As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    "Deaf god, she's wearing steam-punk goggles!" D:

-My reaction to a OKC image moments ago

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The impression I'm getting of Sandra Lee is she is every mom in America.

If everyone is white, middle class, from Connecticut, and has schizophrenia in their family

That's America.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Kwanzaa is a celebration of buttholes

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    It's like a crash course in how to make an overdecorated cake that is not only ugly, but unappetizing.

it's a butthole cake

for kwanzaa

No, this one I posted is her green noel cake.

It is significantly less objectionable than the kwanzaa cake, but it also takes like 50 times longer to make and is not really much more appealing.

I have watched her recipes like twice on tv. They're always something like:

Sandra Lee's Famous Devils Food Cake

Step 1: Go to the supermarket and buy a devil's food cake
    Step 2: cover it in chocolate chips
    Step 3: don't forget the kool whip!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Where is DK. I want him to say what he hated most about Prometheus

The entire movie. But I think what neatly summarizes it for me is the scene where they make it into the final chamber and they meet the engineer, and they're all so beaten down and sad. And the robit goes up to mr universe in grey body paint and talks to him in his own language: "Please mister alien, tell us what in the fuck is happening. Why did you do any of this? How rad are your people? Give us something."

GGWWWWAAAAAARRR!! ALIEN SMASH!!!

to be fair, we don't know what the robot said to the alien engineer. possibly it was something self-serving that convinced the engineer that humans (and their robots) were shit.

i think it was just like a rat going up to an exterminator and saying 'hey you're awesome lets hang out'

and the exterminator gasses the rat because it's an exterminator

The entire movie. But I think what neatly summarizes it for me is the scene where they make it into the final chamber and they meet the engineer, and they're all so beaten down and sad. And the robit goes up to mr universe in grey body paint and talks to him in his own language: "Please mister alien, tell us what in the fuck is happening. Why did you do any of this? How rad are your people? Give us something."

to be fair, we don't know what the robot said to the alien engineer. possibly it was something self-serving that convinced the engineer that humans (and their robots) were shit.

Yeah, I think the potential problem is we don't really know why
    the engineers wanted to kill us and try again. But we do know that they want us gone, so the engineer trying to kill all of the folks makes sense!

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Ok, but here's the thing about Sandra Lee:

I'd hit it

rRwz9.gif
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    kosh u r the worst :(

sig.gif
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to make PowerDVD play DVDs back with better upscaling? Hell, even no scaling would look better than the artifacting that is present in whatever it does. I've played with the TrueTheater settings and there's all kinds of junk around the black lines in animated shows (Specifically, I'm watching Avatar: The Last Airbender).

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Sandra Lee's Down-home Fruit Salad

Step 1: Buy two large cans of fruit cocktail
    Step 2: empty both into a large bowl
    Step 3: pick out the cherries. No one likes those.

Wqdwp8l.png
    wtf how is this guy not tom hardy

Logan+Marshall-Green+Marisa+Tomei+dating+c-DHdaQkh89l.jpg

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Oh, the Red Letter Media thing isn't a Plinkett review! Fuck it, nevermind.

Half in the Bag is good.

All the film smarts of Plinkett without the weird murder plots.

Lh96QHG.png
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I'd hit it
    She does have kind of a your friend's mom is a hot milf thing going on

The crew were pretty dumb, though, I agree. They are the reason why it's so middling. The movie seems kind of pointless and I think I would have rather seen
    what happens after they leave and go to an engineer homeworld rather than have to deal with fucking xenomorphs again.

tom hardy called he wanted the fact that you are him back

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

what's bad about this exactly

It's just ridiculous that you have this race of genetically engineered supermen who created all this incredible technology, such a potentially interesting story to tell, and they're just used as crazy boogeymen with no sense of self-preservation. The movie just seems to have no interest in telling a meaningful story. It's all organic hallways and bugs killing people. That was the ultimate expression of it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.

Half in the Bag is good.

