As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    The usual BB leagues take forever to play and I can never participate meaningfully because I end up having something job or life related to do. I would be down dedicating a day to doing an 8-man round robin with semifinals and finals at the end. I'm fine playing fumbbl, too.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Speaking as an Amazon player: This video made me sigh with despair.

Fudging dwarves.

Oh Also I suppose I should mention I play this on occasion and feel free to add Albino Bunny on steam if you want.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Being a natural hermit and scared of new things, I still haven't played online. Though I have managed to eke out a few wins against the computer at last. Granted, it was my Amazons against Halflings, Ogres and Undead, but we all gotta start somewhere, right?

Still... I think I'm gonna switch over to an elf team. Just not sure which elf team.

• oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Is the PA league still active? I mean, I don't think I'm ready for any competitive play yet, but I really enjoyed what I've played of the game so far.

steam_sig.png
    Not really. At least I haven't played a game in ages. I've got a few teams kicking around, so you could just play in one of the open leagues. I'd be keen for a game if you catch me online.

steam_sig.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I stumbled upon some dudes streaming this the other day and now I want to play again.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'm tossing around the idea of a small(8?) 1 day tourney.. nothing set in stone yet so don't ask :P

50433.png?1708759015
    8 people would be a 14 hr tournie! Since most of my games took about 2hrs.

steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    We'll see in a bit, I just got my computer back up and running with basically new parts minus a new GPU and Case... I'm going to be spending a few days installing everything and setting it up how I want it so I'll think over it while I do that.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So anyone end up spending nontrivial time with Khorne?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    8 people would be a 14 hr tournie! Since most of my games took about 2hrs.

If you just do a DE playoff style tournie then the most games you will have to play is only 3.

steam_sig.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

For some reason I watched 30m of this but there were so many terrible plays I had to stop before I got angry.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    The moment I saw totalbiscuit build the worst cage imaginable i turned it off. It's an X not a +

• oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    To everyone complaining about that video, I dare you to endure 20 minutes of this one. I mean, even I couldn't stand so many stupid moves and gave up halfway through, and I'm a noob.

C'mon. 20 minutes. I dare you.

steam_sig.png
    oakke wrote: »
    To everyone complaining about that video, I dare you to endure 20 minutes of this one. I mean, even I couldn't stand so many stupid moves and gave up halfway through, and I'm a noob.

C'mon. 20 minutes. I dare you.

This one was great. Mainly because Jesse legitimately had never played before and Sidestrafe did his usual thing of over thinking every move till he got it slightly wrong.

I actually liked the Dodger vs TB match. Haven't watched Angry Joe's yet, he's supposed to be pretty good (by the leagues standards).

I said it COULD be interesting :) I agreed with Lawinator :)

steam_sig.png
    Ok who wants to play in a league, 2 games a week? Ditchers need not apply.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    In classic mode, do I have to be concerned about salaries during the campaign?

The salaries of the players increase as they level up. A higher salary means the player is worth more and therefore your team has a higher rating. At higher ratings you start to have "spiraling expenses" which means after each game you have to pay a set amount of money.

However, to answer your question, not really, it's never been an issue for me.

steam_sig.png
    In classic mode, do I have to be concerned about salaries during the campaign?

You never realistically need to be worried about them. It's more designed as a way to prevent big teams getting even bigger at the same rate than it is to cripple them.

• RichardRichard Registered User regular
    What is the difference in the background color of the block dice? It either shows 1-3 dices with red or yellow background. I understand that when the dice is red the defender chooses the dice but what does the background color mean?

Nothing AFAIK.

steam_sig.png
    Another question, I'm playing a campaign and have money but can't seem to buy more than one apothecary, am I missing something? It says the cost is 50k and I have 200k but I can't add more than one.

Richard wrote: »
    Another question, I'm playing a campaign and have money but can't seem to buy more than one apothecary, am I missing something? It says the cost is 50k and I have 200k but I can't add more than one.

you can only have one apothecary.

Because otherwise you might be able to save someone from death, and that'd be spoiling it.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Blood Bowl regulations limit teams to only 1 permanent apothecary cause the audience isn't there to watch players throw a ball around unless they are stupid elves.

steam_sig.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Blood Bowl regulations limit teams to only 1 permanent apothecary cause the audience isn't there to watch players throw a ball around unless they are stupid elves.

Skinks are pretty good at throwing the ball around as well, right?

Not sure if that's a joke or not, so I'll answer it properly. No, they have -1 to pass because of stunty, and only 3 agil.

steam_sig.png
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    They're good at running around with the ball, at least.

How much cheating is going on online in this game? My brother told me there was a lot in big leagues where you can choose your matches but is there dice hacks or devious crap like that? I was trying to get in on the PA league but I saw that the last game was in 2012 so perhaps it has died out.

Add me on Steam if you want to play a game or two.

I haven't played online significantly, but my experience is that it's all legit. You get a few folks who exit out of games when the dice isn't friendly to them, but otherwise it's all good.

The base online leagues aren't really leagues at all. They are just a place to play games, so you can pick opponents or play against randoms.

The PA leagues were just like a regular league where the games are mapped out and you can only play mapped out games. There is another option where it is essentially a ffa which gives you more flexibility (I.e. you can use the challenge rule from the rulebook) so if you don't play with trustworthy people there is the potential to abuse it.

steam_sig.png
    So Cyanide posted something on the BB facebook page today. A picture of a logo which says Blood Bowl II.

steam_sig.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Nope.

man, can't a real developer get the license? When the java program runs circles around a retail product its pretty sad.

Steam
    Unless they show something incredible in terms of what it is then I can't see why I'd buy a theoretical Blood Bowl II.

All they are missing from the current blood bowl are some of the community made tabletop teams.

It's laughable how Cyanide is trying to milk this product. It is only good because of the design, and nothing that cyanide has really done. Why not charge 20 more bucks for 4 more teams?

Steam
    I'll buy it if there's a community for it and it's on sale for 10 or less, but that's about it.

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    Passable AI would be nice. Though I will admit with shame that I hav elost to the AI on multiple occasions.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    I'm so boycotting that developer. Cyanide has completely fucked up the handling of this license, by completely fracturing the player base with a series of stand alone "expansions", with badly implemented match making and shoddy network connections, which requires third party sign in despite being bought through Steam and doesn't use the Steam friend list for invites. Goodwill completely flushed down the drain for me.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?