As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Journey: The [PHALLA] for New Earth - MAFIA & INFIDEL WIN

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Every room has abilities in it it seems.
    These abilities probably have a village best use.
    As a result we should probably be voting for how these abilities get used, then people in those rooms should try to use it as such.
    Mafia can try to put in a different order, but that will out somebody in the room (someone already said there are ways to track who is in what room). This would just give us another way to find mafia.
    Basically the fewer ways these abilities get used surreptitiously the better IMO.
    Anyone see something wrong with this idea?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Well, I would guess that room tracking is an operation of a room, so the mafia could mess with that, and even if you do scan a room where an altered order takes place, you probably won't narrow the list all that much. We may want to forbid certain rooms either via venting the air or another room constantly locking them down, just have one randomly assigned person do it and scan one of the lockdown rooms each night, so you'll know who the mafia is

Yes, Control.

Last time I started a day 1 kime wagon it turned into a day 1 "seer" call on me.

Surely things could not go any worse than that.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I'm in the airlock. There are suits here! Also a door. Should I open the door? y/n

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Also Void Slayer is probably a terrorist.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Retaba, to get used to killing him.

• BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Are we doing the same thing we did in the ss phalla game? What with the announcing what room we were in the day after?

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    What does opening the door do...

I resent being called one of these religious nut jobs. I totally love space and exploration.

Anyway I guess Anialos for now.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Are we doing the same thing we did in the ss phalla game? What with the announcing what room we were in the day after?

It worked pretty well for the village then, and there are even more rooms now!

• BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Hooray communication!

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    A sample Villager role PM follows, and will be included in the OP
    You are a Crewmember on the UEA Wang Fire, and part of humanity’s last and greatest attempt to escape the dying, worn-out Earth. Maybe you’re a cook, or an astrogator. Hell, you could be a janitor. At any rate, you’re not prepared for the sudden emergency facing the ship. Nevertheless, you’ll do what you can to ensure that the mission is a success.

You may use the Basic Ship Commands of any room on the UEA Wang Fire.

Win condition: Eliminate the True Keeper terrorists and any other threats facing the UEA Wang Fire.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    INANTP continues the pattern of taking actions resulting in my death in Phalla.

Revenge!

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Hmph my grudge target isn't playing. I feel lost.

MSL59.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    At least I didn't kill you Assuran!

Langly on
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Anialos - CATFIGHT!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Attention passengers: due to temporal anomalies associated with transition from The Ether, @Warban has taken the place of @Kaplar , his past self. Effective immediately, please refer to him by his new name. Thank you, and I do so hope you all remain alive.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Day 1 chicanery, go!
    Retaba - you need to be wary of the quiet ones.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    INANTP gets a grudge vote for his comments re:zombie hero on the dead boards in the CYOA phalla. Not that i really minded them, but they at least deserve a grudge vote in response.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Wait, what did I do?
    Anialos to start him on the road of disappointment.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Hmm... well, I'm out of grudges at the moment.

Gizzy because I like cats.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Assuming that the mechanics of this game will lend itself to the same strategies that worked on another game because they both involve both space and rooms is a gigantic leap in logic.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Yeah, somebody should get a spreadsheet going.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Assuming that the mechanics of this game will lend itself to the same strategies that worked on another game because they both involve both space and rooms is a gigantic leap in logic.
    It's a good start, though. If it ends up not being effective, that will become clear and we can try something else.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    What can I tell you about the airlock... there's EVA Suits, rad suits, and a space walk. The computer doesn't recommend taking a space walk without putting on the EVA Suit first.

The computer is very helpful.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

The computer is very helpful.

One does one's humble best.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Mill

you're up bud!

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Attention passengers: due to temporal anomalies associated with transition from The Ether, Warban has taken the place of Kaplar , his past self. Effective immediately, please refer to him by his new name. Thank you, and I do so hope you all remain alive.
    This makes warban a thousand times more suspicious.

Either that, or a time leaper arriving from the future to stop SERN.

But most likely the former.

• KiasKias Registered User regular
    Things that concern me (alternatively titled: Residual Paranoia from my first play through of System Shock 2):

1. Implication that there are more things that threaten the ship than we know about
    2. The keeper in the initial narration not coming up red
    3. Kime
    4. The scent of Burnage Phalla coming from the vents

steam_sig.png

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    MikeyCTS you have failed me for the last time.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Hey, is anyone else in the cargo hold? Is rummaging all you can do in here as well?

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS How dare you do your Lovecraftian phalla when I was too busy with work to play!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

I don't disagree, but tracking movements is going to be a bitch with all the paths and the ability to move two spaces.

Langly wrote: »

I don't disagree, but tracking movements is going to be a bitch with all the paths and the ability to move two spaces.

I can put something together tonight. I don't think it will be too much work to figure things out.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    INANTP (3): Mill, Assuran, Zombie Hero
    Anialos (3): Void Slayer, Gizzy, Retaba
    Kime (2): MrTLicious, Kias
    Retaba (2): Anialos, Iron Weasel
    Mikey CTS (2): Baidol, OL
    Void Slayer (1): BlahmcBlah
    Gizzy (1): Mikey CTS
    Mill (1): Malkor
    Warban (1): T_A

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Meditatively: Mill, for totally screwing up my spreadsheets in Phallantasy.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    I'm assuming that someone will have a way of checking to see who is in a location.

• MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Kime for 3-way vote tying shenanigans. Everybody loves a 3-way!

I'm assuming that someone will have a way of checking to see who is in a location.

There are a couple of rooms with abilities that help track where players are, in addition to whatever role abilities might be out there.

Liars should get caught pretty easily.

premium wrote: »
    There are a couple of rooms with abilities that help track where players are, in addition to whatever role abilities might be out there.

Liars should get caught pretty easily.
    Sounds like a plan.