As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Back to the boring old thread title of [Weight Loss & Fitness]

godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
edited April 2013 in Social Entropy++
Every time Sassori and I go to her parents' house, we always get sent home with food.

And it's so delicious.

And none of it is healthy.

But I've been working out more regularly lately how about you guys?

godmode on

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    One of the bad things about following fitblrs is that I can't ever decide if I'm motivated or just horny

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Definitely horny

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    You have to use that arousal to your advantage: Commit to masturbating only after you finish your workout and not a moment sooner!

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I've actually been holding off on jerking it during the week so I can fuel my lifts with pent-up hostility and rage.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Well I know I lost weight last night.

I spent the night shitting and vomiting it out.

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Well I know I lost weight last night.

I spent the night shitting and vomiting it out.

A...awesome?

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Disagree

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/KmmZULPUEkQ

do you want to start shooting through walls with your forearm cannons

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am the worst

poo
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    I fell off the wagon. or, I slowly lowered myself off of the wagon. I still work out a little bit, but I'm eating crap and too much of it. it's the worst at night, as I feel like I need to constantly be snacking. Even after a pretty filling meal, and lots of water.

• Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    i am the worst

C'mon buddy, it's not that bad. I have lived the last 29 days on a diet of beer and meatball subs. Maybe you're only second worst?

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I've been on a diet for about 7 weeks now. Outside finding the right price to 'healthiness' ratio, it's not going that bad! I'm also working out every other day and adding more stuff as I go. Not seeing a ton of results yet, but I'm keeping at it.

• Options
    HalibutHalibut Passion Fish Swimming in obscurity.Registered User regular
    Oh thank god this thread is back. I was starting to worry I was just blind or crazy. I saw that bizarre penis enlargement thread because it said something about "size", and I was like "oh god, I missed 20 pages of weight loss/fitness progress." So I clicked the link and immediately thought "oh god, why did I come in here?"

Anyway, thanks @godmode

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure anyone who needs a penis enlargement thread has ever asked that question, Halibut.

• Options
    All in a day's work!

• Options
    Also, I was ready to chalk tonight up to a cheat day. I went to taco cabana and got a big quesadilla and some chips and queso. But then this thread happened and now I think I'm going to go lift so that I don't completely fuck today up..

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am the worst

C'mon buddy, it's not that bad. I have lived the last 29 days on a diet of beer and meatball subs. Maybe you're only second worst?

i'm going to the gym tomorrow, but that will be the first time in a month

my snowboarding pants i can barely button because i got so fat

i had to travel for work today and my boss got me some beers on the train ride back and then when i got to Penn Station i walked by the sub place and taco bell and kfc and pizza saying no, you will not have any, you fat fuck, and then i got to the end of the passageway and there was mcdonalds where i failed and then muttered angrily to myself on the subway ride home

it's pretty bad, these last few months

and my cripple knee is bothering me terribly

plus side, work might be slightly slowing down
    i'm going to the gym tomorrow
    i went to costco yesterday and bought a ton of chicken and brocolli and smoked and canned fishes of various types

poo
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Sorry diet, but the campus is closed for the snow storm, which means it's a snow day.
    I know I'm in my 20's and this shouldn't apply anymore, but snow day means cookie dough.

I don't make the rules.

• Options
    TallaclasseeTallaclassee you ever seen a lion limber up before it takes down a gazelleRegistered User regular
    Had a shit workout tonight but still managed to suffer through a cardio session. Kinda proud.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Haven't been working out lately, I kind of fucked up my shin or ankle or something the last time I ran, so I've been trying to stay off it. It's starting to feel probably good enough to run, but tomorrow's weather is going to be incredibly shitty, so I'll likely have to wait til at least Friday to get a run in.

• Options
    Fuck planks. Seriously, it's the only exercise that causes me to just yell out a string of expletives and scare all my animals.

• Options
    Also, my cat decided to lay down under me while doing them tonight.

• Options
    I'm hoping this is the last real big snowstorm of the season so I can really get back out and get ready for 5Ks, I hate treadmill running. I hate it.

• Options
    That sucks Geebs, but it might be a blessing. I have no idea if this applies to you, but I normally start back too soon after an injury and just prolong the recovery process.

