As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Oh my god having an image macro of Awesomes is the best idea I've had so far today.

This was my signature for a while:

agreements.png

It's like when you have a tip jar and you put a few bucks in there first just to get it started.

And that is definitely how these stupid things work.

I wonder if I still have my "render unto Caesar" one around here ...

I definitely feel kinda strange being the first to react to a post that isn't explicitly a reply to or directed at me.

Especially if it's from more than a few hours ago and posts in near proximity have reactions.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So that was a violent and bloody episode of Spartacus.

More than usual.

Which is saying something.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    The worst part about sleeping with your head in a pool of blood is when you jerk awake and it goes crick when you pull loose from the dried blood and then you regret things.

I just hate having to find a new pillow because the old one is wet.

Also I need to play The Longest Journey. I own it like twice.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I woke up once with my head stuck to the bed because I bled out of my ear during the night.

That's a nice thing to wake up to.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The worst part about sleeping with your head in a pool of blood is when you jerk awake and it goes crick when you pull loose from the dried blood and then you regret things.

it doesn't really form a proper pool on a pillow, though. The effect is more... picturesque when it's on the floor.

ftOqU21.png
    I simultaneously love and am depressed at how many people know enough to agree with my post on waking up in a pool of blood being annoying.

it doesn't really form a proper pool on a pillow, though. The effect is more... picturesque when it's on the floor.

Well, yeah, but for me anyway I get a seeping amoeboid shape of wet blood that ends up covering a significant portion of the pillow and stays wet for way too long.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

You have no idea how much you need to play it. It's the type of game that if it's described to you, it sounds a bit generic and done, but those games are a sum of all their parts...it's a package deal that is quite amazing together.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    pizza hangover

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I simultaneously love and am depressed at how many people know enough to agree with my post on waking up in a pool of blood being annoying.

don't get depressed on my behalf that was an awesome night. I spent a 1000 NOK on champagne and I didn't even get blood on my suit.

ftOqU21.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    this morning I had a hardcore episode of sleep paralysis.

That was super fun. :rollseyes:

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

It's an essential part of the human experience.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Oh my god having an image macro of Awesomes is the best idea I've had so far today.

agreements.png

It's like when you have a tip jar and you put a few bucks in there first just to get it started.

It's like the way that a laugh track can pull a few involuntary chuckles out of you or the way you might accidentally give a little noise of assent to a question asked in a voicemail from your parents.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Ludious wrote: »

You have no idea how much you need to play it. It's the type of game that if it's described to you, it sounds a bit generic and done, but those games are a sum of all their parts...it's a package deal that is quite amazing together.

Tons of games sound really dumb or basic or whatever and turn out amazing.

Try to explain like, Final Fantasy to someone. Or Mario. Or fuck man any Atlus game. I mean they don't sound generic but just like, weird as shit. Yet they're awesome.

dk I had a question I was going to ask you last night

but whiskey and pizza obliterated it from my mind

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Had chocolate-chip oatmeal this morning. Fookin' delicious.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Going to a decommissioned nuclear war command bunker is much more fun when drunk

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Was it about the PAX passes?

Try to explain like, Final Fantasy to someone. Or Mario. Or fuck man any Atlus game. I mean they don't sound generic but just like, weird as shit. Yet they're awesome.

I never could get into FF.

Except on my Game Boy, back in like 1993. That was cool. It was like Zelda, but with more reading.

FIND A DOCTOR YOU FESTERING HIPSTER

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    "The Son of God was crucified: there is no shame, because it is shameful.
    And the Son of God died: it is wholly credible, because it is unsuitable.
    And, buried, He rose again: it is certain, because impossible."
    I wonder why this argument never caught on.

Was it about the PAX passes?

no it feels like it was random

hrumph

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    When my mom sends me a voicemail they are so long. The worst part is, she never lets me get a word in edgewise when I am actually talking to her. She just vomits words and they never stop coming. So when I am listening to these long, banal drones I easily forget I am listening to a voicemail.

And then the "Bu..." It's ju.." "mom.."
    and then I remember again.

God damnit.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    When I had my lower jaw surgery I got to learn a lot about fluids like blood and their interactions with the bed.

