As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unusual death [chat]

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Any God that is objectively less powerful than a Q is a scrub and deserves no respect.

Note: Starfleet captains barely treat Q with any respect.

in my head canon, the Q Continuum is actually a federation/alliance/polity of all the various god-like beings encountered over the years, from the nice hippie ones like Organians to the asshole ones like the Squire of Gothos.

rRwz9.gif
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    there was a 15 year old who worked at the same pizza job as me when i was like 17

oh my godddddddddd

i just googled her, she is still insanely hot

some people's bodies, man

they get a headstart

holy shit

thusly inspired, I just googled a girl I had a huge crush on in college. without exaggeration, the most beautiful person I have ever met in person.

apparently she is now in prison for doing something pretty terrible.

still looks pretty good, though.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I hope Bradley Cooper gets more and more famous so that he can make a massive budget movie version of Hyperion happen.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    What's that one fictional universe where there are sentient spaceships that have interesting names?

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    The only TNG film I care for is First Contact and even then, it's only as good as a "good" normal episode of the series, not a great one.

The rest of them all have substantial issues. Insurrection is especially horrible.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    geth, no.

No.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    The great lines in Star Trek movies are the parts that I really like.

Not much of the spaceship action etc is really any good, for me.

So V is one of my faves just for that line, and IV is wonderful for:

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Don't tell me! You're from outer space.
    Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.

And 'Everyone remember where we parked!'

V is awful. VI has great moments.

Shapeshifter lady: Not all races carry it between their legs.

Klingon Shakespeare

Also II is great just for the emotional impact.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Having never watched any Star Truck outside of the remake movie and some random TNG episodes, hearing you guys do your spurts of Truck-talk makes me confused and infuriated

more buff babby and Achewood is the worst discussion

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I do think it is SUSPICIOUS that Kirk gets the best moment in that film.

And rightly so. The line was supposed to be McCoy's. It is blatantly more in-character for him than Kirk.

That is wonderful.

Lh96QHG.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    1 is great for the musical score.

I hope Bradley Cooper gets more and more famous so that he can make a massive budget movie version of Hyperion happen.

There is no way to do justice to Hyperion while still attracting an audience large enough for it to not tank.

There are not enough sci-fi nerd lit majors in the world.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Having never watched any Star Truck outside of the remake movie and some random TNG episodes, hearing you guys do your spurts of Truck-talk makes me confused and infuriated

more buff babby and Achewood is the worst discussion

Achewood is the best.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

There is no way to do justice to Hyperion while still attracting an audience large enough for it to not tank.

There are not enough sci-fi nerd lit majors in the world.

An incredibly faithful adaptation of The Watchmen got made. Anything can happen.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Oh hey, are any of you guys reading Scalzi's serialized book The Human Division?

It is pretty good so far!

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Three men enter.

69852BD2C55E9065F59E6FE5C59689CE1826FB80

No men leave.

488W936.png
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    2 is amazing because they made the conflict between kirk and khan so compelling without ever putting them on screen together and forcing people to watch two aging actors pretend to be action heroes.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

The only TNG film I care for is First Contact and even then, it's only as good as a "good" normal episode of the series, not a great one.

The rest of them all have substantial issues. Insurrection is especially horrible.

That is because they are all awful.

So much potential so little done.

u7stthr17eud.png
    VI was good!

So was II.

I subscribe to the even number Trek film theory.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I am looking forward to Star Trek: Sherlock is Evil Now

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    there was a 15 year old who worked at the same pizza job as me when i was like 17

oh my godddddddddd

i just googled her, she is still insanely hot

some people's bodies, man

they get a headstart

holy shit

thusly inspired, I just googled a girl I had a huge crush on in college. without exaggeration, the most beautiful person I have ever met in person.

apparently she is now in prison for doing something pretty terrible.

still looks pretty good, though.

Gonna "visit?"

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    VI was good!

So was II.

I subscribe to the even number Trek film theory.

you add the digits together and see if that is odd or even.

this accounts for Nemesis (10) being awful and the reboot (11) being decent.

sorry guys the next one is gonna suck.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

evilbob wrote: »
    2 is amazing because they made the conflict between kirk and khan so compelling without ever putting them on screen together and forcing people to watch two aging actors pretend to be action heroes.

The best thing about Wrath of Khan is they made up a prosthetic muscle costume piece for Montalban and had it all ready to go.

And then he took his shirt off and they discarded it as it was superfluous.

Seriously VI is just such a great movie. It has all the parts of good Trek. And of course Shakespeare spouting Klingons.

http://youtu.be/340YeUb6P7c

Original Klingon.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Man I have a good idea for a chat. I am posting in order to get chosen

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    TOS movies are impossible for me not to enjoy because I was raised on that shit. I can see how they are crap, but its like watching friends trying their hand at movie making. The errors are adorable!

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    IV is great because everything about it is great.

guess what I'm watching on amazon prime free video RIGHT NOW?

rRwz9.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    1 is great for the musical score.

I would be a great movie if that script was made today, or even a few years after it was made. But it was trying too hard to be 2001 which makes it seem boring.

It's a tight script with decent graphics (for the time) great music and good acting. I just don't really need ten minutes of flying by the Enterprise in my motion picture film.

Lh96QHG.png
    Did you just imply that 2001 is boring

Pistols at dawn, sir

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Hello. I hath returned from the Basement of Screens. Made two new friends with my minions because I'm so goddamn friendly. Phone numbers and Facebook requests all over the place.

But I really like them both, they were really nice and attentive and I got to warp their tiny minds with my opinions.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular

is he into Hyperion or something? that would be rad

TOS movies are impossible for me not to enjoy because I was raised on that shit. I can see how they are crap, but its like watching friends trying their hand at movie making. The errors are adorable!

I was raised on them as well. I don't see how at least the evens are crap.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    IV is great because everything about it is great.

guess what I'm watching on amazon prime free video RIGHT NOW?

nuclear wessels

I am looking forward to Star Trek: Sherlock is Evil Now

I didn't hate the last trek film but it didn't wow me either. Hoping this next one finds its stride.

Evil Sherlock will be worth the ticket alone.

Pistols at dawn, sir

I didn't, actually.

Lh96QHG.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Hello. I hath returned from the Basement of Screens. Made two new friends with my minions because I'm so goddamn friendly. Phone numbers and Facebook requests all over the place.

But I really like them both, they were really nice and attentive and I got to warp their tiny minds with my opinions.

What opinions.

Pistols at dawn, sir

I didn't, actually.

good

Senjutsu wrote: »

It's his dream project, he cowrote a treatment and everything!

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

What opinions.

Raven is pro-forced male castration.

Senjutsu wrote: »

It's his dream project, he cowrote a treatment and everything!
    whoa cool

This discussion has been closed.