As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    anyway it's not the prop bombers we've been intercepting.

and anyway, we're not going to go to war with russia.

ftOqU21.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

They flew the Bear bombers around Alaska a few times. The news tried to make a deal out of it.

nibXTE7.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    $45 roundtrip amtrak san to lax

I thought there was a train station in carlsbad, though

and you aren't actually in la, right? in OC somewhere?

right now i'm in redondo beach which is LA county and not Orange county.

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Casual don't we still have like the third or forth best funded military in the world.

Shambles seems a tremendously comparative term here.

bombers have kinda... peaked, tech-wise.

all you need them to do is be relatively cheap to fly, and be able to carry a lot and carry it far.

Orbital bombers would be the peak of bomber tech. Launch from Andrews, strike anywhere in the world. 30 minutes or it's free.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Idk what you gain there that we don't already have with ICBMs.

well, you can use them to drop regular bombs. That's useful, atleast. Can't do that with an ICBM because send one of those up with a sticker saying CONVENTIAL BOMB, HONEST and the nukes would start flying everywhere.

ftOqU21.png

They flew the Bear bombers around Alaska a few times. The news tried to make a deal out of it.

yeah, we've been talking about the interceptions for a long time now. They're all entirely undramatic.

It's just good practice, for both russia and NATO.

ftOqU21.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    I mean seriously their main bomber is from 1952 and prop powered.

2sI3mp4.jpg
    aYRkv4d.jpg

Their only hope is that a war would be like that scene in the Simpsons, when Sideshow Bob steals the Wright Flyer and it's so slow the F-16's can't engage it.

They're still equipped with nuclear cruise missiles

Nuclear cruise missiles don't do much when the planes get intercepted pretty much as soon as they're out of Russian airspace.

i hate to tell you this but those crappy prop bombers have made it into Alaskan air space

reading about it was what started me talking about this in the first place

when they have nukes it only takes one to get a shot off and you can kiss goodbye to a city

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I mean seriously their main bomber is from 1952 and prop powered.

2sI3mp4.jpg
    aYRkv4d.jpg

Their only hope is that a war would be like that scene in the Simpsons, when Sideshow Bob steals the Wright Flyer and it's so slow the F-16's can't engage it.

the american main strategic bomber is also from 1952.

They've continuously upgraded the B-52 though, and switched it to jet power. The only 50's left about it is the frame. We have more B-1B's than B-52s at this point, too.
    And the only knock against the B-52 airframe is that it's not stealth. It was a fantastic design that will probably last well into the 2040s

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Orbital kinetic kill vehicles are where it's at.

nibXTE7.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I just ran about 2 miles out in this bullshit weather.

I can't even describe how warm it feels inside right now.

so warm

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    I think the russians have more Tu-22s, just like the US have way more Lancers now.

ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    syndalis wrote: »

so warm

i went to macy's today to look at clothes

i was displeased with the trip

Casual wrote: »
    i hate to tell you this but those crappy prop bombers have made it into Alaskan air space

reading about it was what started me talking about this in the first place

when they have nukes it only takes one to get a shot off and you can kiss goodbye to a city

They didn't make it there secretly though. They were tracked the whole way along. It's not like we got surprised, they only sent up fighters to intercept because what else is there to do in Alaska?

nibXTE7.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    Casual don't we still have like the third or forth best funded military in the world.

Shambles seems a tremendously comparative term here.

well that's kind of my point

for the amount of money we spend, other nations are stronger than us

it turns out it's not how much you spend it's what you spend it on, and spending half your military budget on contractors management bonuses does not give you a strong military

the Americans may have enough money to play that game and still have money left to actually make a military out of but we don't

wait, into alaskan air space?

that's cheeky. They never try to fly above our territorial waters, just cutting it a bit close sometimes.

ftOqU21.png
    Cancel the Osprey, cancel the F-35, build the F-23, haters gonna hate.

nibXTE7.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Organichu wrote: »

so warm

i went to macy's today to look at clothes

i was displeased with the trip

My medium sized clothes are unwearable and my larges are getting snug.

All this weed has not been helping.

So I am going full court press against my fatness for a while now. Gonna get back to sub 200 again.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Supersonic propellers are a godawful idea.

You can make them work, but it's one of those engineering your way beyond the theoretical limits of a poor design kind of deals.

Also the vibration makes the fatigue life of anything they're attached to horrifically short.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I'm sure all spiders dying would have some negative effect on ecology but.

Think how much we would learn by studying the aftereffects of a spider-free Earth. It will totally be worth the downside.

In a decade, as the last humans choke to death from the thick swarms of flies filling their every orifice, feasting, they will remember this post and wordlessly curse your name.

After the eradication of all spiders the niche of bug consumption is filled in by modified humming birds making the world objectively better.

w0qctw.png

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

r/fitness posts muscles

r/running posts bleedy nippes

I hate the diamond wing shape of all the proposed next-generation jets.

Gimme the MiG-29.

ftOqU21.png

why are ...

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I bought the $70 Dreamfall Chapters kickstarter package because Ragnar Tornquist made my cold icy heart feel something akin to emotions

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    God, the opening to ME2 is so awful.

On the one hand you could call it "bold" but it's bold in the sense that walking up to a new mother and slapping her baby in the face as hard as you can is bold.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    $45 roundtrip amtrak san to lax

I thought there was a train station in carlsbad, though

and you aren't actually in la, right? in OC somewhere?

right now i'm in redondo beach which is LA county and not Orange county.

this will not do

oirotv.png

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Speaking of exercise going to put in maybe a couple of hours or so on the trainer tomorrow.

Riding to work the other day made me realise just how quickly it is possible to lose the edge off one's fitness, given my bike has only been broken since the end of january.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

why are ...

chafing

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to watch this week's Community but I have to pause it every 20 seconds to feel sad.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    bombers have kinda... peaked, tech-wise.

all you need them to do is be relatively cheap to fly, and be able to carry a lot and carry it far.

Orbital bombers would be the peak of bomber tech. Launch from Andrews, strike anywhere in the world. 30 minutes or it's free.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Idk what you gain there that we don't already have with ICBMs.

well, you can use them to drop regular bombs. That's useful, atleast. Can't do that with an ICBM because send one of those up with a sticker saying CONVENTIAL BOMB, HONEST and the nukes would start flying everywhere.

Oh sure, of course.

I was speaking more from a purely technical aspect, rather than a geopolitical one.

Lh96QHG.png

are you huffing the drugs?

it's badical. the moment where you step out into the silence of the vacuum is so good.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

so warm

I've done nothing all day

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm trying to watch this week's Community but I have to pause it every 20 seconds to feel sad.

Nerds make ya sad?

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Normally we wouldn't concern ourselves with adultery because then hotels wouldn't exist

ok I laughed

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I dare say the Rooskies may want to poke our bear a bit more than yours, Abdy.

Lh96QHG.png
    playing some XCOM.

Had to start again because the game crashed on me yesterday and the bloody thing doesn't autosave.

ftOqU21.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

are you huffing the drugs?

it's badical. the moment where you step out into the silence of the vacuum is so good.
    large empty voids reminds him of vaginas, and he's instantly taken out of the game

The sound of stirring velveeta shells and cheese has the same effect

Deebaser wrote: »

so warm

I've done nothing all day

that's not true

you were duped by the missus

Sarksus wrote: »

why are ...

chafing

but

worst sport

Tav wrote: »

I thought it was pretty good.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.