As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sony Conference Thread: It's over! PS4 confirmed, price/console design unknown.

PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity.Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82C4Nu_Jq8

Not much longer now, folks. At 6pm EST, Sony will almost certainly announce their next console.

What will it be called? How much will it cost? What will launch with it? I know you know, tell me!

Or just check out the Playstation website, they will no doubt have a way to view the conference once it goes live.

PaperLuigi44 on

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Guys we're making a new crash bandicoot game! Woooooooooo

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Guys we're making a new crash bandicoot game! Woooooooooo

"We wanted to explore the untapped pathos of his character".

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    turns out they bought Sega and now we get a fifth button in addition to triangle, circle, X and square: spiral

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Now presenting

The Playstation Vita

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    May I just commend this thread title for the total absence of giant enemy crab?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I demand a sequel to the walking dinosaur from the PSX demo disc.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    still betting that the announcement will include Ridge Racer

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Pfft, memes.

Especially ones you'd have to go grave-digging to recover.

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I just hope they have backward compatibility

And no stupid waggling/motion/camera crap

And also an order pizza button

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    but your phone already has that!

But I gotta go through my speed dial for their number. I want a button on the controller

• ackack Registered User regular
    *holds controller up sideways to ear, winks at langly*

lostwords wrote: »
    But I gotta go through my speed dial for their number. I want a button on the controller

pizza hutt has a button app!

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    wrong thread!

anyways - super excited for this conference and for official confirmation of vita price drop.

Aretè on
    Pizza Hut doesn't deliver to my place :( I've checked

Pizza Hut doesn't deliver to my place :( I've checked

what in the ever loving fuck

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    If they have backwards compatbility, it'll be through streaming

PS3 architecture is too much hassle to make BC compatible otherwise

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    playstation 4 will be the hottest new thing in gaming and in tearing open portals to the fiery bowels of hell itself

You have no idea how many times I've wanted to order a Pizza Hut big dinner box for dinner after seeing the commercials but not being able to get it delivered

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    ahh I'm so excited to find out how consoles will adapt to how things have changed. I really hope they will try to compete with the steam style marketplace that would be so groovy

4SMZq.jpg
    They'll still have the PS Store

They won't be doing more frequent sales if that's what you mean, wimble

c9PXgFo.jpg
    You have no idea how many times I've wanted to order a Pizza Hut big dinner box for dinner after seeing the commercials but not being able to get it delivered

there is one literally around the corner of your street and they are complete butts if they won't deliver from highway 1.

oh hush you don't know what they will do

4SMZq.jpg
    Wimble wrote: »
    oh hush you don't know what they will do

mobile agree

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    GIANT ENEMY CRABS

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    maybe... maybe it will have a mouse and keyboard

what if the new console is a sandwich for us to eat

I am overthinking this

4SMZq.jpg
    Langly wrote: »

there is one literally around the corner of your street and they are complete butts if they won't deliver from highway 1.

I know! That's the worst part, for some reason, they refuse to deliver. Maybe I'm just on dominos turf?

Also yeah, steam style delivery would be clutch. Though I do wish they'd figure out a way to provide digital copies of games you physically own for free or even a small fee. Like I wanna get a ps vita, but no way to play the umds I have on it, which is butts. I know Japan has a service where, for a small fee, they'll give you a digital copy of a game on mud you already own, but not here.

They really can't use the PS Store like Steam if they want to sell physical copies through Gamestop

I'd like to see Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo move towards an online model like Steam but I just don't see it happening while Gamestop is around

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    They really can't use the PS Store like Steam if they want to sell physical copies through Gamestop

I'd like to see Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo move towards an online model like Steam but I just don't see it happening while Gamestop is around

Stable, high speed, reasonably priced broadband internet is still not ubiquitous enough.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My biggest fear for this console generation is that they would go without physical media.

I still buy A LOT of my games used or borrow them from friends. We have a pretty solid lending circle setup to help us all save money and still play the games we want to play.

well I agree that there are stubborn sticks in these wheels, but I think their incentive won't be higher than when they want to sell a new platform. Sony has already made progress with how good playstation plus is value wise and whatnot, so if nothing else they could work on the visibility and ease of use of their marketplace

4SMZq.jpg
    http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-the-ps4-will-be-out-this-november-and-youll-be-able-to-control-it-with-your-phone
    Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

I know, Kotaku sucks

c9PXgFo.jpg
    I don't mind being able to own some games digitally like Microsoft does. The problem though is their prices are ridiculous. I can get a physical copy of a game cheaper almost every time.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-the-ps4-will-be-out-this-november-and-youll-be-able-to-control-it-with-your-phone
    Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

I know, Kotaku sucks

Aww damnit Sony, stop that shit.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

Man, that big dinner box looks fantastic.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    There's not a single Pizza Hut here in Austria anymore. They quietly withdrew from the market in 2003.

edited February 2013
    Again, that article is from Kotaku so take it with a few grains of salt

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
    I don't mind paying for online services if it leads to some improvements.

Fact is, unless Sony really pulls out all of the stops, I'll only be buying the new Microsoft console on day 1. I'll hold off on Sony until it gets a price drop.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I hate Kotaku so much. Every time there's any mention of gay or transgender people in gaming, the comment threads are just awful.