As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLB fantasy slowdraft 2013 Draft is complete

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh, is Zombie Hero Swarms of Things and not zeeny? I had to guess on some of those team owners so if any of them are wrong please let me know.

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    So are we just going to do highest ADP for the empty team so that way we can keep this going?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I think I joined the league, it's not my pick yet is it?

No, you're 7th. I guess @fortis has the next pick.

• LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    I wonder if dots is going to get Braun again in a spot where he totally has no right doing so.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    someone's going to get Braun a little later than normal and feel awesome about it

then he's going to get suspended for 50 games

it's the only way this can go

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    and it'll probably be me, with my luck

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Fuck it. Ryan Braun
    steroids7.jpg.scaled500.jpg
    @deadonthestreet is up.

Well that was unexpected.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    i am so angry right now fortis
    Matt Kemp

@Junior Yank

deadonthestreet on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Last year i think we had to do the last few rounds in google chat or something. So we should keep a quick pace so that isn't a necessity this year.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    This is just as slow as I remember

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Last year i think we had to do the last few rounds in google chat or something. So we should keep a quick pace so that isn't a necessity this year.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It wasn't too bad, just kind of sucked for the people who couldn't make it. Hopefully we won't have to do that again, but we're not really off to the best start here.

Yup, already blows.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    by the way, whoever runs the auction league, got any idea when we'll draft?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Um, doesn't @Junior Yank have approximately 15 minutes before we do whatever we do with someone who doesn't make their pick within 24 hours?

Schide on
    it says Junior Yank hasn't been active since Jan. 18th

maybe we should find someone else?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Hahaha, well this has start has been epically bad.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Yeah we dp whatever we do with his pick and move on. From what I remember whenever anyone missed a pick before we just left it blank until they came in and made it and we just went to the next owner, who would be @Cauld in this case. We can figure out if Junior Yank needs to be replaced but we need to get the draft moving.

• LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Well, even I was caught off guard and didn't see the thread until someone @'d me. It does seem like Yank hasn't been around, but if he accepted the email invitation he's at least aware. I'll try emailing him through Yahoo's thingamajig. We still need another team and I don't love the idea of autopicking for someone who hasn't joined, especially in a slowdraft league. Up to dots, of course, but there's a pretty good chance we'd have uninterested owners if that were to start happening a lot right at the beginning.

• Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, I'll be more vigilant from now on.

Local Sports Team takes Andrew McCutchen

@Cauld

Word

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    Carlos Gonzalez, I suppose. Pictures to be added this evening. @plushycthulhu I think.

He hasn't been on in 2 weeks either. Can someone email him through the league too?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    He hasn't been on in 2 weeks either. Can someone email him through the league too?
    Done!

• PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    Man, the 2009 all-stars didn't work last year, but I can't help myself.

(1B) Albert Pujols

Albert_Pujols.jpg

@Scruple

Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    It's @TheScruple, but considering how fast I'm refreshing the thread, it shouldn't matter.

Joey Votto seems confused.

081112-joey-votto.jpg

@Mr_Hibbert you're up.

PM'ed Hibbert since the @ didn't work.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
    edited February 2013
    To get the @ to work with names with spaces in them you have to put quotes around the name "Mr. Hibbert". Then just add the @ and you're gold. @Mr. Hibbert

Schide on
  • TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    Cool, I knew about the underscore trick, didn't know about the quotes. Thanks!

All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Mr. HibbertMr. Hibbert Registered User regular
    Now cracks a noble bat. Good-night sweet Prince Fielder;
    And flights of angels sing thee to thy donut shoppe.

prince-fielder-donuts.jpg

@Pizzle Stixx

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh goodness, faster people! So I can take two picks and then waaaaiiit and complain some more. :)

I'm always nervous that someone is going to take my picks too, and I have two just lined up and ready to go and I'd be so sad if someone took either.

Mostly, I just want to bump the thread to remind @PizzleStixx to make a selection. Looks like a space got put in the last mention so, fixed!

Looks like, Buster Posey!

12busterposey1.jpg

He is tipping his cap in excitement!

Onto @Schide

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Damnit, I shouldn't have said anything.

Mike Stanton

What? He changed his name? When? Before last year?

Ok fine, Giancarlo Stanton.

T6LdIoW.jpg

@Y2Jake215

16-troy-tulowitzki-sports-mullets.jpg

"Don't forget about me this year" - Troy Tulowitzki

@davidsdurions

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I didn't. I was choosing between him and Stanton and it pretty much came down to injury risk and replacement level.

edited February 2013
    Yep, I would've taken Stanton were he here. Don't really like this pick but I'm tired of starting seasons with Zack Cozarts at SS because I waited too long

also pretend I said "Don't you, forget about me"

e29H5bP.jpg

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    And with the final pick in the first round, I pick speed! Justin Upton

justin-upton-180x120.jpg

Next up, @me!

And to follow that up, I'll start the second round with a Cy Young, you heard it here first. Justin Verlander

15-qea.jpg

Just so you all know, I HAD wanted Tulo and Posey, but whatever!!! My Tulo picture was going to be awesome too, perhaps I'll share later.

Up next @y2jake215

I want the Disabled List All-Stars of 2012

http://mankindunplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ESPN-Body-Issue-Cover-2012-jose-bautista-Cover.jpg

EVEN THOUGH THIS WAS SAFE ENOUGH FOR THE COVER OF ESPN MAGAZINE I WILL LINK IT

Jose Bautista and hopefully his sign-stealer out in the center field bleachers

@Schide

C8Ft8GE.jpg