As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2013 Costume Thread

arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR CommanderRegistered User regular
edited September 2013 in PAX West
Welcome to the PAX Prime 2013 costume thread!

What is everyone planning on doing for their costumes for 2013?
Any big ideas or even just concepts of what you might want to do?
Games or other things coming out or are already out that you might want to base a costume off of?
Got any questions about how to make something or need opinions and advice?
Want to show off your work and post pics?
Find more members for your costume group or talk about a costume contest?

You have found the right place, now post to your hearts content!
Can't wait to see everyone's awesome work this year!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
385619_4094805042205_987774834_n.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please keep in mind this post will be updated as often as possible to provide current information.

FAQS:
Are there really that many people that cosplay for PAX?
There are enough of us that you are reading this thread!

I'm not sure if I want to dress up, what do you think?
Dressing up is a personal choice. No one will judge you either way.

Does my costume have to be video game related?
Not at all! There are a wide variety of costumes from all themes in geek culture from Doctor Who to Power Rangers, anime to video games! If you want to wear a costume then do it!

I am a beginner at costume making, any advice?
Many people will have many different things to say about this. At the heart of it all is to stick to your comfort zone. Never sewn a thing in your life? Don't make a full Princess Peach gown. Start out with something simple enough that you can make it, and make it well enough for YOU to be proud of. Don't get intimidated by others. Many people who do the large scale things have been at this a while. Also, nothing wrong with taking some pieces from your own wardrobe or the store and using them.

I have a cool prop weapon, can I bring it!? (this is the biggest one of all so please read on carefully!)
Please refer to these rules first and use common sense. If you ABSOLUTELY cannot find the answer to your question then please direct questions in a message to AaronC who is the security manager of PAX.
Do not flood him with questions if your answer can be found here!!!

PAX ATTENDEE COSTUME WEAPON POLICY
The official policy is as follows:

A COSTUME WEAPON IS *NOT* PERMITTED AT PAX IF:

- It fires or can fire any sort of projectile. {Nerf guns are only allowed if they have been deactivated and can not fire)

- It is airsoft, even if deactivated

- It looks like a real firearm at "second glance." (Yes, even if it's a kid's toy.)

- It's sharp or pointy enough to cut or pierce someone with moderate pressure. This includes all real swords, daggers and knives. It also includes ceramic blades, needles, syringes and anything that can pierce (such as a Little Sister syringes made of wood*).

- Bats are allowed as long as you don't go around hitting people with em. "Bats are ok. Don't be a dick with them."

- Rubber prop weapons are allowed only if they meet the following requirements.
*Must not have a point that can pierce. If it has a point then make sure it is flexible.
*Must be a bright color (yellow, orange, neons type of bright colors). Blue, black, and other dark colors will fall under the "Looks like a firearm at second glance" category and will not be allowed.

*Please note that, Little Sister syringes that are made of wood are not allowed because you can accidentally poke someone, especially in the Expo hall. If the syringe part is made of rubber instead it would be totally acceptable.

Friendly Advice-
Foam props are perfectly acceptable and are very popular. These are a good choice since they can't hurt, can be made to look very good, and are totally accepted by the convention center and TSA if you are flying.

PEACE BONDING AT CON FOR COSTUME WEAPONS
NOTE: This peace bonding information is from PAX Prime 2012. If anything changes for 2013 then this board and this post will reflect those changes.

The method of checking will be a booth located on the 4th floor at the Info Desk. It will be staffed by enforcers from 1 hour prior to the show to the close of Expo Hall. All attendees who have costume weapons will be directed there. The Security Management Team will also be checking the exterior line and the expo line before the doors open to alleviate any delay for people who show up before the show opens.

Anyone who has a costume weapon needs to be verified. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Attendees whose weapons are allowed will have to show that they have been checked and Ok'd. If an attendee's weapon is approved they will receive BOTH a zip tie (color TBA) placed on the weapon and a sticker on the back of their badge with a short description of the item and the name of the Enforcer who checked it. Any Enforcer can verify to if the weapon has been checked and that you have a sticker and zip tie on it. Please note that zip ties will be placed on the prop in an area of your choice. It must remain secure but it can be in an area that can be covered for photos.

