As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unusual death [chat]

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Guysamericankitchenandbar.com

5PNIiFT.jpg
    is fake

If you can eat here, you're a shark.

This menu is an elaborate dieters aid, right?

You read it when you are feeling hungry between meals to make you not hungry?

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Tracy J. Kraling, 31, was killed at Regions Hospital in Minnesota after entering a walk-in autoclave. The door closed while she was inside, and the machine automatically started, scalding her with 180 °F (82 °C) water

A walk-in autoclave. Jesus christ, this is the worst idea in the history of ideas.

Why would you need a walk in autoclave?

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    come to me, game of thrones season 2

you've been out for delivery since 5:30 this morning. Surely it shouldn't take 12 hours

mine hasn't even shippedddddddd

hmm? Oh, right. They were offering a free Amazon Prime trial thingy.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Last one
    Jimi Heselden, British owner of the Segway motorized scooter company, was killed when he accidentally drove off a cliff on a Segway at his estate at Thorp Arch near Boston Spa.

How did I not know this!!?

Was Jessica Fletcher visiting at the time?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Last one
    Jimi Heselden, British owner of the Segway motorized scooter company, was killed when he accidentally drove off a cliff on a Segway at his estate at Thorp Arch near Boston Spa.

How did I not know this!!?

This one is so incredible that I thought it was a hoax or vandalism or something. It had to be!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I used to babysit for a guy who worked for Dean Kamen (guy that invented Segways). He had like 4 Segways in his garage. I NEVER GOT TO RIDE ONE. EVER. He let my parents have a ride but somehow I wasn't invited. Still have never ridden a Segway. :(

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Tracy J. Kraling, 31, was killed at Regions Hospital in Minnesota after entering a walk-in autoclave. The door closed while she was inside, and the machine automatically started, scalding her with 180 °F (82 °C) water

A walk-in autoclave. Jesus christ, this is the worst idea in the history of ideas.

... most hospital autoclaves are walk in because you need to autoclave really big shit or a lot of shit at once

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I used to babysit for a guy who worked for Dean Kamen (guy that invented Segways). He had like 4 Segways in his garage. I NEVER GOT TO RIDE ONE. EVER. He let my parents have a ride but somehow I wasn't invited. Still have never ridden a Segway. :(

That's totally bogus

you should have been teaching the kids to play segway polo

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    1478: George Plantagenet, Duke of Clarence, was executed by drowning in a barrel of Malmsey wine at his own request.[29]
    A true man.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

... most hospital autoclaves are walk in because you need to autoclave really big shit or a lot of shit at once

Yeah, but they'll kill you.

• Options
    2002: Richard Sumner, a British artist suffering from schizophrenia, went into a remote section of Clocaenog Forest in Denbighshire, Wales, handcuffed himself to a tree and threw the keys out of his reach. His skeleton was discovered three years later. There were signs that he may have later changed his mind.

creepy

This made the news when it happened. It was not his first attempt. It was desperately sad and, obviously, a creepy and horrible way to die.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

;(

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    When you're ordering stuff and they let you track your package...

what does "Arrival Scan" mean?

• Options
    why would the autoclave be automatic!

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

because :effort:

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    2008: David Phyall, 50, the last resident in a block of flats due to be demolished in Bishopstoke, near Southampton, Hampshire, England, cut off his own head with a chainsaw to highlight the injustice of being forced to move out.[193][194]
    that is metal as fuck

• Options
    When you're ordering stuff and they let you track your package...

what does "Arrival Scan" mean?

package scanned (ie, info read off the barcode and into the system) when first reaching the depot, I think

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    2008: David Phyall, 50, the last resident in a block of flats due to be demolished in Bishopstoke, near Southampton, Hampshire, England, cut off his own head with a chainsaw to highlight the injustice of being forced to move out.[193][194]

this made me burst out laughing

"I'LL FUCKING SHOW YOU, YOU GODDAMN CONDO BOARD MEMBERS"

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »

That's totally bogus

I should have stolen one and ridden it around the neighborhood after the kids went to sleep. I didn't, largely because a) they paid me really well and b) I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A SEGWAY BECAUSE HE NEVER TAUGHT ME DAGNABBIT.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    1478: George Plantagenet, Duke of Clarence, was executed by drowning in a barrel of Malmsey wine at his own request.[29]
    A true man.

