As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Journey: The [PHALLA] for New Earth - MAFIA & INFIDEL WIN

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Bradicus was a villager, reported he was in cargo .. but died in the airlock. /sigh

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Like we the beautiful people like think that we like have no clue like who to kick off the like island, er like ship!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Hrrrm.

Fine, if Infidel isn't bad, then I'll go with Macallan

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Bradicus was a villager, reported he was in cargo .. but died in the airlock. /sigh

Environmental damage comes last in the order of operations.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Ohh, right. But then that means if they don't report where they are before narration .. then narration isn't going to reveal where they were if they moved before they died.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Only in the case of death by environmental damage. All other kills come before movement.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I still haven't noticed a Locus post.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    If the Vig says Infidel is legitimately, who am I to argue?

Back to the record.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Like MrT I can likefollow this Locus idea. Like people that like are super quiet like usually are either like up to something OR like well quiet!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I can get behind a Locus vote

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Oh, I see. Yesterday I agree with the Locus hunch MrT tossed out, and he was all, "I pity da fool who listens to me!" Now he says it again, and suddenly everyone's all, "Yeah, what about that Locus fella?"

You crazy people.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Iron Weasel to keep things caliente.
    Yeah, alright.
    jdarksun, because why are you still alive?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I'm down with voting Locus

• Options
    Anyone have a vote count?

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    So we certainly need help putting out these fires, did anyone soft network with people claiming to be fighting the fires?

If we can get a list of people who claimed to fight the comms fire maybe we can start stabbing there first.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !Locus?

And yeah, I'm a neutral, the counterpart to warban. I'm no threat to anyone, just gonna exit the game~

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I was in Live Storage last night, fighting the fire that was in Comms. I left because I thought the job was done and there's no real reason to stick around in Live Storage on its own.

• Options
    Oh also engineering has a fun break the reactor/fix the reactor pinata mini game. The reward inside is radiation.

Lots of radiation.

I was in engineering last night. It was fine when I left and I totally did not break the shielding.

I do not know it's current state but I would suggest not heading in without a rad suit.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    So, purely hypothetically speaking, someone who walks in there without a rad-suit might end up growing a third wang or something...?

My poor junk.

• Options
    Locus

• Options
    So, purely hypothetically speaking, someone who walks in there without a rad-suit might end up growing a third wang or something...?

My poor junk.

It could happen! Right before you keeled over dead.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Ok. Locus it is then.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Day 4

Locus: 8 (MrTLicious, vertroue, ObiFett, OminousLozenge, The Anonymous, Infidel, Gizzy, Malkor)

Jdarksun: 2 (OminousLozenge, Iron Weasel)
    Macallan: 2 (Bliss101, Assuran)
    Iron Weasel: 2 (ZH, jdarksun)

OminousLozenge: 1 (Baidol)
    MrTLicious: 1 (blahmcblah)
    blahmcblah: 1 (Cythraul)

Infidel: 0 (Iron Weasel, Gizzy, Assuran)

• Options
    MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    As far as people's locations go, I've been in the barracks the whole game. Could have sworn I'd posted that before but :shrug:. I would love to know who set the damn thing on fire while I was trying to fight the fire in Comms, but it's okay, because I won't let a little fire stop my barracks party. We're going mobile, people.
    On a related note, I'm pretty sketched out about this Locus wagon. I'm voting OminousLozenge, partly for being dead smack in the middle of the "ALL ABOARD THE WAGON" lovefest, but also because it seems like his post is denigrating the Locus wagon, while hopping on it at the same time. I'm officially sick of the word wagon for now.
    Wagon wagon wagon

Waaaaaagon

• Options
    I just realized I put Sir Fab in Cargo twice on my day 1 location count .. so that one is looking more in line with what it's supposed to be.

• Options
    Malkor - who did you vote for Day 3?

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Turns out

I didn't.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    It seems like the fire kills a random person each night in that room, do we know who the fire starter is?

I have been assuming mafia since they want to stop the colonization but it could be a third party.