Also, I'm with you in the treadmill. It's like someone took the worst parts of running and condensed them into an 3'x6' box.

• Options
    for like a week it was hovering around the forties and now it's like, in the teens and super goddamned windy and icy and we might get like five to seven inches of snow? blegh

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm only running around 20km a week at the moment, down from 30km in the middle of last year. Been that way for a while too, I hope i can push it back up once my life settles down a little.

Although I suspect the problem is simply that I'm lazy. I've got to at least buy a new bike once I get back to england.

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    Yay the thread is back! Not cycling in today as I am full of snot but cycled 90 miles on Saturday (seemingly up all the hills in the area) and commuted by bike Mon-Weds. Yesterday's ride home put me over 1000 miles so far this year. Preparation for July's silly ride is going well.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I bought the iron gym pull up bar and it doesn't fit my door. I didn't think to measure, never noticed my doorways as being freakishly large but apparently they are.

does anyone know of a larger sized pull up bar? google is useless and I don't want to go to a real life store if I don't have to, gonna order from amazon anyway once I return this.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    yay you're back thread! I missed you!

gym tonight. Leg night.

brain problems led me to almost breaking down into tears at least three times. Also led me to feeling so very intimidated by all the Big Men around me down in the weight room. I'm doing measly 40kg deadlifts and these guys are squatting like 120kg and shit.

Not to mention just being... you know fit. and big. and awesome. and then the other ladies. who were all fit. and awesome. and I... I am fat. and slightly less awesome.

Stupid brain.

But I got through the whole workout. Complete with managing 70 reps on the leg press in 2 minutes with a 20kg plate on the press.

not too bad. but now. sleep. because it's friday tomorrow and I can't wait for this week to be over.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    hey! you're just as awesome

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    yay you're back thread! I missed you!

gym tonight. Leg night.

brain problems led me to almost breaking down into tears at least three times. Also led me to feeling so very intimidated by all the Big Men around me down in the weight room. I'm doing measly 40kg deadlifts and these guys are squatting like 120kg and shit.

Not to mention just being... you know fit. and big. and awesome. and then the other ladies. who were all fit. and awesome. and I... I am fat. and slightly less awesome.

Stupid brain.

But I got through the whole workout. Complete with managing 70 reps on the leg press in 2 minutes with a 20kg plate on the press.

not too bad. but now. sleep. because it's friday tomorrow and I can't wait for this week to be over.

Props on banking a session when your head didn't want to. That's how it's done.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I much prefer my lifting days to cardio days.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I wish the weather would just warm up a little. It seems like the days where I want to take Mila out for a long walk/run the weather is just awful.

I don't want it to be summer, but if we're not going to get any snow then winter should just be over.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I'm using Lent to re-invigorate my diet and cut out all snacks, did something similar last year and lost 3kg but didn't keep it off. Cancelled my gym membership because I'm broke, and anyway some combination of squats and treadmill was doing something weird to my lower back. Should prolly get that looked at, it's been twinging intermittently for a couple of months now. Just been doing bodyweight stuff, pushups are great for low time investment feelgood factor.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Halibut wrote: »
    Fuck planks. Seriously, it's the only exercise that causes me to just yell out a string of expletives and scare all my animals.

I guess you haven't done squat pulses

Or "Drive The Race Car"

Or "SCRUB"

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    It's too cold to ride my bike to work most days, which makes it a lot harder to go by the climbing gym for a few hours after work, which means I've gone like once a week this year which is far too little. Had a good week last week though, and it was just barely warm enough for me to go on Monday since I was off work - presidents and what have you - and I've got my climbing crap with me so I can go today, long annoying trip be damned.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

Or "Drive The Race Car"

Or "SCRUB"
    My resistance training is at the point now where if I don't internally yell obscenities while I am moving the weight through the full range of motion then either the weight is too low or I'm correcting my form with intentionally lower than usual weights.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This week I am going to learn to make mashed sweet potatoes and hummus. Coincidentally both of those recipes involve putting a thing in a bowl and then fucking decking the shit out of it until it's food.

• Options
    godmode wrote: »

Or "Drive The Race Car"

Or "SCRUB"

I don't know what any of those things are. I do know that I don't want no scrubs.

I hate planks because I'm long and all my weight is in the middle and my cat has a death wish.

This discussion has been closed.