As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    skippy i am excited to give you a hug (i'll be wearing The Shirt so you'll feel minimal squish)

Dammit, a few months ago I didn't care that y'all were going to PAX without me but now I'm all invested. :(

Take me with you.

It gets worse during when they start posting pictures of themselves having fun

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    skippy i am excited to give you a hug (i'll be wearing The Shirt so you'll feel minimal squish)

Dammit, a few months ago I didn't care that y'all were going to PAX without me but now I'm all invested. :(

Take me with you.

Do eeeeeeet

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cinders wrote: »

Take me with you.

saturday evening i post a pic of me, grinning at the camera, face covered in what you all assume is chocolate

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

Take me with you.

*looks at suitcase*

*looks at you*

*glances at skippy*

*shakes head sadly*

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljbe8ewSG21qbehdo.gif

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I have the best deal, so I'll never get rid of HBO. $49 (including taxes) for Comcast's highest speed internet option + basic cable with HBO. I don't get HD service, but it doesn't matter, because I just watch everything on HBO GO.

And I also use Hulu+/Netflix, and I'd rather pay for that than HD-DVR service.

@Elki

Who did you kill for this deal? I pay $73 a month just for internet, and not even the fastest tier.

nibXTE7.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Also there are nowhere near enough Vidya soundtracks on Amazon MP3 or other services.

Assassin's Creed II is a rare and prized exception, but for others my only option is to import at considerable expense.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Take me with you.

saturday evening i post a pic of me, grinning at the camera, face covered in what you all assume is chocolate

See Raven. Not going is the smart choice. Now you won't get pink eye from chu.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Also there are nowhere near enough Vidya soundtracks on Amazon MP3 or other services.

Assassin's Creed II is a rare and prized exception, but for others my only option is to import at considerable expense.

FirstVirtualWorldProblems

(though AC2 did have a sweet soundtrack, sorta tempted to look that one up moiself)

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    i want to go to a pax too :(

make one in Europe damn you

i mean really

fucking AUSTRALIA gets one and we don't?!?

Out of sheer absolute laziness and completely ignoring the financial or logistical issues, I want BelfastPAX.

i wouldn't mind going to Ireland one day

still never been

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I have the best deal, so I'll never get rid of HBO. $49 (including taxes) for Comcast's highest speed internet option + basic cable with HBO. I don't get HD service, but it doesn't matter, because I just watch everything on HBO GO.

Elki

Who did you kill for this deal? I pay $73 a month just for internet, and not even the fastest tier.

Same.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

Take me with you.

a-alex?

For what I have eaten today my blood sugars are surprisingly stable!

To celebrate, I have slipped into comfy jimjams.

I love the term "jimjams."

or "pjamjams"

I giggle every time.

Then check to see if my dick&balls are real or an illusion.

Coming from the archipelago the word jimjams originates from, I am immune to its emmasulation effect and can forgo the saving throw to preserve my manhood.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

Take me with you.

See Raven. Not going is the smart choice. Now you won't get pink eye from chu.

But I'll have all the pink eye immunities by then. My body is rebelling as we speak.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    For what I have eaten today my blood sugars are surprisingly stable!

To celebrate, I have slipped into comfy jimjams.

I love the term "jimjams."

or "pjamjams"

I giggle every time.

Then check to see if my dick&balls are real or an illusion.

Coming from the archipelago the word jimjams originates from, I am immune to its emmasulation effect and can forgo the saving throw to preserve my manhood.

I can also say "jolly good", "spiffy" and "crumpet" without penalty under the same benefit.

it's been like 38 years since i had pink eye, i'm clean

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I am fond of Brewdog Punk IPA but Cesca hates it with a passion.

I found that on tap in Barcelona, although I think that was a rare thing. More likely to be bottled. Rare kegs seem to turn up like that for a lot of craft brewers

I think they are very deliberately pushing an export-based business model. They did a thing not long ago where they were encouraging people to buy equity in the company, and it was basically to fund a push for overseas sales.

The IPA they are definitely trying to position as a mass-market, rather than a niche or luxury, product (see: selling it in six-pack cans).

