As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MMA]UFC 161: Old Man vs Stanky Leg - Prelims NOW!

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I score this fight

Boring

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Man has Dan Henderson's face gotten even lumpier?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    That fight did not go at ALL how I expected.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    I didn't think Koscheck's hair could possibly look worse. Not only is it that stupid yellow color, but now it looks like he has mange.

I hate Josh Koscheck.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Aaaaaagh Koscheck is on my tv, nooo

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Pretend it's Flea

I was going to poke myself in the eyes so I couldn't see him

Then I realized that would just remind me of Koscheck!

And he's wearing GSP style short shorts now, too.

Stop making me hate you more.

However, I did pick Koscheck by decision.

Lawler choosing Eminem as his walkout music just solidifies my choice.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Wow.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Welp. Nevermind. Haha.

This must be where my picks start sucking.

Ehh I'm ok with it

On the one hand yeah that was kind of early

On the other hand Kos was just sort of sitting there, turtling up and eating shots, not fighting back

And also screw Koscheck

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    THAT WAS A HUGE WIN OVER A GUY LIKE ROBBIE LAWLER

CONGRATS, ROBBIE LAWLER

WELCOME BACK, ROBBIE LAWLER

ROBBIE LAWLER, EVERYBODY

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    my magic crystal ball says kos is the next 'big name' to be cut
    the Uriah faber stuff is just a distraction, I don't see him getting cut even if he loses poorly to menjivar tonight

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Joe can call that early all he wants, but when a guy takes 4-5 unprotected shots to the head while on his back and against the cage (especially in the first round when a guy still has all his power), then the fight should be over. If Koscheck had his faculties, he should have been defending, pushing Lawler back with his feet, turtling up...anything but just taking shots to the face. He may not have been out cold, but he was definitely stunned and was just going to take more unnecessary punishment.

Good call by Herb.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    All I want out of this night is a Liz win.

Josh Neer is a robot.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I missed something there. How did koscheck end up on the ground.

Joe can call that early all he wants, but when a guy takes 4-5 unprotected shots to the head while on his back and against the cage (especially in the first round when a guy still has all his power), then the fight should be over. If Koscheck had his faculties, he should have been defending, pushing Lawler back with his feet, turtling up...anything but just taking shots to the face. He may not have been out cold, but he was definitely stunned and was just going to take more unnecessary punishment.

Good call by Herb.

Yeah it's sort of like that "early" end to Wandy vs. Cung le.

Like yeah, maybe he could've eaten a few more shots before it was over, but that doesn't mean anything was going to change except the number of bruises on his face.

And besides, if the fighter is fine then its his responsibility to let the ref know he's fine, it doesn't matter how conscious you are if it looks like you've stopped fighting back. So I mean, probably early, but Koscheck only has himself to blame for it.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I am loving these combos Court is landing. He looks good at this weight so far.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    McGee looking fantastic

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Oh shit crumpling from liver shots

Come on Court, targeted liver shots, do it

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Neer seems like he's already given up

DAMN IT, COURT. I CALLED ROUND 1 SUB FOR YOU. FINISH THAT SHIT.

URRRRGGGGHHHHH

Somewhere right now, Bas Ruttenis in a recliner, gesticulating wildly at his television and yelling, DANGADY DANGADY DANG.

Whoop, I guess not. Looks like Neers liver has stopped hurting and now he's finding the range

Neer is a long lost Diaz brother

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Dang. Hit his liver more!

Pffft, nope, just turn off Joe's commentary, he's wrong.

Neer wasn't nearly as in it as Joe is trying to hype

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Someone please explain to me why McGee has totally abandoned smashing Neer's liver over into his asshole chute.

Someone please explain to me why McGee has totally abandoned smashing Neer's liver over into his asshole chute.
    Neer's stance is protecting that side and to my eye he seems to be holding that arm lower in guard to block shots there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Fair enough.

Either 30-27 or 29-28 across the board for Court in this one.

Even with all of these decisions, this card feels like it's going by fast. Is that just me?

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    They haven't used any prelim filler.

The only fights Faber has lost in his Zuffa career are title fights. If he loses tonight, it will be a considerable downhill slide for him.

Do not call Tito Ortiz the People's Champ, Goldberg. Just...don't. Don't do that.

Nice choke.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    That was some pro wrestling stuff.