If you bring something in that's not allowed or not approved you will be politely required to leave, stow the offending item in your vehicle/hotel room/etc, and then return. If you have any doubt as to whether your prop weapon falls under these restrictions - it probably does. Err on the side of caution!

PEACE BONDING LOCATION
The costume weapons check booth has been be at the Info desk on the 4th floor in the past, if this changes for 2013 then this post will be updated with the new location.

If the pattern from 2012 continues then the Security Team will be going through the outside line before the center opens, so if your early you won't have to worry about not being able to go somewhere right away.

544681_3349370446806_768019308_n.jpg

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND IF GOING IN COSTUME:
*See weapons policy and peace bonding sections above for prop weapons (this really can't be stressed enough!)

*You will want to wear comfortable shoes. Shoes are required at all times anyways. Even if they do not match this is a HUGE deal. If you don't think you can walk all day in them, then don't do it.

*You will most likely get stopped for photos (especially if your costume is good). If you don't feel like it then simply tell the person that you are not doing pictures right now but to come find you later, the main thing is to be polite. Keep in mind also that some people are fans of "ninja photos", they walk by and nonchalantly snap a photo of you while you are simply standing there or eating, or...anything really. Once again be polite and sometimes you may even offer to take a nice photo for them (without your mouth full of food!).

*When taking pictures try to move out of the crowd and off to the side where there is less traffic (I am sure the person wanting the picture will also understand).

*The convention center will be hot. Keep this in mind especially for costumes with layers. Fake layers (fake collars, half sleeves that are sewn into a shirt to make it look like layers etc.) are all neat tricks to saving you from sweating like crazy.

*Weight of a costume can be a big issue. Think about it practically. If you can't carry the weight of a costume on you for the time that you will be in the center then don't wear it. Try to lighten up the load with hollow structures and the like. Remember that costumes don't always have to be the exact proportions of the original to look good.

*Costume size can also be a problem. Keep in mind that you will be wearing this into a convention center full of tons of people. No one wants to get smacked in the face by your giant Jesse from Pokemon wig or by your Final Fantasy bigger than a person sword.

*Swag is a very common thing, try to have a plan of where you will keep all your awesome shirts, buttons, magnets, games, etc. Matching bags are always a popular option. Having a buddy to help carry your stuff is also another option. Please note, there is no coat check or spare room to keep stuff in for attendees. It all depends on personal preference but is something to keep in mind.

*Freshness can be a little lacking by the third day of being in costume (this is not meant to offend anyone but this should be addressed). Try to change at least any underlayers to your costume everyday. If this can't happen then try to hang up the costume in your room for the night so that it can at least air out (febreeze isn't a bad option either). Wear deodorant and any other freshening toiletries that you prefer and shower each day to keep yourself and your costume nice and fresh.

*Finally, it is a good idea to carry a few safety pins (or your costume equivalent) with you to make on the fly repairs while at the convention center. Accidents happen, especially the more people you add to a situation. It would be a shame for someone to step on the hem of Kaylee's Fluffy Layer Cake Dress and have it rip and leave you exposed.

GROUPS:
If you have a group page that you would like to have posted here then please PM me!
Keep in mind that most groups make a Facebook page to connect and organize through since things can get lost easily on this thread.

Mass Effect
(This is a closed Facebook group, if you would like membership then please make sure that you either message me (arwen_doll16_LOTR) here on the PA forums, or make your albums with your Mass Effect costume progress public so that an admin will approve you.)

Team Fortress 2

GROUP MEETUP TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
Assassin's Creed Universe - August 30th @ 1500 - Area 3 (The Bell) in Freeway Park https://www.facebook.com/events/527927760578672/
Full info can also be found on page 10 of this thread (scroll to see the post by PlanetsideCosplay

Mass Effect Universe- August 31st @1800 - Freeway Park (multiple locations)- will be meeting at 1700 on 7th and Pike to allow group to meet and others who want pics to follow.

