As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hedge[chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if you think defecation isn't art, bowen

well

you should see me in action on the throne

ftOqU21.png
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    like,

rice, potatoes, beans, chicken breasts, ground beef?!

Flour, rice, beans, eggs, pasta

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    like,

Herbs and spices, condiments

nibXTE7.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Bitcoins are art

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    like,

Yeah, but you should have meals planned, don't just buy stuff that is a 'staple'.

Chicken and rice and beans are great tho, maybe lentils if you don't like beans. Maybe consider fish before beef.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    like,

Malk, green vegtables, and fruites should also be purchased.

TL DR wrote: »
    I'm sympathetic to performance art, but involving first responders like EMTs and biting cross lines that I would rather not see crossed.

EMTs and biting are things that go together far better than EMTs really care for.

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    if you think defecation isn't art, bowen

well

you should see me in action on the throne

Do you anaconda that shit in a ring? That's art. Shitting in a jar takes no talent.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    i really want to do some day drinking, but I have no friends...

Sounds like you're on your way then?

point taken

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    like,

what cooking utensils and such will you expect to have

are you sure the fridge (1) exists (2) works (3) isn't in a horrible condition from the previous tenant, to begin with

aRkpc.gif
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Also what's this about shitting on EMTs in a jar being art or not? Is there an article or...?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    like,

are you sure the fridge (1) exists (2) works (3) isn't in a horrible condition from the previous tenant, to begin with

we are getting a brand new fridge

we have prep equipment

we are buying necessary gear

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The what is art conversation is neither fun nor productive

Something is art because it is presented as such. End of story.

People who disagree are substituting art for "interesting" or "good".

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Im just going to be super controversial here and say that injuring people during your fake suicide attempt isn't art.

Trashing a public place isn't either.

Throwing temper tantrums isn't art.

Yeah, this is a stupid opinion.

But I'm going to bet a lot of money that what these muppets did probably wasn't very good art.

Of course you think its stupid.

Still angry that I said burying dead prostitutes in your backyard isn't a form of installation art.

It's exactly as dumb as saying videogames aren't art!

it can be good art or bad art but it can be art.

and come on, the smiley face they made all together? Priceless.

Its not the same at all.

The subway station might be debateable. Maybe.

The girl biting people, not.

Think about what you'd like to cook for the next two weeks and plan your grocery list accordingly. Don't just buy a ton of stuff!

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Another time at the same mcdolan some guy got a single hair on his burger, then he ran to the counter and screamed at the top of his lungs at them for like five minutes. Left the burger and exited very angrily.

another time, at the same mcdonalds, another guy got a single blonde hair on his burger

he pulled it off and started tasting it, licking it, swallowing it partway and pulling it up again, all without breaking eye contact with the girl behind the counter.

tC6VThj.png

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    How did he shoot that subway video? 'Cause getting your pal to hold your dslr while you go to town on the ad banners doesn't require any skill at all to do.

I think the 'skill' or graded component would have less to do with the technical proficiency in how he trashed the subway car and more to do with what exactly he was trying to express and how relevant that was to the coursework.

I wasn't referring to the skill of the trashing, I meant the skill of shooting the act of trashing. Getting someone else to film you ripping a train apart doesn't require much technical skill on the part of the performance artist, but it might for the cameraman.

It just seems kinda lazy. Plus, I can't believe any institution would want to endorse this kind of behaviour by giving this person a top grade. That's dumb. That school is dumb.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    Sarksus wrote: »
    like,

Yeah, but you should have meals planned, don't just buy stuff that is a 'staple'.

Chicken and rice and beans are great tho, maybe lentils if you don't like beans. Maybe consider fish before beef.

I like having a bunch of random food around, with long shelf life. Ground beef and similar I always buy knowing what to do with it, but rice, potatoes, beans, canned tomatoes, etc etc are nice to just have around.

Frozen fish, too.

ftOqU21.png
    Also, Cass, don't forget to buy maple soda and a plastic cell-phone filled with candy. And Astronaut food. it's what astronauts eat!

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    like,

Make sure someone didn't shit in it and call it art.

nibXTE7.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The biting EMTs and shitting things are separate.

The EMT biters name is Anna Odell if you want to google and google-translate some articles.

PSN: Honkalot
    like,

I like having a bunch of random food around, with long shelf life. Ground beef and similar I always buy knowing what to do with it, but rice, potatoes, beans, canned tomatoes, etc etc are nice to just have around.

Frozen fish, too.

I hate locking up money in something I'm not gonna use in the next week or two.

Im just going to be super controversial here and say that injuring people during your fake suicide attempt isn't art.

But I'm going to bet a lot of money that what these muppets did probably wasn't very good art.

Still angry that I said burying dead prostitutes in your backyard isn't a form of installation art.

