As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, February 18, 2013 - The Corollary

2»

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Ya...by "social experience" I really meant the only reason anyone plays Monopoly is because everyone has it and its the first game people suggest if they don't know about Munchkin, Catan, or Ticket to Ride. So if you want to play with other people you often have to bite the bullet and play Monopoly.

• Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    The other thing that screws up Monopoly are the various House Rules that have cropped up that ultimately serve to inject more cash into the game, which then makes it interminably long. Limit the flow of money, reintroduce the auctions, and it gets far better. Still not great, but not the slog that it otherwise plays out as.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's hard to remember what the house rules are any more. Who even reads the instructions to Monopoly?

• Options
    Jademonkey79Jademonkey79 Registered User regular
    Even though I know I'm wrong, the phrase "Gamers gonna game" in context of MTG just makes me think it's an excuse for why Magic has some of the most obnoxious players in existence.

"We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."
  • Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It's hard to remember what the house rules are any more. Who even reads the instructions to Monopoly?
    The most popular house rule is getting money when you land on Free Parking. In the official rules, Free Parking is a nothing spot, nothing happens when you land on it.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I really wish people wouldn't put money in free parking.

It makes the game take forever.

• Options
    GrimEonGrimEon Registered User new member
    The link on this comic's newspost links to last Friday's comic, should link to its own comic.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    see now, I would report someone for saying "GLHF"
    because it's something dirty, like "STFU".

I mean, it has an F in it.

I dunno... like, "GAY LOSERS, HAVE FUCKS"!

oh yea? well... GLHF to you too asshole! GLHF to you tooooo..

• Options
    For the longest time I assumed FTW meant F the World. Because, you know, F.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    For the longest time I assumed FTW meant F the World. Because, you know, F.

I think there was a brief period where I was confused about that too. I'm pretty sure I have seen it used to mean Fuck The World, but I feel like that's maybe an older usage before the internet popularized For The Win?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure For The Win came about due to the sweeping popularity of Hollywood Squares.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I became utterly fucking irate at someone who quoted something I said and wrote QFT. How dare they tell me to Quit Fucking Talking? Turns out it means Quoted For Truth. Boy was my face red.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I thought it was some sort of Latin legalese

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    jwalk wrote: »
    I dunno... like, "GAY LOSERS, HAVE FUCKS"!

I laughed at this for five minutes and I have no idea why.
    I became utterly fucking irate at someone who quoted something I said and wrote QFT. How dare they tell me to Quit Fucking Talking? Turns out it means Quoted For Truth. Boy was my face red.

Back before City of Heroes closed down, there was a member of our supergroup who was convinced by other members that Quit Fucking Talking was the proper meaning. Hilarity ensued, etc.

Demobot on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

• Options
    Sage_CatharsisSage_Catharsis Registered User regular
    So gay sex again?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

STFU
    Sincerely Truthful for Understanding.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    You know the little Awesome and Agree buttons on this forum? Imagine if there were also Stupid or Bad Person buttons, and if they got clicked too much you could potentially get infractions or even banned. Now imagine comic Gabe as a forum user. How long do you think he'd last under that system?

Interesting sentiment, but having Stupid or Bad Berson buttons combined with banning or infractions would be...unwise...to say the least. Remember the mod warning about people awesoming or agreeing with each other due to friendships, or other arrangements beforehand?

That sort of thing would be nothing compared to the behavior that would go on with an actual ability to reach out and negatively affect another forum member by banning them.