As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unusual death [chat]

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    I've always noticed that I don't seem to sweat very much when I work out. even today, when i was absolutely murdering myself for about 2 hours, my face and back were barely even moist. But then by the time i was getting to single arm back rows (my nemesis!) I was feeling pretty sick and over-heated, and i had to go lie down and pour some cold water on my head before i felt ok again.

Is there like a genetic correlation to average body sweat? I mean I'm mostly Norwegian, which could make sense since sweating in freezing weather is a good way of getting chilled.

these are just the kinds of random questions that pop into my head while I'm grunting and lifting heavy things

I believe phenotypic variations are small, and generally people adapt. For example, I've gone from the UK to Japan and acclimatized so, for example, there is less sodium in the oodles of sweat that summer produces.

You just sound insufficiently hydrated, to be honest.

Probably, it was just idle curiosity more than anything

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    hahaha

fuckin spool man

:) these drugs are making me even more open than usual.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Yes, bad movies can still have good scenes.

Honestly, that scene is probably best out of context and even better if you never saw the film.

It was really bad.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I had a moment like this in @Pony 's game tonight and it felt fucking rad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

This is legitimately one of the best moments in all of Star Trek.

worst

worst moments

no

u

is worst movie, played on ugliest projector

Oh, no, totally, that movie is awful.

But What Does God Need With A Starship is Star Trek at its finest.

I can not separate the line from the movie

it exists in toto

the whole irreducible

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I wonder if Geth could be made to close a thread with a YouTube clip of Porkins dying in Star Wars: A New Hope?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I do think it is SUSPICIOUS that Kirk gets the best moment in that film.

Lh96QHG.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    spool now fucks like a mandingo fights (fearlessly)

Also crying and covered in blood

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    I wonder if Geth could be made to close a thread with a YouTube clip of Porkins dying in Star Wars: A New Hope?

or random achewoods

automated trolling, wave of the future

Scotty prison break was p cool

As was Spocks "not in front of the Klingons"

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Gonna see a babby in a couple days!

Gonna implant swear words in his tiny brain.

Also gonna make him do little babby leg squats while he's laying on my stomach.

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular

or random achewoods

Or, you know, a comic that's funny.

工事中
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Gonna breed the next gen of swoll mixed martal artist shit talkers? Cool, cool, cool.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    If dat babby can't bench his own body weight, you might as well just throw him to the wolves

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I can't wait to teach my friend's baby new words he can't say.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    sup u poops

keep on poopin

919UOwT.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    You guys are all about touchin yo dicks

Practicin' fo yo dick

:shock:

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    If dat babby can't bench his own body weight, you might as well just throw him to the wolves

I mean they're like ant sized anyway they should at least be able to do that.

Cokebotle wrote: »

or random achewoods

like I said, achewood!

come for the laughs

stay for the hilarious complaints from the idgi crowd

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    PayPal is literally Hitler. Apparently they want Photo ID (issued within the last six months????) and a copy of a utility bill as proof of address. Too bad I don't have a scanner or fax machine, but even if I did what the fuck? I tried submitting the payment as a guest, but I entered my email and now even though I wasn't logged in my debit card is tied to my account and it looks like it's impossible to remove.

And of course eBay only lets you pay through PayPal. So I have pretty much no way of paying for the game I just bought without begging my mom to borrow $15 in internet money. This is ridiculous, how do eBay and PayPal continue to function (I can answer that myself: idiots).

geth knows what's up

My policy is to curse freely around children because parents are douchey about it.

My friends freaked out because I f-bombed around their little girl one time when I was home visiting (from the Navy, land o F-bombs).

The next year I visited I did it again by accident and started apologizing and they laughed right in my face and said "We gave up on that months ago because we couldn't help ourselves cursing in front of them."

So.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

I mean they're like ant sized anyway they should at least be able to do that.

All I want is for people to look at that baby and think, "That's one buff babby"

I've been loading up my nephew's milk with HGH to help him become the strongest of all babbys

spool32 wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Speaking of, my decision to completely forego masturbation continues to pay off huge benefits.

The amount of pain medicine I'm on right now has really removed any filter of decorum I normally possess...

I'm not sure if I want clarification.

And I'm just as sure that I do!

