As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Antilago[chat]ic

• Options
    CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    Calixtus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    so like i said i treated my racist uncle to lunch today (as a thank you for all the times he's bought me dinner when i was mega broke)

and afterwards i sign the CC slip and he's like, mystified at the idea that i can put a tip there and i don't have to give the card back to him for him to swipe a second time

BUT HOW WILL HE GET THE TIP NOW THAT YOU TOOK YOUR CARD BACK

it's ok, uncle mike

i promise this is ok, my white trash buddy
    To be fair to racist uncle mike, I have always found this completely mystifying as well.

How the fuck does that actually work?

The store doesn't run your number until the end of the night, when it will have your tip to add to the information it has already taken from you.

Or magic, if you prefer.
    This would also explain how some of my lunches end up out of order in my account statements, someones not doing their uploads on a daily basis even.

Learn something new e'rry day.

-This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    so like i said i treated my racist uncle to lunch today (as a thank you for all the times he's bought me dinner when i was mega broke)

and afterwards i sign the CC slip and he's like, mystified at the idea that i can put a tip there and i don't have to give the card back to him for him to swipe a second time

it's ok, uncle mike

To be fair to racist uncle mike, I have always found this completely mystifying as well.

The point of sale terminal doesn't put the transaction through until after you've signed.

The same way that petrol pumps have you put your card in and do the authorisation, and then pump the fuel after you've taken it out again.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

it's ok, uncle mike

The store doesn't run your number until the end of the night, when it will have your tip to add to the information it has already taken from you.

Or magic, if you prefer.

yep, all they need is the card number, they can use it whenever they like

you never used a self service petrol pump before? you put in all the payment details, take your card back, then use the pump

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I have the best deal, so I'll never get rid of HBO. $49 (including taxes) for Comcast's highest speed internet option + basic cable with HBO. I don't get HD service, but it doesn't matter, because I just watch everything on HBO GO.

And I also use Hulu+/Netflix, and I'd rather pay for that than HD-DVR service.

@Elki

Who did you kill for this deal? I pay $73 a month just for internet, and not even the fastest tier.

When I was shopping around, and saw it, I freaked out. I'm still convinced they'll hunt me down one day and put me in cable prison. It was hidden under "more bundles," and once you navigated to that page I think it was the very last one listed. The cable box they sent me for the installation is still sitting unplugged. I also don't get to have On-Demand, and I don't care one bit.

Also, I'm actually paying $7 more than I should. My bill should be $42, but they're charging me for a modem lease even though I'm using my own modem. But I don't want to call them, because I'm afraid of changing anything about my bundle.

Don't change shit, they will undo that situation so faaaaaassssst!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Casual wrote: »

it's ok, uncle mike

Or magic, if you prefer.

you never used a self service petrol pump before? you put in all the payment details, take your card back, then use the pump

wait

wait

england has cars?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I know what Cass is playing right now. :P

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Dammit I wanna learn how to make my own white balsamic apple vinaigrette so I can stop buying salads from Panera. But there are like 10 different ingredients and being a college student surviving largely on soup, I don't have any basic cooking 'greets. So I'd have to buy a whole lotta stuff to make that dressing. Boooooo.

But it would last you a long time!

But I'm only gonna live here for three more months and all my stuff barely fits in my car as it is!

Invest in spices and make kickass stuff.

I lived near a dollar store with some good spices once.

That was fucking awesome.

That would be good if I actually cooked at this point in my life. I don't cook now because I don't want to eat. Anything I spend time on cooking is going to be more calories than like, a protein shake with a banana in it.

No! Everyone needs to cook!

I am not just saying this so that if I ever visit any of you you'll be able to feed me delicious foods.

I can make risotto. And I can grill a steak.

Everything else is better handled by the wife.

Not because she's a woman or anything, just so you know. She's a trained cook. She's better at it.

I like cooking, but hate prep, so I don't much.

Risotto is not for the impatient.

"Slaving over a hot stove" is the literal interpretation of that recipe.

• Options
    great minds think alike Japan
    so do equally mediocre ones! *snort guffaw*

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also the funny part isn't that he was mystified at how the tip is accomplished

the funny part is that he had apparently never in 40 years seen anyone pay for a meal with a credit card

Things like this really make me feel like a shitass for being mad at ignorance.

Like... some people just don't know things. It's not their fault.

Why am I so horrible?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Dammit I wanna learn how to make my own white balsamic apple vinaigrette so I can stop buying salads from Panera. But there are like 10 different ingredients and being a college student surviving largely on soup, I don't have any basic cooking 'greets. So I'd have to buy a whole lotta stuff to make that dressing. Boooooo.