Makes sense. Well, until a big brewer buys them.

NZ's grand-daddy of craft brew, Emerson's of Dunedin was recently purchased by one of the big two multinational brewing companies that dominate NZ's general market. It was a bit sad but the founders wanted to cash out I guess. There has to be some sort of exit/end goal I guess

Freedom for the Northern Isles!

I tried those for a month or two. They were fun ("ewww! Like a forest of limbless pale yellow trees!") but didn't really change anything.

Good luck, and post before after pics!

so like i said i treated my racist uncle to lunch today (as a thank you for all the times he's bought me dinner when i was mega broke)

and afterwards i sign the CC slip and he's like, mystified at the idea that i can put a tip there and i don't have to give the card back to him for him to swipe a second time

BUT HOW WILL HE GET THE TIP NOW THAT YOU TOOK YOUR CARD BACK

it's ok, uncle mike

i promise this is ok, my white trash buddy

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

well, "clean" seems the wrong word to use when it comes to you.

ftOqU21.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man MadCatz is going to have an event the day before PAX and going to have their whole stable of Fighting games players.

man I really want to play a set against Tokido fuuuuuuck :(

Abdhyius wrote: »

well, "clean" seems the wrong word to use when it comes to you.

i am incredibly clean

To buy the CD this song is on is a minimum of $50 for me. :(

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

Oh, hell yes.

I ought to play this again. It's a nearly perfect game. (By which I mean, it may not be my all-time favorite, but I can't think of a thing I'd change.)

rRwz9.gif
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    pax is for alcoholics

Jacobkosh wrote: »

Oh, hell yes.

I ought to play this again. It's a nearly perfect game. (By which I mean, it may not be my all-time favorite, but I can't think of a thing I'd change.)

Warrior Within's combat would be a nice addition. A little too easy to spam wall vaults in this game. Otherwise fantastic.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    what's a CD

owning more pairs of underwear increases my QoL so much

• CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    so like i said i treated my racist uncle to lunch today (as a thank you for all the times he's bought me dinner when i was mega broke)

and afterwards i sign the CC slip and he's like, mystified at the idea that i can put a tip there and i don't have to give the card back to him for him to swipe a second time

it's ok, uncle mike

To be fair to racist uncle mike, I have always found this completely mystifying as well.

How the fuck does that actually work?

Calixtus on
    -This message was deviously brought to you by:
    Sarksus wrote: »
    pax is for alcoholics

Why. Did. No one. Mention. This. Before?

Elendil wrote: »
    what's a CD

It's those round things that sometimes come with stuff you plug into your computer that you don't use in favour of downloading the drivers.

Jacobkosh wrote: »

Oh, hell yes.

i'd probably upgrade the visuals, sound, and gameplay by 8 or so years

Calixtus wrote: »

it's ok, uncle mike

To be fair to racist uncle mike, I have always found this completely mystifying as well.

magic

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

it's ok, uncle mike

when you swipe a card into the computer

it remembers

you go back afterwards and add the tip in

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    waxing techniques
    binding stance choices
    detuning parts of the edges

mother of god

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

it's ok, uncle mike

The store doesn't run your number until the end of the night, when it will have your tip to add to the information it has already taken from you.

Or magic, if you prefer.

Lh96QHG.png
    also the funny part isn't that he was mystified at how the tip is accomplished

the funny part is that he had apparently never in 40 years seen anyone pay for a meal with a credit card

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

it's ok, uncle mike

Seriously? The swiping/chip/scan is just an authorization. The printed receipt is how the charge is actually applied.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

@Elki

When I was shopping around, and saw it, I freaked out. I'm still convinced they'll hunt me down one day and put me in cable prison. It was hidden under "more bundles," and once you navigated to that page I think it was the very last one listed. The cable box they sent me for the installation is still sitting unplugged. I also don't get to have On-Demand, and I don't care one bit.

Also, I'm actually paying $7 more than I should. My bill should be $42, but they're charging me for a modem lease even though I'm using my own modem. But I don't want to call them, because I'm afraid of changing anything about my bundle.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.