Its not the same at all.

Her fillings were all engraved with tiny copies of famous paintings.

nibXTE7.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Think about what you'd like to cook for the next two weeks and plan your grocery list accordingly. Don't just buy a ton of stuff!

FORTY FIVE POUNDS OF SUSHI

THAT IS WHAT I'D LIKE TO 'COOK'

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm sympathetic to performance art, but involving first responders like EMTs and biting cross lines that I would rather not see crossed.

Although I could see potential for a staged incident with a pretty white person to draw attention to how differently they would be handled by the police.

But no biting! Jesus.

Its not the same at all.

It is precisely the same thing. You are categorically refusing that anything involving X can be art.

ftOqU21.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Also, Cass, don't forget to buy maple soda and a plastic cell-phone filled with candy. And Astronaut food. it's what astronauts eat!

but only while they're in space. Astronaut's primary diet is actually pussy.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    like,

MILK (2%)
    BREAD (PREFERABLY WHEAT)
    CHEESE (NOT PROCESSED SHIT)
    MEAT (ALL KINDS)
    PACK OF HEWBREW NATIONAL ALL BEEF FRANKS
    BUNS
    MUSTARD
    KETCHUP
    53 PACKS OF FROZEN MEALS OF VARIOUS TYPES
    24 PACK OF BOTTLED WATER

Bless your heart.
    Vanguard wrote: »
    The what is art conversation is neither fun nor productive

Something is art because it is presented as such. End of story.

People who disagree are substituting art for "interesting" or "good".

I present that bitcoins are art.

They fit all the qualifying criteria.

The long troll, getting people to buy your art and use it as money. That guy was a genius.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Wow, well-mannered cats.

http://www.wimp.com/opendoor/

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Shivahn wrote: »

Well as long as you have a plan!

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We have had a lot of interesting artists™ lately.

1) "A" graded final project for a student at the local art school was that he filmed himself completely trashing a public subway train. Like tearing apart seating and spray canning the entire thing, breaking glass etc.
    2) Similar graduating project for a student from the same school: "Playing" mentally ill, trying to suicide off a bridge. Getting apprehended, kicking and BITING police and psych crew until blood came. Then later she was like "sorry dudes this was my art project, I am totally not a maniac actually".

Wait,that guy got an A for filming his vandalism?

I don't know that they have A-F but he got the top grade yeah, and yes the teachers there realized it was not something he had permission to do.

So your universities are just as dumb as ours.

I feel better.

Yeah but Europe hates McDonald's, so the guy won't have anywhere to work once he graduates.
    there actually are a fair number of them over there and they seem to do good business.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    like,

incorect

obF2Wuw.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    like,

we are getting a brand new fridge

we have prep equipment

we are buying necessary gear

you're still staying in a city

budget a little more for acquiring initial groceries nearby IMO

aRkpc.gif
    Shivahn wrote: »

FACE DOWN ASS UP

THIS IS HOW WE LIKE TO FUCK

THIS IS WHAT WE LIKE TO COOK

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    A lot of stuff that people think is art isn't art. I don't give a fuck if you think it might be art, it's still not art.

Shitting into jars? Not art.

I really don't give a fuck what you think it is. And anyone who finds such things art, is mentally damaged. No amount of opposing position will change me, but, just let that sink in there, there are people that think such that take the opposite stance of what I am as mentally damaged individuals.

You're broken Holmes, sit there and soak that in.

The conclusion that "everything can be art" is a very popular one to have, because it doesn't require you to think about art or examine it or care at all, but it will still please 99% of liberal and/or artsy types.

Looks like I might be getting that 30k house and fixing the shit out of it. Gonna make it art.

How did he shoot that subway video? 'Cause getting your pal to hold your dslr while you go to town on the ad banners doesn't require any skill at all to do.

I think the 'skill' or graded component would have less to do with the technical proficiency in how he trashed the subway car and more to do with what exactly he was trying to express and how relevant that was to the coursework.

I wasn't referring to the skill of the trashing, I meant the skill of shooting the act of trashing. Getting someone else to film you ripping a train apart doesn't require much technical skill on the part of the performance artist, but it might for the cameraman.

It just seems kinda lazy. Plus, I can't believe any institution would want to endorse this kind of behaviour by giving this person a top grade. That's dumb. That school is dumb.

as I said earlier, there probably really doesn't say anywhere that it can't be illegal.

And you can't fail someone for it, then. The grading requirements are the grading requirements.

furthermore lol art schools.

ftOqU21.png

as I said earlier, there probably really doesn't say anywhere that it can't be illegal.

And you can't fail someone for it, then. The grading requirements are the grading requirements.

furthermore lol art schools.

ftOqU21.png
    like,

incorect

How will she get her vitamin R without malk, yo?

This discussion has been closed.