But I'm only gonna live here for three more months and all my stuff barely fits in my car as it is!

That would be good if I actually cooked at this point in my life. I don't cook now because I don't want to eat. Anything I spend time on cooking is going to be more calories than like, a protein shake with a banana in it.

I am not just saying this so that if I ever visit any of you you'll be able to feed me delicious foods.

Not because she's a woman or anything, just so you know. She's a trained cook. She's better at it.

I don't get it.

-WhiteMaleProblems

edit:

I feel I should apologize for these lazy "whateverproblems" posts I make.

-WhiteGuiltProblems

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Phone poasting w/ babby

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    england has cars?

*not sure if reference to england is part of the joke*

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »

it's ok, uncle mike

The point of sale terminal doesn't put the transaction through until after you've signed.

The same way that petrol pumps have you put your card in and do the authorisation, and then pump the fuel after you've taken it out again.

Odd. I wonder if it works the same here?

Because everytime they enter the value before you swipe.

Same with the petrol pumps. You either pre-pay for a set amount, or fill up then pay.

Never had a situation where they entered any payment after the card swipe part.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options

it's ok, uncle mike

Or magic, if you prefer.

wait

wait

england has cars?

don't be silly

we insert the pump in the rectum of our shire horse

• Options
    haha comcast is so mad at me

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-23%20at%205.56.00%20PM.png

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    england has cars?

*not sure if reference to england is part of the joke*

it isn't

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    This guy does not like Anita Sarkeesian.

• Options
    it never is...

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Fucking breeders

• Options
    Is 855GB your limit chu?

's oddly specific.

• Options
    edited February 2013

I see a broken link, Geth sees something agreeable.

Stop sucking up to the robot boss Chu!

e: Oh, there it is.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular

I see it fine.

He's been downloading a lot of 1080p orn.

• Options
    Is 855GB your limit chu?

's oddly specific.

nah it's just a weird interval

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Watching this guy make risotto is, like, MIND BLOWN

Starts around 1:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyQvTefwP48

• Options
    technically the soft limit listed on their website is 250gb but they said that they've suspended enforcement

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Are you running a seedbox out of your house or something?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hamurabi wrote: »

I see it fine.

He's been downloading a lot of 1080p orn.

Is there any other kind?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    technically the soft limit listed on their website is 250gb but they said that they've suspended enforcement

what are you using so much BW on?

also my paltry 90GB limit is crying

• Options
    What if the PS4 gave up the ghost on any sort of earlier Sony Console BC, but then it was discovered that it had a Super Genintari build into it?

• Options

my usage is actually pretty modest. i download some things but probably don't use more than a hundred gigs

i'm assuming it's my uncle torrenting flacs nonstop, he's p obsessive about his collection

• Options
    Not having a hard data cap is nice.

Would be sweeter if data caps didn't exist at all.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

my usage is actually pretty modest. i download some things but probably don't use more than a hundred gigs

i'm assuming it's my uncle torrenting flacs nonstop, he's p obsessive about his collection

The new 6 strikes law goes into effect next week apparently, you might want to MAC ban him through the router.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

The new 6 strikes law goes into effect next week apparently, you might want to MAC ban him through the router.

Isn't that thwarted by a VPN?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

it's ok, uncle mike

Or magic, if you prefer.

wait

wait

england has cars?

This post was a bit ago, now, but I would just like to say:
    2014-Vanquish-1.jpg

England has fucking cars.

• Options

Isn't that thwarted by a VPN?

Yes, but you have to be using a VPN.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Not having a hard data cap is nice.

Would be sweeter if data caps didn't exist at all.

download ALL THE PORN

• Options

it's actually his service- he pays for it, it's in his name, and all the equipment's in his room

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I have the best deal, so I'll never get rid of HBO. $49 (including taxes) for Comcast's highest speed internet option + basic cable with HBO. I don't get HD service, but it doesn't matter, because I just watch everything on HBO GO.

And I also use Hulu+/Netflix, and I'd rather pay for that than HD-DVR service.

motherfucker that is such a great deal

goddamnit

But how do you watch shows like Justified that are on channels that Hulu Plus doesn't pick up? And Comedy Central?

Atomika on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Shaw in Calgary offers a 250mbit connection with a 1TB monthly cap.

• Options
    Can't you watch Comedy Central shows on ComedyCentral.com?

This discussion has been closed.