As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jacques Pepin [le chat]

KanaKana Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
jacques-pepin-lg.jpg
Pépin, the second of three sons, was born in 1935 in Bourg-en-Bresse, near Lyon in France.[1] After World War II, his parents, Jeanne and Jean-Victor Pépin, owned the restaurant, Le Pelican, where Pépin worked and later became known for his love for food.[1] He went on to work in Paris, training under Lucien Diat at the Plaza Athénée. From 1956 to 1958, Pépin was the personal chef to three French heads of state, including Charles de Gaulle. In 1959 Pépin came to the United States to work at the restaurant Le Pavillon. Eight months later, in 1961, Howard Johnson, a regular Le Pavillon customer, hired Pépin to work alongside fellow Frenchman Pierre Franey to develop food lines for his chain of Howard Johnson's restaurants, while Pépin was attending Columbia University. Pépin received his B.A. degree from Columbia’s School of General Studies in 1970 and went on to earn a master’s degree in French literature at Columbia in 1972

So yeah, Jacques was cooking for french heads of state by the age of 21. Dude can cook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57afEWn-QDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAekQ5fzfGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF78n_DvMWE

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
Kana on

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    That was a Ze Frank video!

And why am I always backup!

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    uVii9uz.gif

This is the best Achewood arc.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Back to Star Trek V.

It is basically proof that Kirk is the worse at politics, man became an admiral, got demoted and keeps being put on a ship that is ancient even for its time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Hey, Jacques!

More freedom in the fries next time!

Caveman Paws on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That was a Ze Frank video!

And why am I always backup!

Always the backup, never the poaster?

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Raven is infecting people with her love of canned soup.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Back to Star Trek V.

It is basically proof that Kirk is the worse at politics, man became an admiral, got demoted and keeps being put on a ship that is ancient even for its time.

Well they were mostly just putting the Enterprise crew out to pasture. That's why the Enterprise A existed for about a week before it was scheduled for decommissioning.

Lh96QHG.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Star Trek IV is so unpretentious and good-natured. It is like warm fuzzy blanket: the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPk-nJhXMiE

rRwz9.gif
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    this chat disappoints

NpgwrHj.gif

919UOwT.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    The problem was that Kirk kept spending his political capital on getting back a Constitution class ship named Enterprise.

Lh96QHG.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Back to Star Trek V.

Well, yeah. The only thing Kirk is good at is being Captain of the Enterprise, no matter how old she gets. Politics has never been his bag. He's not Picard.

Still irked they let him go out like a bitch.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3ZIc5IL2w

Get it

Both named J--of course you get it!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    I had to scramble to make that one and I'm just sitting in the college library

Alas, if only I had written a draft out ahead of time i could have taken a bunch of his cool as hell stories from his autobiography

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    IV is just awesome.

Director: Leonard Nimoy
    Writer: Leonard Nimoy

V though is...

Director: William Shatner
    Writer: William Shatner

What do we learn from this?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I am a good cook.

Step 1) Pour Bulleit into plastic bag.
    Step 2) Put steak into same plastic bag. Leave overnight.
    Step 3) Put steak on grill, high heat four minutes total.
    Step 4) Pour Bulleit from bag into glass.
    Step 5) Enjoy bourbon steak and steak bourbon.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    this chat disappoints

NpgwrHj.gif

25PAzzg.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    IV is just awesome.

V though is...

That Leonard Nimoy is the logical choice.

488W936.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Hmm, Leonard Nimoy was also great in Civ 4. Coincidence?

IV is just awesome.

V though is...

futurama.avi

Lh96QHG.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    IV is just awesome.

V though is...

That in 1986 they were setting up for a Futurama joke nearly 20 years in the future.

nibXTE7.png
    edited February 2013
    If there's one thing I hate about steam (and it's not even Valve's fault), it's the way the consumer isn't consistently given patch notes.

I turn steam on for the first time in 2.5 weeks, and I see that Trine 2, Bastion, and Skyrim (among others) were patched. I can guess that Skyrim's patch is to make it work with the Dragonborn expansion, but I can't find any information on what the Trine 2 and Bastion patches did. Which is annoying, to say the least.

Tamin on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    2 is amazing because they made the conflict between kirk and khan so compelling without ever putting them on screen together and forcing people to watch two aging actors pretend to be action heroes.

The best thing about Wrath of Khan is they made up a prosthetic muscle costume piece for Montalban and had it all ready to go.

And then he took his shirt off and they discarded it as it was superfluous.

I can't tell if this is a true story or if you made it up. But I choose to believe it is true.

I read it somewhere a while back and it's quite possible I am misremembering it somehow, or the story itself may have been an embellishment or fabrication.

However, that was definitely Montalban's real physique and it was definitely impressive for a man of any age, let alone his age-62 at the time.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    should have kept the jheri curl

919UOwT.png
    amfe we're enemies now.

nibXTE7.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    IV is just awesome.

V though is...

futurama.avi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRn7YOO3KL8

488W936.png
    Gooey wrote: »
    should have kept the jheri curl

Even with universal translators they still couldn't understand jive in the 24th century.

nibXTE7.png
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    As a man, you have to see it. Like if your neighbour had a Ferrari. It's ok.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Jacques Pepin is a national treasure.

i don't care what nation you're talking about. Treasure.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    why does a GIS for "pillow chan" have almost no pillow chans?

why do you fail me, google.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Ze Frank is da bes

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    IPADJ.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Fuck you old muscley guy. Making me feel lazy for not working out all the time.

Irond Will wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xIwP2Jg6zw

Haha these are awesome!

http://www.yout ube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_266626&feature=iv&src_vid=Z-BbpaNXbxg&v=0aSCPmabRpM

Keep watching until the end.

which doesn't exist. but you're going to google it anyway.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    gkA5itv.jpg

Didn't you see my shirtless pic from a couple weeks ago?

Basically twins.

Senjutsu wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/wa tch?v=0xIwP2Jg6zw

This was my first thought also.

pillow chan "james franco"

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    American Psycho was written in 1991.

Did Bateman rock a mullet and jorts?

This discussion has been closed.