CONTESTS:
TBA

I HAVE MADE ANOTHER THREAD FOR SHARING/ASKING FOR COSPLAY PICTURES!!!
Please use it instead of this thread for such purposes! I love you all and thank you!!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182579/cosplay-picture-sharing#latest

I should go.
534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
arwen_doll16_LOTR on

• Options
    AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Thanks for this post, I wish you had made the first one in the East 2012 and would appreciate it if you either made one like this, or started a new thread and we asked everyone to move to that one.

There will be a booth of some sort where people can check their cosplay weapons and the Security Management Team will rove the opening lines to avoid delays.

• Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I am already thinking ahead and have been debating if I want to make the doll costume that is in Dishonored. I love how it looks =)

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    The best piece of advice I ever received for creating a good cosplay is: Your cosplay should match your physique. This is why I've gone as Carl these many years... already got the fat :) This is just a guideline for character-matching success; don't let me discourage you from following your dream! But it's a damn fine tip if noteworthyness is your goal. (Of course, greatness comes in all shapes and genders... for example, Man-Misty cannot be unseen.)

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    I respectfully disagree with type matching your costumes. I am a person that believes that you don't have to look like a character in order to dress as them. If you are going all out for realism then yes, try to match. But if you are doing it for fun and to personify something you love then nothing should hold you back, especially not how you look.

I should go.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    This is why I follow Volpin Props on Facebook:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Creating-Costume-Armor-with-Wonderflex/

This is the greatest treasure trove of information ever for creating costume armor. Dare I say, this shit should be stickied into the OP.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AtronachAtronach SeattleRegistered User regular
    I have a cosplay related question that I have not yet found an answer to. It's about my actual costume, rather than a prop. We were thinking of doing a Silent Hill group, and I really want to challenge myself and cosplay Asphyxia (photo reference below). I would be completely covered using a body suit, but one of my friends mentioned how it might be a problem. I've seen Cortana cosplayers in nothing but a body suit so I figured it shouldn't be a problem, but i'd rather ask a year in advance and get told no than be there in costume and refused entry. As far as I can tell as long as you're bikini covered and wearing shoes you're fine, but if someone has any info on this subject I would really appreciate the feedback :)

Photo reference: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081012182541/silent/images/e/e8/Asphyxia_final.jpg

other cosplay possibilities:
    Verdandi from Atlantica Online
    Tira from Soul Calibur III
    Viola from Eternal Sonata
    Mileena from Mortal Kombat 9
    Flame Atronach from Skyrim

PAX 2013 Cosplay:
    Skyrim - Flame Atronach & Female Daedric
    Mass Effect 3 - Jack
  • Options
    I have never seen issue with a bodysuit. As long as you cover the bits that need to be covered to be considered appropriate in public (ie, anything a bathing suit covers) then you are good.

I should go.
  • Options
    mikozillamikozilla Queen of Ferelden WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Since I didn't finish Merrill's second costume (post-romance) last year, it'll be there this year. As well as Morrigan and HOPEFULLY my attempt at Tali's 3rd ME3 costume. I'd like to have Woad Ashe from LoL if time allows, but that's so many costumes.

mikozilla on
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    For Prime 13 I am tackling my first EVA armor build. And am going to be a Cerberus Phantom from Mass Effect3.
    The Mass Effect Cosplay group is amazing. They helped me a lot with my FemShep dress this yeah

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    AtronachAtronach SeattleRegistered User regular
    I have never seen issue with a bodysuit. As long as you cover the bits that need to be covered to be considered appropriate in public (ie, anything a bathing suit covers) then you are good.

