As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hedge[chat]

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »
    We have had a lot of interesting artists™ lately.

1) "A" graded final project for a student at the local art school was that he filmed himself completely trashing a public subway train. Like tearing apart seating and spray canning the entire thing, breaking glass etc.
    2) Similar graduating project for a student from the same school: "Playing" mentally ill, trying to suicide off a bridge. Getting apprehended, kicking and BITING police and psych crew until blood came. Then later she was like "sorry dudes this was my art project, I am totally not a maniac actually".

Wait,that guy got an A for filming his vandalism?

I don't know that they have A-F but he got the top grade yeah, and yes the teachers there realized it was not something he had permission to do.

So your universities are just as dumb as ours.

I feel better.

Yeah but Europe hates McDonald's, so the guy won't have anywhere to work once he graduates.

Artists can get on a list to get a monthly salary from the state here, because sometimes art doesn't necessarily mean you make money at all.

It's a good thing really but it's been discussed of course. Some painters on the list are millionaires from their work and shouldn't feel it's necessary to stay on there taking up place.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

1) "A" graded final project for a student at the local art school was that he filmed himself completely trashing a public subway train. Like tearing apart seating and spray canning the entire thing, breaking glass etc.
    2) Similar graduating project for a student from the same school: "Playing" mentally ill, trying to suicide off a bridge. Getting apprehended, kicking and BITING police and psych crew until blood came. Then later she was like "sorry dudes this was my art project, I am totally not a maniac actually".

I don't know that they have A-F but he got the top grade yeah, and yes the teachers there realized it was not something he had permission to do.

I feel better.

Yeah but Europe hates McDonald's, so the guy won't have anywhere to work once he graduates.

they have mcd's in sweden but he might find it hard to get a job there due to their hiring policies
    Swedish-McDonalds-620x459.jpg

srsly, McSweden hires nothing but hot young girls for the registers?

Well, no. They'd get torn apart if they did that. It's just a funny picture.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

I feel better.

they have mcd's in sweden but he might find it hard to get a job there due to their hiring policies

Si.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

I feel better.

sweden has nothing but hot young girls

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    japanese mcdonalds are really nice too

the people behind the till are so polite and it works so quickly

the only downside is they dont do american sizes but the decor and general atmosphere inside is totally different to most other countries its pretty surreal

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    No but really seems like 99% of mcdolan workers here are high school students looking to make a bit extra.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Im just going to be super controversial here and say that injuring people during your fake suicide attempt isn't art.

Trashing a public place isn't either.

Throwing temper tantrums isn't art.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    No but really seems like 99% of mcdolan workers here are high school students looking to make a bit extra.

Yess, I am pleased this is catching on.

• Options
    Im just going to be super controversial here and say that injuring people during your fake suicide attempt isn't art.

Yeah, this is a stupid opinion.

But I'm going to bet a lot of money that what these muppets did probably wasn't very good art.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Once at a mcdolan I saw some guy with a weird body tic or some kind of extreme problem. He suddenly twitched and headbutted the counter with extreme force, temporarily passing out. Then he came to and just got up and walked out saying nothing whatsoever.

• Options
    edited February 2013

there is nothing more depressing than middle aged people working at mcdonalds or in grocery store tills.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    rolan mcdolan

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Once at a mcdolan I saw some guy with a weird body tic or some kind of extreme problem. He suddenly twitched and headbutted the counter with extreme force, temporarily passing out. Then he came to and just got up and walked out saying nothing whatsoever.

McTreme!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    awesome-derpy-adorable-dogs-33.jpg?w=500&h=749

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I feel better.

I see a brunette. Hooray affirmative action.
    WE SHALL OVERCOME.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    you know how sometimes you do a shit so serious that when you turn around the bowl appears empty and when you wipe nothing turns up

yet you shat

then u know truly u have been witness to something special

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    mcdonalds singapore pays decently well and has you working in air conditioning

it winds up getting a lot of retirees (singapore's social security system is notoriously terrible for the low-end)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

I think the former is indisputable, yes. (provided they aren't giving informed consent)

But the latter is a matter of degrees, I feel.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

But I'm going to bet a lot of money that what these muppets did probably wasn't very good art.

Of course you think its stupid.

Still angry that I said burying dead prostitutes in your backyard isn't a form of installation art.

• Options
    Another time at the same mcdolan some guy got a single hair on his burger, then he ran to the counter and screamed at the top of his lungs at them for like five minutes. Left the burger and exited very angrily.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    you know how sometimes you do a shit so serious that when you turn around the bowl appears empty and when you wipe nothing turns up

yet you shat

The Phantom Pooper

The Fecal Stranger

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

THE HELL IT ISNT

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

yet you shat

i love it when your butt coughs and then there is a poo in the toilet but the toilet paper comes away clean...

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

I feel better.

sweden has nothing but hot young girls

They're the Asari of Europe.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

I feel better.

There is a heaven and it is Sweden.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    i really want to do some day drinking, but I have no friends...

• Options

Of course you think its stupid.

Still angry that I said burying dead prostitutes in your backyard isn't a form of installation art.

It's exactly as dumb as saying videogames aren't art!

it can be good art or bad art but it can be art.

and come on, the smiley face they made all together? Priceless.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Sounds like you're on your way then?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Another time at the same mcdolan someone was shot, but I wasn't there then I just read about it.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    i need to figure out what our first costco trip will entail

we're gonna get all these staples

but what are staples

aieeee

Don't forget to buy staples

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    A lot of stuff that people think is art isn't art. I don't give a fuck if you think it might be art, it's still not art.

Shitting into jars? Not art.

I really don't give a fuck what you think it is. And anyone who finds such things art, is mentally damaged. No amount of opposing position will change me, but, just let that sink in there, there are people that think such that take the opposite stance of what I am as mentally damaged individuals.

You're broken Holmes, sit there and soak that in.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Another time at the same mcdolan some guy got a single hair on his burger, then he ran to the counter and screamed at the top of his lungs at them for like five minutes. Left the burger and exited very angrily.

another time, at the same mcdonalds, another guy got a single blonde hair on his burger

he pulled it off and started tasting it, licking it, swallowing it partway and pulling it up again, all without breaking eye contact with the girl behind the counter.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

I would be down if I didn't likely have the flu

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    A lot of stuff that people think is art isn't art. I don't give a fuck if you think it might be art, it's still not art.

I really don't give a fuck what you think it is. And anyone who finds such things art, is mentally damaged. No amount of opposing position will change me, but, just let that sink in there, there are people that think such that take the opposite stance of what I am as mentally damaged individuals.

The guy who shit into tin cans and called it art just to prove that he could shit into tin cans and people would buy it as art, that was definitely art though.

I'm ok with not-art that exploits stupid artsy types.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I would day drink but it's too late, I'm already far into the normal drinking hours.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Nothing you like is art.

• Options

Why would somebody soak in anything you say if you won't soak in their jar shit art.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    like,

rice, potatoes, beans, chicken breasts, ground beef?!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Next you're gonna tell me making a game isn't art or that giving a monkey a paintbrush isn't art either?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm sympathetic to performance art, but involving first responders like EMTs and biting cross lines that I would rather not see crossed.

This discussion has been closed.