The ones I found were like 4 minutes long. I want fucking two hour long fuck fests!

next engineer horror movie better be dead space

Engineers are cooler than Xenomorphs

fuck xenomorphs, they're just BDSM freaks

the engineers wanted to kill us and try again. But we do know that they want us gone, so the engineer trying to kill all of the folks makes sense!

So if you listen to the timing, the engineers decide they want to give up on humans and start over right around year 30 AD.
    the implication, apparently is that Jesus was an engineer emissary and when humans crucified him the aliens decided we weren't worth keeping around. but then they fucked up when getting their attack ships ready and the Aliens got out. it sounds pretty stupid but apparently it's basically what Ridley Scott intended

Wqdwp8l.png

It's just ridiculous that you have this race of genetically engineered supermen who created all this incredible technology, such a potentially interesting story to tell, and they're just used as crazy boogeymen with no sense of self-preservation. The movie just seems to have no interest in telling a meaningful story. It's all organic hallways and bugs killing people. That was the ultimate expression of it.

Oh, I agree with this then.

I thought you were like, "it makes no sense for the engineers to be doing this!"

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    "Deaf god

Children-of-a-Lesser-God-Playbill-04-80.jpg

rRwz9.gif

So if you listen to the timing, the engineers decide they want to give up on humans and start over right around year 30 AD.
    the implication, apparently is that Jesus was an engineer emissary and when humans crucified him the aliens decided we weren't worth keeping around. but then they fucked up when getting their attack ships ready and the Aliens got out. it sounds pretty stupid but apparently it's basically what Ridley Scott intended

dang i didn't get any of that but I think I was playing LoL as it was going on in the background

Jacobkosh wrote: »

I'd hit it

with a shovel

out of mercy

Wqdwp8l.png
    Are you guys still talking about Prometheus?

It wasn't that good! No need to discuss it for two days!

Nova_C wrote: »

what about the ME3 ending

I finally just watched it!

n8IZOMNIXIX1P.png

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Half in the Bag is good.

The ones I found were like 4 minutes long. I want fucking two hour long fuck fests!

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-prometheus/

Teh full review, rather than the Questions video, which is the four minuter.

Lh96QHG.png

Half in the Bag is good.

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-prometheus/

Teh full review, rather than the Questions video, which is the four minuter.

Ohhh, thanks!

I finally just watched it!

n8IZOMNIXIX1P.png

Suksus plz.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I thought you were like, "it makes no sense for the engineers to be doing this!"

If they're exterminators, they're exterminators, that's totally cool. It's just we never really get to explore that in any depth and their extermination techniques are dumber than that scene where Noomi Rapace runs directly along the path of the rolling space ship.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

Half in the Bag is good.

But the weird murder plots are half the fun!

It weren't too good I reckon

I still haven't played ME3.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    New Superman movie

Will it suck? Rock? Miss the mark? Triumph?

I'm hearing positive things, but growing up watching Chris Reeve be awesome leaves big boots, know what I'm saying?

That is the dumbest thing.

But it's no dumber than Predalien mouth raping townies or whatever the fuck Alien 4 is supposed to be.

So kind of a lateral move for the series.

Lh96QHG.png
    i liked the ME3 ending

and i especially liked that it generated so many nerd tears

it was a win-win

Wqdwp8l.png

If they're exterminators, they're exterminators, that's totally cool. It's just we never really get to explore that in any depth and their extermination techniques are dumber than that scene where Noomi Rapace runs directly along the path of the rolling space ship.

Haha yeah.

That was pretty cliche.

I agree it didn't live up to its potential but I don't think it's horrible and I don't hate it. I loved Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron.

i think it was just like a rat going up to an exterminator and saying 'hey you're awesome lets hang out'

and the exterminator gasses the rat because it's an exterminator

a rat that one of your dudes died to create?

I guess I don't really go in for these kind of analogies anyway. if rats could talk to us in our language, I'd be super curious to hear what they had to say, at least for a while. and if the rat looked basically just like me but smaller?

but mainly I just found the entire scene a massive cop-out. the movie had invited me to consider certain questions and then went NOPE IT'S ALIEN SMASH TIME

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.