Awesome thanks! :D

PAX 2013 Cosplay:
    Skyrim - Flame Atronach & Female Daedric
    Mass Effect 3 - Jack
  • Options
    FidchelFidchel Registered User regular
    The boyfriend and I are planning on a White Mage/Black Mage interpretation this year. I shall be basing my Black Mage costume on a lehenga-style sari; I can't wait to go crazy with henna-inspired embellishments. His White Mage will be Templar-esque, with a half breastplate and scale maille over a full length robe with a hooded cape. Ambitious for me, but I'm only in charge of two costumes this year instead of six, so hopefully I can pull it off.
    Saree
    War Priest

PAX Prime 2012 (Pin-Up Gardener Poison Ivy)
    PAX Prime 2013 (Bollywood Black Mage)
    PAX Prime 2014 (Renaissance Lady Link)
  • Options
    JindraxJindrax Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    For Prime '13, I'm thinking about building Magic Armor Link. I'm hoping to do it with actual chainmail though. I think I've got most of the problems with the zora armor worked out and should have it ready along with green tunic link.

One thing I am building for my green tunic link is the iron boots. So far the build has gone quite smooth. I might try to build the clawshot after I'm done with finals this semester.
    Tzxkv.jpg

Jindrax on
  • Options
    ohkateyohkatey Owner of Bitch Team Alpha Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I think I will be attending Pax '13 as a female Zaeed from Mass Effect 2/3. Dunno what my boyfriend wants to be yet...

pax primer @ <3
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    ohkatey wrote: »
    I think I will be attending Pax '13 as a female Zaeed from Mass Effect 2/3. Dunno what my boyfriend wants to be yet...

I disagree entirely; the Pax12 swag is legit

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    Ravenger wrote: »
    ohkatey wrote: »

I disagree entirely; the Pax12 swag is legit

Erm.... I am going to guess mispost?

I should go.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Or a drunk one ;)

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I have decided that Commander Infiltrator Shepard will be making a comeback with some upgrades and changes for this year. Not sure what I plan to work on as far as from scratch, the idea of Nyreen Kandros from the new Omega DLC for Mass Effect, Mandalorian Merc armor, and a whole bunch of other stuff has all been thrown around, will just have to see!

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • Options
    irikahirikah Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I'm going to be doing a riff on the Stag armor (Norn Cultural T3 Heavy Armor) from GW2. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/e8/Norn-Female-StagSet-Heavy.jpg

Going to be working with wonderflex, and figured I'd reach out - anyone have a lot of experience with it? Know a good vendor??? Thanks! :D

.life.laugh.love.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I have not had a lot of experience with wonderflex but I know Kamui has! Check out her blog and especially her tutorials at http://www.kamuicosplay.com
    In fact, her very first tutorial video on her site is about wonderflex! Just make sure you have the closed captioning on since she speaks primarily German.

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • Options
    irikahirikah Registered User regular
    Yar, I've read/watched all her stuff extensively, and some ladies on the fb page have pointed me in solid directions :)

.life.laugh.love.
  • Options
    ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I did some beginner cosplay at PAX Prime last year, so I'm hoping to do some more this year! Some might just be upgraded/improved versions of what I did last year, but I also had an epiphany for another good couple costume: Milla Vodello and Sasha Nein from Psychonauts! Of course I would think of this the year after Double Fine comes, but still!
    Sasha seems like he'd be pretty easy to throw together, but I'm wondering about Milla's hair. It is pretty huge after all, and really a pretty key part of her character silhouette, so I wouldn't really be happy with just a long brown wig. Any ideas for getting something that full-looking without combining like 10 wigs?

• Options
    Try using a wig and some batting (same stuff you use to fill a quilt). You will still need multiple wigs most likely. The idea is to use the batting as a core and cover it with the styled wigs so that you don't end up with tons of hair or weight on your hear.

I would also suggest doing some research on how to work with the wigs (styling, cutting, shaping, and making them keep their shape). My final tip is to order nice wigs that work with heat and product well. If you go cheap on your wigs then they will easily fall apart or frizz past the point of no return causing LOADS of frustration.