Lots of fun.

488W936.png
    my wife has opened negotiations about this day's activity with: go to the jeweler, see about getting her ring reset

I need to come up with a counterproposal stat

FIND A DOCTOR YOU FESTERING HIPSTER

I am not a hipster. I can show you hipsters, they roam free in the wild round these parts. But not I, sir. Not I.

But yes, I am festering.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Fucking bullshit

apparently AT&T will offer me a discount on my service because I have an edu address, but when I go to log in they say my password and id are wrong, but if I use that same combination in the login form on the front page it works fine

so wtf AT&T

When my mom sends me a voicemail they are so long. The worst part is, she never lets me get a word in edgewise when I am actually talking to her. She just vomits words and they never stop coming. So when I am listening to these long, banal drones I easily forget I am listening to a voicemail.

God damnit.

Here's me and my dad on the phone:

"Hey, son, can you talk?"
    "Uh, I'm at work right now . . ."
    "Oh, well, then, let me *ramble on for twenty fucking minutes about something completely irrelevant*."

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    John Walker from RPS used to bring up Dreamfall at like every possible moment he loved it so much. I haven't seen him do it in a while now though. Hopefully it is just because it's an old game and not that the MRA idiots that have been raiding the comment sections lately that have gotten to him.

I never could get into FF.

Except on my Game Boy, back in like 1993. That was cool. It was like Zelda, but with more reading.

I have a sine wave of interest in the games. And gaming in general.

Getting into FF depends on the specific one and what you're looking for. I loved VI for a lot of reasons but honestly, other than that, I haven't gotten into an FF game the same way I have.. I guess Red Dead Redemption would be my most recent obsession.

Like there are individual mechanics from each that are cool and that, were I to design a game, I might incorporate (and track down Elder Scroll mods to implement them sometimes) but you can get that from about ten minutes of gameplay.

God damnit.

"Oh, well, then, let me *ramble on for twenty fucking minutes about something completely irrelevant*."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwjNBjqR-c

Corehealer wrote: »
    When I had my lower jaw surgery I got to learn a lot about fluids like blood and their interactions with the bed.

Lots of fun.

Look up what happens when you get a mastectomy sometime.

Blood tubes are present for recovery!

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

agreements.png

It's like the way that a laugh track can pull a few involuntary chuckles out of you or the way you might accidentally give a little noise of assent to a question asked in a voicemail from your parents.

ty3HR6Z.png

edited February 2013
    "Love you, bye"

"love you t-" to delete this message press 1 or press 2 for more options

fffffffff

Donkey Kong on
    my wife has opened negotiations about this day's activity with: go to the jeweler, see about getting her ring reset

Counterpropose giving her four hundred bucks to take some classes and reset it herself!

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Sobbing angrily on the floor of the jeweller's?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!

God damnit.

My dad has worked for 30 years selling big expensive things over the phone, so he has mastered the art of "keep it short and simple." My phone calls with him average around 2 minutes. It's kind of disappointing. I need to have highlights of my life ready to spitfire.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    John Walker from RPS used to bring up Dreamfall at like every possible moment he loved it so much. I haven't seen him do it in a while now though. Hopefully it is just because it's an old game and not that the MRA idiots that have been raiding the comment sections lately that have gotten to him.

Holy Jesus those chucklefucks have been getting on my nerves. And they disguise it as if they are concerned as readers about the site's direction. RPS has been socially aware and not a cesspit for a long time!

I guess Red Dead Redemption would be my most recent obsession.

I loved that game until about the 500th time I randomly got mauled by a cougar out of nowhere.

Like there are individual mechanics from each that are cool and that, were I to design a game, I might incorporate (and track down Elder Scroll mods to implement them sometimes) but you can get that from about ten minutes of gameplay.

I totally get this. I'm constantly yelling at the screen, "(Game X), why can't you be more like (Game Y)? We'd be having a lot more fun right now!"

Counterpropose giving her four hundred bucks to take some classes and reset it herself!

if a woman knows how to manipulate her own jewelry why the fuck does she need a man

worst $400 ever.

This discussion has been closed.