As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MSPA] just won karkat tantrum bingo

ShenShen Registered User regular
edited March 2013 in Social Entropy++
So this guy

05867.gif

was about to kill these guys

05860.gif

but they were saved by this gal!

05875.gif

But then this happened

05888_1.gif05922_1.gif

and then this happened

05919.gif05920.gif

so everyone is screwed unless they get saved by these guys

05926.gif05931.gif

...Yeah.

Introducing these guys

05963.gif

who- oh.

05964.gif

...Never mind.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
ladi.png
Shen on

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    homosuck is shit

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    homoshit is suck

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    much like you're posting

broken image link
    post like you're muching

• VicVic Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping the good guys are going to start being active players rather than puppets soon. I was hoping that would be the case when Jade appeared, but WHOOPS.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    mm yes quite

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh!

so for threads that repeat geth will close it and then nominate someone who posts in the thread and was recently active to start the new one

neat

• ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    meanwhile, in Japan:

2OM8WNd.jpg

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i'm glad that dave and karkat are bros

they've come a long way since ghost penis ouija

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    meanwhile, in Japan:

2OM8WNd.jpg
    dotb
    tynic
    fuzzbutt

which one of you is fucking up the greatest nation's pubic transit

EzUAYcn.png
    tumblr_miewqi5rGy1qa27t0o1_500.png

EzUAYcn.png
    what manner of bear have japan

edited February 2013
    Beasteh wrote: »

rawr?

Goatmon on

tumblr_mielv47PVQ1qa27t0o1_500.png
    wDOvFKY.jpg
    ivDHySI.png
    JCubvoj.png
    cVNChpH.png
    4rA4Kxu.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    soldier boy tell them

EzUAYcn.png
  • EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    What reasons does Rose have to become an alcoholic? Stress, boredom, loneliness etc are all possible factors, but honestly those feel like they'd be better attributed to Dave. Rose seems to be in a pretty good place right now.

Sometimes, there just aren't reasons and somebody just likes alcohol a little too much. She started with it as a fun way to cope with boredom and stress and couldn't stop. Ive seen it happen.

What would be hilariously tragic/terrible is if its like somebody said in the old thread is that she has to be drunk to have a functional relationship with Kanaya. I could see it, because it just sounds like a Homestuck type of catch.

ox30LTf.gif
    crwth wrote: »

450px-Ursus_thibetanus_3_%28Wroclaw_zoo%29.JPG

haha what a weird looking bear!!!!

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Effef wrote: »
    What reasons does Rose have to become an alcoholic? Stress, boredom, loneliness etc are all possible factors, but honestly those feel like they'd be better attributed to Dave. Rose seems to be in a pretty good place right now.

Sometimes, there just aren't reasons and somebody just likes alcohol a little too much. She started with it as a fun way to cope with boredom and stress and couldn't stop. Ive seen it happen.

What would be hilariously tragic/terrible is if its like somebody said in the old thread is that she has to be drunk to have a functional relationship with Kanaya. I could see it, because it just sounds like a Homestuck type of catch.

That sort of thing definitely happens in real life, but truth is stranger than fiction, right? Life doesn't need to justify anything, sometimes shit just happens. In a story though, there's a limit to how much serendipity or coincidence can occur before it breaks the reader's suspension of disbelief.

It's really not a big deal and could be resolved in literally a single line on the next page, like the one you have up there (not the depressing Kanaya one). I'm not criticising, just making an observation on the daily update format.

ladi.png

It's the bear the zoo deserves

wow what if someone said that to you ross

EzUAYcn.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    It'll probably be something depressing, hussie has to get around to destroying rosemary eventually

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Rose is an alcoholic and Terezi is the troll equivalent of an alcoholic who lets Gamzee paint her toenails

THis is a depressing turn of events

dN0T6ur.png
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular

Mods???

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    ban someone ah heck I don't even care who anymore

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Shen wrote: »

That sort of thing definitely happens in real life, but truth is stranger than fiction, right? Life doesn't need to justify anything, sometimes shit just happens. In a story though, there's a limit to how much serendipity or coincidence can occur before it breaks the reader's suspension of disbelief.

It's really not a big deal and could be resolved in literally a single line on the next page, like the one you have up there (not the depressing Kanaya one). I'm not criticising, just making an observation on the daily update format.

True.

You know honestly it could be nothing more than just another tragic counterpoint. Everything the Lalondes have ever done regarding each other has been tragic counterpoint.

ox30LTf.gif
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Dave<>Karkat

Mayor <> everyone

Zay wrote: »
    ban someone ah heck I don't even care who anymore
    it's you

you should be banned

EzUAYcn.png
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Dave<>Karkat

Mayor <> everyone

Good ships

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Also, just for the record, im glad Hussie wrote someone as being not able to handle troll romance. It always seemed a bit unrealistic for everyone to be able to handle it perfectly fine as such an alien concept.

Dave handled that as well as could be expected I guess.

ox30LTf.gif
    edited February 2013
    At this point it's less tragic and more ironic; they're both so excited to meet that something like that isn't really going to ruin them meeting. Didn't Roxy even start drinking as a way of getting closer to her "mom" cos of all the liqueur left in the house? She might even be expecting this! :P

Really though, I just kind of expected that the seers would keep it together, considering their roles.

E: And yeah, I remember when it was first hinted at Dave and Terezi being an item that I thought he'd find it difficult given that it's a form of polyamory, and not everyone is equipped to deal with that.

Shen on
    ladi.png
    I just kind of expected that the seers would keep it together, considering their roles.

Given their characters, I expected exactly the opposite.

Rose has never once kept it together in a constructive manner. Ever.

Terezi, maybe. But, y'know, teens.

ox30LTf.gif
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Seeing too much may have driven them to drinking, as well.

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Homestuck: Just when things seem to be awesome, everything goes to shit.

edited February 2013
    It all fits perfectly, considering past character themes as far as im concerned.

Roxy and Dave = hard to break, able to deal with problems maturely, extremely reliable, friendship glue

Rose and Dirk = pretend to be more mature than they really are, tend to not believe they have issues until the castle they built around themselves crashes inward

Derse kids: still my favorite thing about this comic.

Effef on
    ox30LTf.gif
    I just kind of expected that the seers would keep it together, considering their roles.

Given their characters, I expected exactly the opposite.

Rose has never once kept it together in a constructive manner. Ever.

Terezi, maybe. But, y'know, teens.

That's a good point. I think Rose has changed a lot, but I guess I need to remind myself that going god tier doesn't somehow magically solve all your problems.

ladi.png
    Terezi has a lot of issues. A loooooot of issues. She probably is genuinely in spades for Gamzee (though he might just be using her, idk), though I think she is using it as an excuse to avoid her problems.

ox30LTf.gif
    Without sounding too sincere about the silly relationship stuff (too late :P) Terezi and Gamzee could end up being really interesting because it'd be the first real example of blackrom we get. The rest of the trolls come across as very human in their relationships and mostly focused on redrom.

I think it's interesting that we first learned that Dave and Terezi were together through Karkat worrying about their relationship, and now it's Karkat worrying about her and Gamzee to Dave. It must be tough for her dealing with the two of them and their failed relationships.

ladi.png
    I think thats part of the problem. She probably still liked Dave in the red sense, and she doesn't want to deal with them. So she isn't.

ox30LTf.gif
This discussion has been closed.