As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    If I were a good brother / uncle, I would start heading to my brother's place in like an hour, grab some beer on the way, and then we can watch the hockey game tonight.

The baby does not get the beer.

Unless he asks nicely.

... Today is a hard day to plan.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    If I were a good brother / uncle, I would start heading to my brother's place in like an hour, grab some beer on the way, and then we can watch the hockey game tonight.

The baby does not get the beer.

Unless he asks nicely.

... Today is a hard day to plan.

You'd think the King of Canada would know how to delegate.

488W936.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    i managed to not drink too much cuz i have to work today

No shaz
    Stahp

wat u want me to do

It's Saturday. Do not work. Drink mimosas
    tell dis to the client

i need job that is not client services type

but i nat kno wat job to do

poo
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    clients suk

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I've also forgotten where the nursing home where my grandmother lives is.

... Don't look at me like that, [chat].

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Right now I am watching house of cards with my father as my mom and wife paint the new room. Two generations o awful husbands in da house

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I think I need to... go back to sleep. Ok bye.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    ravon wtfak, did you go to health center

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I kind of feel like playing a video game

I eagerly await the day when video games play us.

It's a soviet thing.

Human Computer interfacing!

Then we can really work those romance options.

I don't know how you can trust someone who doesn't give you root access to their kernel files.

Not on a first date.

Not ever.

I don't even give SOs read access on my computers >.>

Secretssssssssss...

Not really! I am just a private and introverted person and I need time and space to feel secure just by myself.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Well I will never use the USPS to send anything ever again. We sent my wife's background check packet off to VA.
    Yeah according to tracking it's out for delivery in TX.

...oh this isn't time sensitive or job effecting or anything.

God damnit, I hope the USPS crumbles.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Leveling is a dumb abstraction

Death to leveling

Leveling is the mechanism that makes the player feel like they've earned something and are rewarded for their efforts by awesome gear.

Maybe we should all get awesome gear from the start.

I usually play games more for characters and stories and stuff, so I like the idea that whats her face is becoming a kick ass mage not because I've assigned her to it but because she's been burning goblins to death for the last month.

Oh, I'm definitely a story guy. Dragon Age>Skyrim.

I have not played nearly enough games lately, sadly. I really need to play more Catherine.

Now there is a game driven by characters. And nothing else, pretty much.

You're probably like the rest of us, growing old, gaining responsibility, doing things that require those precious minutes we used to spend at 3 am blasting metroids or whatever.

Now I mostly just sleep and drink cocktails in my free time. I'm such a grown up. It sucks.

It is mostly that. Well, actually the big thing is that work has expanded and though it's only part time, it's six days a week and I get home exhausted at six or seven and don't want to do anything. And I'm off to grad school soon hopefully, so... well, yeah.

I have honestly thought recently that it's kickass that hormones do stuff passively so I can become more awesome without having to set aside time for it. Which is a sad thought, but also awesome because everything about that is awesome.

It's not the hormones that make you awesome.

But having a nice rack never hurt. ;)

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think I need to... go back to sleep. Ok bye.

Please get yourself fixed up first.

edited February 2013
    Scary people QUILTBAG Mexican jihadists are stealing honest Americans' bootstraps and using them for kinky BDSM.

Atomika on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

No shaz
    Stahp

wat u want me to do

tell dis to the client

I thought you were in quantitative analysis. Why the fuck are clients working on the weekend. That client is a dick

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I want to see mail trucks abandoned in the streets. Postal workers fired mid delivery. I want to see the facilities shuttered.

private industry warbl garbl

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Right now I am watching house of cards with my father as my mom and wife paint the new room. Two generations o awful husbands in da house

great show though

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Aahahahaha.

ME1
    The final confrontation with Saren.

When he describes his reaper implants and how greatly improved he is by 'union of flesh and machine'

all I could think of was how the idiot who wrote the green ending to ME3 very obviously didn't play ME1 at all.

Ludious wrote: »
    Well I will never use the USPS to send anything ever again. We sent my wife's background check packet off to VA.
    Yeah according to tracking it's out for delivery in TX.

...oh this isn't time sensitive or job effecting or anything.

God damnit, I hope the USPS crumbles.

They lost my wife's immigration paperwork . . . twice.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I want to see mail trucks abandoned in the streets. Postal workers fired mid delivery. I want to see the facilities shuttered.

Nobody has ever had problems with private delivery companies.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm bored, i really want to play more Revengeance.

BUT NOOOO, I GOTTA STUUUUDY! BLEUGH!

Couscous wrote: »

I've had a hell of a lot less of them

Aahahahaha.

ME1

When he describes his reaper implants and how greatly improved he is by 'union of flesh and machine'

all I could think of was how the idiot who wrote the green ending to ME3 very obviously didn't play ME1 at all.

Saren's "union" isn't so much a union as it is being slowly turned inside out by evil nanobots.

Sarksus wrote: »
    Leveling is a dumb abstraction

Death to leveling

Leveling is the mechanism that makes the player feel like they've earned something and are rewarded for their efforts by awesome gear.

Maybe we should all get awesome gear from the start.

I usually play games more for characters and stories and stuff, so I like the idea that whats her face is becoming a kick ass mage not because I've assigned her to it but because she's been burning goblins to death for the last month.

Oh, I'm definitely a story guy. Dragon Age>Skyrim.