Insufficient information. I want to know how much he drank before he drowned.

• Options
    Senjutsu wrote: »

That's totally bogus

I should have stolen one and ridden it around the neighborhood after the kids went to sleep. I didn't, largely because a) they paid me really well and b) I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A SEGWAY BECAUSE HE NEVER TAUGHT ME DAGNABBIT.

I thought it was pretty much intuitive

go the direction you're leaning

don't drive off any cliffs

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    You can hear what appears to be revelers at the Redneck Yacht Club in the background egging on Norman Nowling as he flattened Amanda Kent's 1994 Toyota. According to reports, Kent had left her car at the stage area of the club and gone mudding with some friends in another vehicle. When she returned she found her car had been completely flattened.

OMG, There is nothing about this story that isn't redneck as fuck

Even the dude they're interviewing is a weedy looking little dude who's wearing a t-shirt two sizes two big

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    for any pax easters who care i have finalized my itinerary and will be in boston on thursday at 4pm

LATE LUNCH EARLY DINNER ^_^;

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    1959: In the Dyatlov Pass incident, nine ski hikers in the Ural Mountains abandoned their camp in the middle of the night, some clad only in their underwear despite sub-zero weather. Six died of hypothermia and three by unexplained injuries. The corpses showed no signs of struggle, but one had a fatal skull fracture, two had major chest fractures, and one was missing her tongue. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. During the hikers' memorials, several witnesses reported that the bodies had an "orangish tint" to them.
    wtf

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    A true man.

How wonderfully decadent.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    aw that kitten is terrified and the dog just wants to play

edit: what that human tweaks its tail??fuckin rude

So It Goes on
  • Options
    1959: In the Dyatlov Pass incident, nine ski hikers in the Ural Mountains abandoned their camp in the middle of the night, some clad only in their underwear despite sub-zero weather. Six died of hypothermia and three by unexplained injuries. The corpses showed no signs of struggle, but one had a fatal skull fracture, two had major chest fractures, and one was missing her tongue. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. During the hikers' memorials, several witnesses reported that the bodies had an "orangish tint" to them.
    wtf

Bob.

• Options
    2004: Ronald McClagish, from Murrow, Cambridgeshire in England, was trapped inside a cupboard when a wardrobe outside fell over and made it impossible for him to get out. McClagish survived for a week before succumbing to bronchitis, which he had contracted when he removed a waterpipe in an attempt to free himself and the cupboard was partially flooded

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqy4DTHGqg

this video is so great

Bill fuckin' Ward

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

If I worked at a place and there was a walk-in autoclave that turned itself on automatically I would walk right the fuck out the door.

For serious.

After spending 4 years of my life on a submarine; a literal deathtrap which hundreds of engineers have spend 50+ years trying to make less of a death trap, I don't think I could tolerate a workplace that just deliberately created actual deathtraps for the employees.

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    You can hear what appears to be revelers at the Redneck Yacht Club in the background egging on Norman Nowling as he flattened Amanda Kent's 1994 Toyota. According to reports, Kent had left her car at the stage area of the club and gone mudding with some friends in another vehicle. When she returned she found her car had been completely flattened.

OMG, There is nothing about this story that isn't redneck as fuck

Even the dude they're interviewing is a weedy looking little dude who's wearing a t-shirt two sizes two big

FLORIDA

• Options
    wtf

we were talking about this this morning

they were also irradiated.

• Options
    2003: Brian Douglas Wells, an American pizza delivery man in Erie, Pennsylvania, was killed when a time bomb fastened around his neck exploded. At the time of his death he had been apprehended by the police for robbing a bank. Wells told police that three people had locked the bomb around his neck and would not release it had he refused to commit the robbery.
    holy shit

• Options
    aw that kitten is terrified and the dog just wants to play

edit: what that human tweaks its tail??fuckin rude

even the dog gave him a look like, dick move dude

• Options
    wtf

like just

what happened

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    wtf

someone was talking about this this morning! It sounds p interesting

• Options
    wtf

like just

what happened

aliens-meme.jpeg

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    for any pax easters who care i have finalized my itinerary and will be in boston on thursday at 4pm

LATE LUNCH EARLY DINNER ^_^;

you may feast on my frank and beans

• Options
    wtf

like just

what happened

An avalanche. Although why they didn't recover their shoes and clothes from the tent before setting out I just don't understand.

This discussion has been closed.