pretty ghastly.

Upton, Longoria, Tulo, Halladay, Kinsler?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    thanks in no small part to one specific team having basically three first rounders on the cheap

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Spending some of this afternoon draft planning. Time to find some sleepers.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    thanks in no small part to one specific team having basically three first rounders on the cheap

Braun had better be suspended this year. Pujols too, just because.

• Options
    Once keepers are locked on March 4th, it will probably take a day or two for me to get everything as it should be in the sheet.

So expect the draft to formally start on March 6thish

• Options
    Hell with waiting, I'll blow my load early...

Robinson Cano – 2
    Giancarlo Stanton – 3
    Matt Cain – 4
    Craig Kimbrel – 5
    Chase Headley – 6
    Jordan Zimmermann – 10
    Yadier Molina – 11
    Carlos Gomez - 12
    Yoenis Cespedes - 18

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i like baseball go cards woo woo swag

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Heh, some Cubs fans are losing their shit because the Cubs traded Tony Campana to the Diamondbacks for a couple pitchers. I mean, the dude is fast, but he can't hit for shit and likely wouldn't even have a place at their AAA club, soooooo

mostly I'm just surprised they got anything for him in a trade

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Twas a joke reaaaalllllly early in the morning.

Even I don't know what I meant now lol.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.