I have not played nearly enough games lately, sadly. I really need to play more Catherine.

Now there is a game driven by characters. And nothing else, pretty much.

You're probably like the rest of us, growing old, gaining responsibility, doing things that require those precious minutes we used to spend at 3 am blasting metroids or whatever.

Now I mostly just sleep and drink cocktails in my free time. I'm such a grown up. It sucks.

It is mostly that. Well, actually the big thing is that work has expanded and though it's only part time, it's six days a week and I get home exhausted at six or seven and don't want to do anything. And I'm off to grad school soon hopefully, so... well, yeah.

I have honestly thought recently that it's kickass that hormones do stuff passively so I can become more awesome without having to set aside time for it. Which is a sad thought, but also awesome because everything about that is awesome.

It's not the hormones that make you awesome.

But having a nice rack never hurt. ;)

Haha. Well, they are what makes me feel awesome. I was wracked with anxiety and stress my whole life about everything and would have periods of depression but since regulating them I've felt consistently fantastic. And acted differently too, everyone in my house has noticed that I am appreciably happier and more bubbly.

The rack helps a lot. I have a part of my psyche (related to OCD) that provides intrusive thoughts that have usually been "I hate myself" or "I hate everything" and recently all it's said is "my body is awesome."

I appreciate the support :)

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

I've had a hell of a lot less of them
    That anecdotal evidence is bulletproof.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I only had one time the USPS lost a package. otherwise everything seems to get there on time. sent a priority mail job app this week that was fine.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Die Hard 5 is mindless and silly, but in a good way!
    Direct ripoff homage to the first one with that Hans Gruber style death much?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    hmm I kinda wish I followed hockey or some other sport besides football

watching a game sounds fun right now

Scary people QUILTBAG Mexican jihadists are stealing honest Americans' bootstraps and using them for kinky BDSM.

Scary people is my favorite phrase because everyone can fill it in how they want.

QUILTBAG Mexican jihadists are a good mad lib solution.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    My problem with private delivery is on the receiving side. Wife is home all day yet we constantly get "sorry we missed you" notices on our front gate. Lazy shits.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    hmm I kinda wish I followed hockey or some other sport besides football

watching a game sounds fun right now

sc2casts.com

About a month ago, Rouslan Toumaniantz, a well known and sometimes notorious Belgium-based tattoo artist (of Tattoo Box in Kortrijk), and Lesya, a designer living at the time in Saransk, a city in central Russia started talking via chat (Rouslan speaks fluent Russian) and realized they had a lot in common, and quickly began falling head over heels in love. About a week ago they met in person in Moscow and decided to get married.

Her new facial tattoo reads “RUSLAN”, the name of her betrothed.

ruslan-1.jpg

Lesya-Toumaniantz-1-600x501.jpg

I don't think it's bad looking

but jesus christ that is moving fast

and its awfully possessive which squicks me a bit

Scary people is my favorite phrase because everyone can fill it in how they want.

I think I'm going to open up a QUILTBAG Mexican Jihadist food truck.

With korean bbq.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

No shaz
    Stahp

wat u want me to do

tell dis to the client

I thought you were in quantitative analysis. Why the fuck are clients working on the weekend. That client is a dick
    i'm a "consultant"
    basically

this client is demanding and has too many crazy deadlines and is too involved in changing shit around

i nat appreciate dis

the normal at this jerb and the expectation is a 45-50 hr wrk week, sometimes above sometime less
    but i been workin more than that lately and is unacceptable

how i find good job?

this is only real job i ever had

poo
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I dunno

dude looks like this

85D2963567D8D3C9AB3096B3C21D18.jpg

next to which, having mere text on your face seems tame

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    About a month ago, Rouslan Toumaniantz, a well known and sometimes notorious Belgium-based tattoo artist (of Tattoo Box in Kortrijk), and Lesya, a designer living at the time in Saransk, a city in central Russia started talking via chat (Rouslan speaks fluent Russian) and realized they had a lot in common, and quickly began falling head over heels in love. About a week ago they met in person in Moscow and decided to get married.

Her new facial tattoo reads “RUSLAN”, the name of her betrothed.

ruslan-1.jpg

Lesya-Toumaniantz-1-600x501.jpg

I don't think it's bad looking

but jesus christ that is moving fast

and its awfully possessive which squicks me a bit

ummmmmmm

i'm a "consultant"
    basically

this client is demanding and has too many crazy deadlines and is too involved in changing shit around

i nat appreciate dis

the normal at this jerb and the expectation is a 45-50 hr wrk week, sometimes above sometime less
    but i been workin more than that lately and is unacceptable

how i find good job?

this is only real job i ever had

1) search for jobs on linkedin, indeed
    2) apply
    3) interview
    4) new job

I think I'm going to open up a QUILTBAG Mexican Jihadist food truck.

With korean bbq.

I would shop there.

I love me some QUILTBAG meat.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Aahahahaha.

ME1

Saren's "union" isn't so much a union as it is being slowly turned inside out by evil nanobots.

That sounds likes rationalization born of indoctrination to me.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    She is stunningly beautiful. It is a testament to her beauty that you can still see it under all that shit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I have never had a problem with the Post Office. I have only ever had problems with FedEx and UPS.

Mostly FedEx though.

Don't use FedEx.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.