It just seems too convenient that it hit both of the information gathering places, where mafia would really want you to not hit.

It is clear the mafia knew that the comms fire would not be put out or they would not have risked setting a fire in the barracks rather then burning comms again. Which means they learned who was going to suppress the comms fire and killed them.

• Options
    @Gizzy, OminousLozenge changed his vote from jdark to Locus.

And in the interest of having a second-place vote, I'm going to leave jdark alone and vote for macallan instead.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Macallan wrote: »
    As far as people's locations go, I've been in the barracks the whole game. Could have sworn I'd posted that before but :shrug:. I would love to know who set the damn thing on fire while I was trying to fight the fire in Comms, but it's okay, because I won't let a little fire stop my barracks party. We're going mobile, people.
    On a related note, I'm pretty sketched out about this Locus wagon. I'm voting OminousLozenge, partly for being dead smack in the middle of the "ALL ABOARD THE WAGON" lovefest, but also because it seems like his post is denigrating the Locus wagon, while hopping on it at the same time. I'm officially sick of the word wagon for now.
    Wagon wagon wagon

Waaaaaagon

Just as a point of clarification, I wasn't denigrating the wagon, I was denigrating all y'all for jumping on the wagon *today* when I was ready to kick it off yesterday. Let me dig up my rationale on the Locus situation, which I communicated privately to someone yesterday.

(Edit incoming.)

Edit: here's why I think Locus is worth pursuing.
    So, the Locus vote.

I looked at the vote record, which is of course going to be thin this early, and I still think he's a reasonably good bet. I just didn't want to appear to be too engaged with the game in the main thread, because I've learned that the mafia tends to target villagers who are the most engaged and independent-thinking. So if you're with "them," well I guess I'm kinda screwed, but we all know a quiet village gets nowhere.

So here's what little I have to go on so far. Day 1, Locus made a throw-away vote (yeah, Day 1, very low weight). Day 2, he's on the kime wagon in the middle, between eddie84 and INANTP. Now, Cythraul and XoB are there as well. I find Obi's argument against XoB compelling enough to see if X does anything else suspicious. Now, between Locus and Cythraul, I don't see much to tip the scales either way. But the fact that someone else has a hunch about Locus that he's willing to act on suggests to a small extent that there might be something to my own suspicions about him.

The only other thing I can think of is to try and figure out who keeps setting the goddamn fire. Or hell, maybe nobody is and it's actually an environmental mechanic. It may take a little more time before we know what causes the fire to start, much less who's doing it. Unless I'm totally oblivious, we don't have a compiled table of who was where both nights.

OminousLozenge on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    The vote will close in 47ish minutes.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I don't see the logic in voting people based on how many days they're alive when the mafia should have killed them.

I think it leaves the village way too open to manipulation.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I told ObiFett I was a mason with SeGaTai. You'll notice he was a xenobiologist. I am a xenobotanist. Obviously ObiFett didn't believe me, so not much I can do about it.

Anyone who has played with me before knows I am very conservative. I don't give out information unless I have to, I don't take risks if I don't have to. If I were mafia, I would not fake reveal as a mason. I would just sit tight and pretend to be a crew member.

Sorry I haven't been much help this game. When I come up as a xenobotanist, hopefully you can glean something from the vote record.

• Options
    I don't see the logic in voting people based on how many days they're alive when the mafia should have killed them.

I think it leaves the village way too open to manipulation.

Yeah that is a dumb thing to do.

We already got kime you don't need to do that anymore.

However, the locus vote seems as good as any based on the vote record O L just went over.

• Options
    sorry locus!

I actually completely forgot about that!

macallan

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to vote for Iron Weasel. In fact, I'm sure of it.

The reasoning against him is not watertight, but it's sound enough (I know it implicates me as well), and his current wish for Macallan to be our solid second confuses me.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    No worries!

Macallan to possibly save myself.

• Options
    macallan

• Options
    Ok so we're running close here .. but since we're unsure about coordination of putting out the fire, how would you feel about venting comms to put it out?