As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    i managed to not drink too much cuz i have to work today

No shaz
    Stahp

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Holy fuck, this ancient phone is blazing.

In the literal sense?

yes

yes the default assumption for things like this should always be literally.

You should consider flaying yourself alive. I wonder if I mean that in a figurative sense or not.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Leveling is a dumb abstraction

Death to leveling

Leveling is the mechanism that makes the player feel like they've earned something and are rewarded for their efforts by awesome gear.

Maybe we should all get awesome gear from the start.

I usually play games more for characters and stories and stuff, so I like the idea that whats her face is becoming a kick ass mage not because I've assigned her to it but because she's been burning goblins to death for the last month.

Oh, I'm definitely a story guy. Dragon Age>Skyrim.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I kind of feel like playing a video game

If there's one thing people love to complain about, it's when others treat another group as worth making happy.

Yeah, I hate those others.

Always looking for handouts and a lack of public stonings, trying to steal my bootstraps.

I ordered dark siders 2 for super cheap

and I should have gone to pick it up at the store because then I could play it now

but instead I had it shipped

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Death to leveling

Leveling is the mechanism that makes the player feel like they've earned something and are rewarded for their efforts by awesome gear.

I usually play games more for characters and stories and stuff, so I like the idea that whats her face is becoming a kick ass mage not because I've assigned her to it but because she's been burning goblins to death for the last month.

I have not played nearly enough games lately, sadly. I really need to play more Catherine.

Now there is a game driven by characters. And nothing else, pretty much.

edited February 2013

I eagerly await the day when video games play us.

It's a soviet thing.

Atomika on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Holy fuck, this ancient phone is blazing.

In the literal sense?

yes

yes the default assumption for things like this should always be literally.

You should consider flaying yourself alive. I wonder if I mean that in a figurative sense or not.

Sorry, posting from my phone and meant to post my :P. Next time I make a joke I'll make sure to get your permission to ensure no one has pissed in your corn flakes first and somehow offend you.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    my wife has opened negotiations about this day's activity with: go to the jeweler, see about getting her ring reset

I need to come up with a counterproposal stat

Counterpropose giving her four hundred bucks to take some classes and reset it herself!

if a woman knows how to manipulate her own jewelry why the fuck does she need a man

worst $400 ever.

I know how to do basic jewelry stuff.

I am not really attracted to men.

Your hypothesis is bulletproof.

my hypotheses are always bulletproof

I wonder if wrapping a PhD thesis in a kevlar book cover will help me in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xEe1Y2WMCs

488W936.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    If there's one thing people love to complain about, it's when others treat another group as worth making happy.

Always looking for handouts and a lack of public stonings, trying to steal my bootstraps.

We also want special rights, like the ability to not be fired for arbitrary stuff.

We're basically the worst kind of parasites.

it arrived at the post office: AUSTIN, TX, United States 02/21/2013

and yet delivery is not expected until 2/25

yesss, take 4 days to get me my package in the same fucking town usps

yesss

Corehealer you have a thing for posting videos when I am at work : (

Which is a lot of the time so I can't really blame you.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

It's a soviet thing.

Human Computer interfacing!

Then we can really work those romance options.

488W936.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

No shaz
    Stahp

wat u want me to do

poo

Death to leveling

I have not played nearly enough games lately, sadly. I really need to play more Catherine.

You're probably like the rest of us, growing old, gaining responsibility, doing things that require those precious minutes we used to spend at 3 am blasting metroids or whatever.

Now I mostly just sleep and drink cocktails in my free time. I'm such a grown up. It sucks.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Try the Metal Gear Rising demo.

Corehealer wrote: »

It's a soviet thing.

I don't know how you can trust someone who doesn't give you root access to their kernel files.

No shaz
    Stahp

wat u want me to do

zug zug

but instead I had it shipped

bad news.

they're using an actual ship.

emnmnme wrote: »

Try the Metal Gear Rising demo.

I have never played a metal gear game

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Is it wrong that I'm sadder about the Mako 'dying' after exiting the conduit than leaving Ashley on Virmire?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Is it wrong that I'm sadder about the Mako 'dying' after exiting the conduit than leaving Ashley on Virmire?

Nope.

Death to leveling

You're probably like the rest of us, growing old, gaining responsibility, doing things that require those precious minutes we used to spend at 3 am blasting metroids or whatever.

Now I mostly just sleep and drink cocktails in my free time. I'm such a grown up. It sucks.

It is mostly that. Well, actually the big thing is that work has expanded and though it's only part time, it's six days a week and I get home exhausted at six or seven and don't want to do anything. And I'm off to grad school soon hopefully, so... well, yeah.

I have honestly thought recently that it's kickass that hormones do stuff passively so I can become more awesome without having to set aside time for it. Which is a sad thought, but also awesome because everything about that is awesome.

I like posting videos.

I also like teasing you.

488W936.png
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    fuck da mako

We also want special rights, like the ability to not be fired for arbitrary stuff.

I'd kick you all out of here myself if you hadn't all already, but I can't get my boots on.

Because my straps are STOLEN

I'm down to a tasteful open-toed sandal. That's unsuitable.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

No shaz
    Stahp

wat u want me to do

It's Saturday. Do not work. Drink mimosas

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Oh god. It looks like I'm getting up at 3am or just past if I want enough time to flood my body with caffeine before driving home after taking Mum to the airport.

2zgi1ia.jpg

@irondwill prepares for a gundam marathon

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    The best part with the Mako is once you hit max level and don't need to worry about exp anymore, you just use the Mako as much as possible and blow the fucks out of everything.

I like posting videos.

I also like teasing you.

You tease.

It's a soviet thing.

I don't know how you can trust someone who doesn't give you root access to their kernel files.

Not on a first date.

488W936.png

I'd kick you all out of here myself if you hadn't all already, but I can't get my boots on.

Because my straps are STOLEN

I'm down to a tasteful open-toed sandal. That's unsuitable.

Scary people are stealing honest Americans' bootstraps and using them for kinky BDSM.

It's a soviet thing.

Not on a first date.

Not ever.

I don't even give SOs read access on my computers >.>

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

No shaz
    Stahp
    Deebaser is right. Working on a Saturday is the time you should be drinking too much. Stop not drinking too much!

Thanatos on
    So It Goes wrote: »
    fuck da mako

FAK U

The best part with the Mako is once you hit max level and don't need to worry about exp anymore, you just use the Mako as much as possible and blow the fucks out of everything.

I used the Mako to blow everything up all the time anyway. I didn't wittle things down and then get out to kill them on foot. I never needed to worry about my level in any Mass Effect game.

It's a soviet thing.

Not on a first date.

Not ever.

I don't even give SOs read access on my computers >.>

Secretssssssssss...

488W936.png
This discussion has been closed.