As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Confirmed Panels 2013

2»

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    not sure which thread would be most appropriate for posting this, but the world must know. @official_pax tweeted a couple of days ago that "The schedule should be released some time next week. Stay vigilant."

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, this was probably the best place.

• koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Oh Can't wait to see it.

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Looks like there will be a panel on Streetpass networks:

https://www.facebook.com/events/323956941042834/

• MaawdawgMaawdawg CT, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Blazing Griffin games will be in the “Want a Good Story in Your Game? Get an Indie!” panel.
    http://www.blazinggriffin.com/blog/the-griffin-takes-flight-march

Maawdawg on
  • ARCARC Founder, Business Developer CambridgeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Hello all. My panel was just accepted as well: Here is the description of the talk and the Panelists' info:

Passion vs. Skills Set: How Game Developers & Producers Weigh the Best Candidates for Their Studios.

Time: Saturday: 11:30-12:30pm Sphinx Theatre

DESCRIPTION:

Balancing your goals, experiences, education, and portfolio pieces in your overall application to a game studio is a challenging task. Many aspiring young professionals have the passion for games, but may not best demonstrate how they are well suited for the industry. The panel (a diverse group of leaders in Game Development) describe how critical an applicant's balance and prior achievements are when they're being assessed for interviews and beyond. You will hear examples of "Do's and Don'ts" that go beyond normal career-services recommendations and standard HR application prompts. Representatives from AAA, Independent, Mobile, Social and Academia will be weighing in to help you optimally showcase your talents and passions during your application processes while increasing the public's view of the industry's standards of excellence.

John Lindemuth
    Warner Bros Games/Turbine Inc.
    Director of Art, WB/Turbine Inc.

Holden Link
    Magic Pixel Games
    Producer

Cory Johnson
    Zynga (EA)
    Sr. Software Engineer

Ichiro Lambe
    Dejobaan Games
    President

Caroline Murphy
    Boston Indies
    Community Manager

Elliot Mitchell
    Infrared5/VT Digital Arts
    Founder/Director

Benjamin Cavallari
    ARC Academic Relations Consulting
    Founder/Consultant
    (Moderator)

(please feel free to ping me/email me with any questions you might like the panelists to answer. benjamin (at) academicrelations (dot) net )

ARC on
    Business Developer for Skreens - technology that gives you complete control of your display. http://bit.ly/1CHka1P
    Business Developer for Global Mechanic - Vancouver based augmented reality/virtual reality design firm
    I bet if someone takes all the information in this and the exhibitor thread and makes a terrific spread sheet, the official schedule will be live minutes after said spreadsheet is posted on the forums. It's like taking an umbrella to make sure it doesn't rain, only in reverse and with a lot more work involved.

• Rise_Up44Rise_Up44 MARegistered User regular
    Does anyone know when they usually post the Panel Schedule of Hosts, dates, times, etc..

edited March 2013
    Rise_Up44 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they usually post the Panel Schedule of Hosts, dates, times, etc..

This was at the top of the page, posted last week, which would make this week when the schedule will be released.
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    not sure which thread would be most appropriate for posting this, but the world must know. @official_pax tweeted a couple of days ago that "The schedule should be released some time next week. Stay vigilant."

zerzhul on
  • koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Well so much for the schedule being up this week.

koolaroo wrote: »
    Well so much for the schedule being up this week.

Indeed, although I'm sure they tried. I would expect it any day now though, since they were planning for this past week.

zgamer200 wrote: »
    Any news on the schedule release yet?
    Some of you may have noticed some server troubles we were having last week...they threw things off a bit. Sorry about that!

Right now all lights are green to launch the schedule tomorrow (March 4th). Hopefully that doesn't change!

• coconutcrowcoconutcrow Massachusetts, USARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Some of you may have noticed some server troubles we were having last week...they threw things off a bit. Sorry about that!

Right now all lights are green to launch the schedule tomorrow (March 4th). Hopefully that doesn't change!

F5 is all I'll know tomorrow.

Steam, Wii U, PSN: CoconutCrow
    3DS Friend Code: 4210-4889-9706
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    Update on the post-apocalyptic staged reading and gaming discussion that I'm going to be a part of: Chris Avellone (Obsidian, Fallout: New Vegas, Project Eternity, freakin' Planescape:Torment) will be part of the discussion panel, in addition to the TheatreforNerds people. Also there's a facebook event page for it:

http://www.facebook.com/events/135206309985616/

Hope it's okay to mention this again with more details.

• ElzemereElzemere BostonRegistered User regular
    The Drunken Moogle has confirmed. Time and date included.
    gamesandlifepanel.com/

• KarissaEBKarissaEB Lady High Queen of Multitasking and Procrastination St. Louis, MO (but really IL)Registered User new member
    Yaaaaaay Avellone! And after the panels, look for him at Steve Jaros (Saint's Row) at the bar.

• LadySnip3rLadySnip3r Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Okay, got the official information for my panel!

Blending Games & Life: Showing Your Passion
    Are you proud to be a gamer? Do you enjoy mixing gaming culture with your other hobbies? Join Amanda McGinnis from Console to Closet, Jon Kay from Fangamer, Kaitlin Stewart from PwnLove, and Mitch Hutts from The Drunken Moogle as they discuss the secret handshake of gaming culture and how to subtly share your gamer pride!

Saturday March 23 at 10:30 in the Merman Theater

Here's our panel's site!

We hope to see you guys there :)

LadySnip3r on
    LadySnip3r

• the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Aside from Woot Offs years ago, I've never refreshed the same page so many times in my life. With only a few hours left in the day I really hope this wasn't delayed again!

• AustinGrossmanAustinGrossman Registered User new member
    Hi guys,

Just checking in to say the Narrative Design panel has a revised lineup:

Austin Grossman (Writer, Dishonored)
    Clara Fernandez (Postdoctoral Researcher, MIT]
    Matthew Weise (Narrative Designer, Harmonix)
    Ricardo Bare (Arkane Studios)
    Chris Dahlen (founder, Kill Screen)
    Chris Avellone [Obsidian Entertainment)