I should go.
  • Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    I went as dragon fist lee sin last year.... This year im going as pentakill karthus....

• Options
    Cassic DavisCassic Davis Registered User new member
    I have to ask.... is anyone cosplaying from Team Fortress 2? I'll be going as Blu Sniper. Loadout is still pending. Hope to see other Valve cosplaysers!

• Options
    I have to ask.... is anyone cosplaying from Team Fortress 2? I'll be going as Blu Sniper. Loadout is still pending. Hope to see other Valve cosplaysers!
    There were plenty last year, though I never found a set date for a big battle royale photo op. I myself went as BLU Scout's Mom. If one of my friends comes this year she's said she'll be recycling her RED Scout costume, and if I can get my boyfriend to join me I'd love for him to go as RED Spy. Assuming I manage to go, too, I'll probably be making some adjustments to my costume and using it again.

• Options
    Nice, we need more Scout Ma! XD Same here, I'm making adjustments on mine as well. And yea, sometimes there's probably never a set date or anything but it would be fun to run into others and just hang out.

• Options
    Nice, we need more Scout Ma! XD Same here, I'm making adjustments on mine as well. And yea, sometimes there's probably never a set date or anything but it would be fun to run into others and just hang out.
    Yeah, I've heard people say PAX isn't really a big cosplay convention when compared to all the anime ones or whatever, but when I see these great photos online from other dinky conventions that somehow managed to get all their TF2 people together (seriously there's plenty online, so apparently it's pretty easy to organize) it makes me jealous. Though I guess it'd help if I just wore the same costume every day instead of switching it up; then no matter the day, I'd always be ready for a TF2 photo. Of course that also means a stinkier costume, increased chances of damage, and in my case more time in uncomfortable shoes.

There was also a Ms. Pauling last year, too, and she was basically the only person at the whole con to recognize me and actually care. The only other person who wanted my picture thought I was Betty Rubble. T-T

Cosplay people, if a group wanted to organize an IP-specific photo shoot/op/whatever, would they make their own thread for that? How do people organize those?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Yea, cons like PAX aren't big on cosplay but it would still be so much fun! I'm not really into the anime cons because I'm more into the Western comic and video games stuff so PAX is pretty much the best con for me. XD But it just sucks that there are more anime cons than comic/video game cons. I guess we'll just have to wait for people to show enough interest. I've never organized a photoshoot or anything. Well, at least not on here.

Cassic Davis on
  • Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular
    I've been thinking about what to do for next year. I know I want to change a number of things about existing costumes that I have:
    - Re-do the hair for C. Viper so it doesn't look like a neon wig and actually looks like my hair. Also, new shoes that aren't death.
    - Bayonetta needs some extreme cushioning in the shoes - I had to take this costume off by 1:00 because my feet hurt so much. Shortening the chains hanging from my elbows did improve my ability to move around without having my husband need to de-tangle me every 30 seconds.
    - I might actually attempt a bald cap for Dhalsim. My fear before was that my hair wouldn't fit under a bald cap, but in October I went as Voldemort to a costume party, and it worked out really well, so we'll see. The application time sucks, though.

As far as a new costume goes, the tentative plan is to somehow put together a Skarlet (Mortal Kombat) costume.

I'll also be putting together an Oola (Star Wars) costume to be in a friend's wedding in June, so I might wear that.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    @Scunosi and @Cassic Davis
    If you are thinking of organizing a TF2 costume group then most groups make a Facebook page where everyone can connect and plan. Through the FB page you could then discuss with the group things like photo shoot times and locations and who does what etc. If you do that then just PM me the facebook group url and any info you would like and I can add it to the main post for this thread to help advertise for it.

Same goes for any group, if you want me to add it to the main post then simply PM me and I will put up the info!

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • Options
    Well okay, I made a TF2 cosplay group. It's my first ever Group, so lemme know if there's anything important I'm missing or if it's Hidden or something. I added a few of my own photos to make it look at least somewhat alive!