OK I will spoiler it for those who don't want the details!
    I was doing it... I guess every day. It'd become a habit, and I thought it was no big deal. But there was a day when I did twice, then the wife jumped me when I got home and it took quite a while to climax. Afterwards she was worried that she'd upset me or something; that it was basically her fault.

Not cool.

So I decided to stop altogether for a while... and wow. Holy shit!
    Orgasms feel far, far better. Much more powerful and enjoyable. Everything is more sensitive. I'm easier to arouse (wasn't that difficult before), and teasing is more enjoyable. My refractory period is shorter, much more like it was when I was 20.

It just feels better all around. She is enjoying it more as well! I have a tendency to be overly careful of her sometimes, because of her back problems, and it can kill the mood. Now I'm more in the moment, which has all sorts of fun secondary benefits besides not being over-careful when she doesn't want me to be.

For a week or so I was climbing the walls in frustration while I broke the habit. Still challenging, as we sometimes have 3-5 days in between lovemaking sessions, but so so so worth it.

It's funny how much time you save, I'm, uh, sure.

Seriously, spoilers:
    I've always been relatively quick to finish... probably my #1 insecurity while I was single, and in our early marriage. But as long as we continue our lovemaking I tend to stay fully erect for 20-25 minutes afterwards, and that's more than long enough to get the job done several times.

My turn for spoilers!
    I am not quick, and am even slower with a lady. So I could spend an hour or more if I'm not actively trying to finish up. Usually it was shorter, but still at least ten to twenty minutes. And at my worst it was regularly four times a day. Which is um, kind of a lot! Which is why I actually think it's cool you're managing to do this, though it sounds like you had different issues.

Thankfully I didn't have to break this by will and with frustration and climbing up walls. Hormone therapy has dropped my testosterone to almost nothing and added a bunch of estrogen and I just kinda stopped and didn't realize it until it'd been half a week and I was like "wait a minute..."
    4/day is quite a lot yes, at least it seems so to me. I would venture to say it might have been the reason it took so long with a partner!
    It was really getting in the way of our sex life, and I'm very glad I quit.

Also I told her! And that in itself, the honesty part I mean, also did good things for us.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    kitty chilling at window, prescriptions sorted for next two months, just halved the amount of money I owe people, good times.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

I tried using PayPal years ago and thought it was a joke.

Glad to see they haven't changed.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Some how the clip from the Star Trek that shall not be named lead me to a Voyager clip with a Nova Class vessel that I completely forgot about.

Then I went and read the synopsis on Memory Alpha. That was a dumb ass story, no wonder I blanked it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    the movie is terrible but there is something simultaneously cheesy, cheeky, and charming about WHAT DOES GOD NEED WITH A STARSHIP? that kind of sums up Star Trek very nicely

rRwz9.gif
    Also I hereby grant the shock emoticon additional estates, including the realm of creepy stare

or random achewoods

like I said, achewood!

come for the laughs

stay for the hilarious complaints from the idgi crowd

I'm still waiting to read an Achewood comic that's funny. Hasn't happened yet.

工事中
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Geth you traitor.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Real question: If you don't even have a starship how do you have the nerve to call yourself a god

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

And rightly so. The line was supposed to be McCoy's. It is blatantly more in-character for him than Kirk.

rRwz9.gif
    the movie is terrible but there is something simultaneously cheesy, cheeky, and charming about WHAT DOES GOD NEED WITH A STARSHIP? that kind of sums up Star Trek very nicely

Also at that point Kirk and crew had met how many "god like" beings who they had outwitted?

u7stthr17eud.png
    Geth you traitor.

:bz

工事中
    Any God that is objectively less powerful than a Q is a scrub and deserves no respect.

Note: Starfleet captains barely treat Q with any respect.

Geth you traitor.

:bz

No surprise the robot doesn't have a sense of humor.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

it's enough to elevate it above all but one of the tng movies imo.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    The great lines in Star Trek movies are the parts that I really like.

Not much of the spaceship action etc is really any good, for me.

So V is one of my faves just for that line, and IV is wonderful for:

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Don't tell me! You're from outer space.
    Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.

And 'Everyone remember where we parked!'

I figure I could take a bear.
    Any God that is objectively less powerful than a Q is a scrub and deserves no respect.

Note: Starfleet captains barely treat Q with any respect.

http://youtu.be/f_NQnac8Abk

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.