As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Loving my classic IBM keyboard - it there a way to remap keys so I get the "Windows keys"?

I'm running Windows 7 & 8 and I wonder if there is a way to make it so that some of the unused keys act like the two "Windows" keys?

Like say make so that when pressing Scroll Lock it's like I was pressing the windows key normally found between CTRL and ALT on modern keyboards.

Bones heal, glory is forever.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    One of these might do it.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Depending on how old your Model M is, it might be time to consider upgrading?

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Thank you both.

Looks like the key-mappers should do the trick. Otherwise getting one of those new ones may be called for only it will feel a little silly replacing my Model M - after all it's a recent one from the late eighties :-)

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Damn, I like that keyboard, but 100 bucks. Ugh

• Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Damn, I like that keyboard, but 100 bucks. Ugh

Depending on what you do, it's totally worth it. I program for a living, and a good keyboard is one of the best investments I've ever made. Seriously, if you spend more than 8 hours a day in front of a keyboard you should sink something into getting a really nice one.

I use a rosewill at home which was a little less than 80 bucks when I got it. At work I've got a knesis. They're nice, but if you get one, find one to test-drive for like a month to decide if you like it.

Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    You can sell your M I'm sure. I have one, and I much prefer not having the Windows keys. I can't be .the only one.