• Options
    Your group has been added to the OP =)

I should go.
  • Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    Will most likely be in my Umbrella Soldier costume again, but wanting to have some more props other than my umbrella this time. So what are thoughts on Blue Guns? They're made of rubber and are for training use, and seem to fit the criteria for acceptable prop weapons. Just want to double check with the big wigs on this.
    61WXvpzAiEL._SL1477_.jpg

Also, rubber training knives like this one?
    61oTlKvkS6L._SL1500_.jpg

• Options
    A rubber training knife is ok as it does not have a sharp edge. The blue gun post was addressed in the East thread and the decision is ongoing.

• Options
    After consultation and consideration it has been dertermined that the rubber prop gun in the blue color violates the "Looks like a real gun from a distance" rule and would not be allowed.

If you had it in a bright color it would probably be allowed with the caveat that it may be disallowed at the show itself if the color is to dark. If you go with something bright you should have no problem.

Thank you for asking well in advance.

tl:dr Blue gun out, brightly colored version probably ok

• Options
    Added to OP

I should go.
  • Options
    PerestroikaPerestroika Registered User regular
    I have natural red hair, so I'm probably going as Kinzie from Saint's Row. I also have to wear glasses to see (I'm blind as a bat), so it's basically perfect. Is anyone else thinking of doing some Saint's Row cosplay?

I also thought about doing a casual Shepard. I have one of the N7 hoodies, so maybe the collector's edition outfit. I guess I could do a Kelly Chambers too, but I couldn't work a sewing machine if I tried.

If anyone has more redhead ideas (that aren't anime) let me know!

It's just me, a block of dirt, and a cavern full of danger.
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '12, '13, '14
    Prime 2015 Cosplay: Hilda, Female Sunset City Hero, Squirtle Squad url="http://www.facebook.com/steleus"]X[/url
  • Options
    MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    Hmm this year, depending on the tickets i can get, ill go as Pentakill Yorick one day, A Handyman from Bioshock Infinite the next day, and depending if i get a third day ill probably just wear the something from last year (But not Corporate Mundo again, cause good god that facepaint was itchy by the 4rth hour) or maybe a fun skyrim one. I'm trying to get other people going with us to dress up too because its funner to walk around in a group esp if you have a theme going, if not no biggie. I'm gathering all my materials together but i don't want to start building anything until i have tickets nailed down. But now is a good time to experiment and try things cause you have plenty of time .

• Options
    evalorellevalorell Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Membino wrote: »
    Hmm this year, depending on the tickets i can get, ill go as Pentakill Yorick one day, A Handyman from Bioshock Infinite the next day, and depending if i get a third day ill probably just wear the something from last year (But not Corporate Mundo again, cause good god that facepaint was itchy by the 4rth hour) or maybe a fun skyrim one. I'm trying to get other people going with us to dress up too because its funner to walk around in a group esp if you have a theme going, if not no biggie. I'm gathering all my materials together but i don't want to start building anything until i have tickets nailed down. But now is a good time to experiment and try things cause you have plenty of time .

I'd love to get a bioshock infinite group together! i'm going as Elizabeth probably every day (I have the library dress and the blue dress) and the BF will probably be Booker. I plan being there the whole weekend.

• Options
    SomeQuietGuySomeQuietGuy Registered User regular
    Hello! So I'm a noob with cosplay, but I decided to do my first cosplay for PAX Prime 2013. I was planning on doing a cosplay of Dante from Devil May Cry. Yes I am planning on doing the new version of Dante, only because it's the easiest one I can think of and I do like the new Dante. I was wondering if someone could help me out with creating a replica of his sword rebellion whether a tutorial or just plain help make it. I'm good with either. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations that would be greatly appreciated! Oh and I did read the directions on this of course for props/weapons from this blog and was wondering if someone can help me verify the sword I currently have would be allowed or not. I'm 99% sure it's not, but for the sake of the 1% it would be nice to get confirmation from somewhere on here. Thanks!