As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Cool. Ikea came and delivered the Henriksdal, Besta Burs, and Ektorp that my wife ordered.

Part of me wants to google what the hell these things are.
    The other part is enjoying the mystery of the three huge random brown boxes in my living room.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    who would even press charges

yes officer I would like you to arrest that man he was about to make my wall worth $42 million

Oh there is going to be that one guy. A 350lb shop owner, greasy forehead, disheveled hair, disgusting moustache. His eyes flick back and forth.

I don't care if 'e's the bloody queen of England! I will see him in shackles!!!

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Banksy's gonna go full on conceptual now

"Want this old bottle of yoohoo? it's a banksy! $1,000,000"

"want this pile of mud? it's a banksy!"

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Good job vandalizing that calendar, Hakkekage.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    That used condom is actually profoundly beautiful

hehehehehe he makes the requests ok

I disguised it as a butterfly net for plausible deniability

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    HOLY CRAP SARKS YOUR AV YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    hakkes was banksy the whole time!

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    he's just a dude, he's not like a CIA trained operative or whatever

if he gets caught eventually it wouldn't be surprising, i don't think

I'd be shocked if authorities at some level didn't already know who he was. Dude's a national treasure, it would be moronic to out or arrest him.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Podly wrote: »

Now it just needs pink hair for ultraviolentwhatthefuckery

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    @desc I am going to be in cali next weekend

<<

>>

I KNOW BRO

I made Gooey a gooby avatar but he won't use it because he's a fakin gooby

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I think the common düdle is critical to art

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I know I said I'd shut up about my class but this is the second essay that suggests the relationship between Huck and Jim is intentionally homoerotic and I have to share that because it's so wrong.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Death of the Author is possibly the most profoundly dumb thing ever

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

I KNOW BRO

Wait, did you miss the entire phase where he was gooby and I was dongy? This was a few months ago.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    who would even press charges

yes officer I would like you to arrest that man he was about to make my wall worth $42 million

Oh there is going to be that one guy. A 350lb shop owner, greasy forehead, disheveled hair, disgusting moustache. His eyes flick back and forth.

I don't care if 'e's the bloody queen of England! I will see him in shackles!!!

wot fotty too mil'on pounds for dat pile o' crap

its not even a bowl o' fruit or nuthin

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Speaking of really fucked-up healthcare... (The Stranger, possibly NSFW ads)

I KNOW BRO

Wait, did you miss the entire phase where he was gooby and I was dongy? This was a few months ago.

I wasn't here a few months ago, dongy

Organichu wrote: »
    he's just a dude, he's not like a CIA trained operative or whatever

if he gets caught eventually it wouldn't be surprising, i don't think

I'd be shocked if authorities at some level didn't already know who he was. Dude's a national treasure, it would be moronic to out or arrest him.

The 24-hour Graffiti Task Force is getting their hide stripped off them by someone

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yes this is on the FP of reddit and if it was posted already, I am sorry, but this isn't for points. I just find it fascinating and wonder how correct it is or if it's an oversimplification of graphics over the generations.

ChsSwUE.png

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Lacan was one of the few French attendees to lecture in English; Lacan makes a point of this gesture at the beginning of the lecture, titled "Of Structure as the Inmixing of an Otherness Prerequisite to Any Subject Whatever"

Zizek definitely wrote this wiki article, and he did so while masturbating furiously

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I'm working help tickets today, and one came in that's like
    [doctor] started a note for [patient], then the system dropped connection and she lost the note and had to make a new one.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Um....sorry, I guess? That sucks, but it sounds like you have solved the problem? Also this is definitely not a High priority ticket you dick.

vRyue2p.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I know I said I'd shut up about my class but this is the second essay that suggests the relationship between Huck and Jim is intentionally homoerotic and I have to share that because it's so wrong.

That could not be creepier.

I KNOW BRO

I wasn't here a few months ago, dongy

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT US

*slams door*

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    what's wrong with Huck and Hipster Jim gettin down

I made Ludious feel guilty.

I don't find the idea of diminishing returns on polygon count to be unreasonable.

It seems intuitive that it should be so.

Eddy wrote: »
    Lacan was one of the few French attendees to lecture in English; Lacan makes a point of this gesture at the beginning of the lecture, titled "Of Structure as the Inmixing of an Otherness Prerequisite to Any Subject Whatever"

Zizek definitely wrote this wiki article, and he did so while masturbating furiously

Zizek+frog+dance.gif

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yes this is on the FP of reddit and if it was posted already, I am sorry, but this isn't for points. I just find it fascinating and wonder how correct it is or if it's an oversimplification of graphics over the generations.

ChsSwUE.png

I don't know about the specific time frames or whatever but this is pretty common. Once you hit a certain point our brains just can't operate better even with more fidelity.

This applies temporally too - we work at about 100 Hz.

I'm 170 points away from @tyrannus on duolingo

YOU'RE GOING DOWN, BRO

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I approve of the return of Alonso

ChsSwUE.png

quite correct

meshs are often heavily simplified at some point in rendering (even if it's a preprocessing stage during dev), because you probably won't notice the loss of detail

this is especially true with things like bump mapping taking over the role of extra geometry

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Personally I think the per procedure model of healthcare is a shitty one that encourages overtesting, over utilization and profits over actual results.

Well, then you get into a similar problem as with education, where the results matter as much (or more) on the characteristics of the customer as they do on the effort or techniques of the professional. You start paying providers based on results and the only providers who treat the elderly, the poor, the mentally ill, and the obese are the providers who are doing it out of some internal moral compass.

Or

or

mandate

mandating on an individual level is bad times and we shouldn't go there

Or

or

or

NHS

Lighting is probably more important than poly count right now.

I made Ludious feel guilty.

Guilt? No. That is a feeling that you are incapable of making me feel. You are a straight white male. There is no plight that you could possibly possess that would activate that particular subroutine. What you did was annoy the piss out of me, and if I can forestall any satisfaction you'd receive by saying "olol I read reddit too", I will gladly steal it from you.

also y'all should get learnging german on duolingo

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    And now this other doctor is like WHY DOES THE PROGRAM WORK THIS WAY MAKE IT WORK A DIFFERENT WAY.

God I'm glad this isn't my actual job.

vRyue2p.png
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    hakkes was banksy the whole time!

mah cover is blown!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    i win ludious

i

win

on the internet

This discussion has been closed.