As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Mystery Tour 2013 (Wed & Thu prePAX adventuring) SCHEDULE UP

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Saw this post today, and thought it was relevant.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I finished updating the potential spots in the OP. Of note:
    - I added the USS Constitution, the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum, and the Duck Tour
    - The Mary Baker Eddy Library is only open for research purposes (no perusing the exhibits) during renovations. I sent an email to ask how long this is suppose to last.
    - The Aquarium is currently $5 cheaper than usual because they are renovating. This also means most of the sharks, turtles, and other beasts in the center tank are living in the penguin exhibit and most of the penguins are living somewhere offsite.

Working on getting the voting site up now!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Voting open!
    I got the voting site all filled out, so now you can formally let me know where you do/don't want to go. Any opinions expressed in this thread are for conversation only. When I make the schedule it will be based ONLY on the results of the voting site.
    There is a place on the site to mark which days you plan to attend. I will use this when making the schedule. Again, I won't be looking at what you said in this thread, ONLY what is on the voting site.
    If you voted on the last MMT (in Seattle), your login info should still be good on the site. If you did not participate in the MMT, you need to create a new login (yes, even if you've used the site to vote on another previous MMT).

Did you read all that? Good. Here's your cookie, er, link: http://mmt.vthornheart.railsplayground.net/
    Voting will be open for 3 weeks. That way I can work on the schedule while I'm on vacation the last week of Feb.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    HARPOON!!!

7B14287.png
  • Options
    No matter how loud you shout, it still only counts as one vote.
    Also, @peetsnack, you might wanna take a look at the details page for Sam Adams ;)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    fyi, what punzibelle means is that on the details page for sam adams, there is a picture from last year. I am featured prominently to the far right.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    Voting is open? How did I miss this earlier? To the front page with you!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    edited February 2013
    We're almost 2 weeks into voting and, in a surprise to no one, Sam Adams and Harpoon and the places people most want to go. The votes start dropping off pretty steeply after that. From the look of things right now, either we're only going 2-3 places each day or I'm scheduling places with 5 votes or fewer... Maybe another long lunch this year?
    There's still more than a week left to vote http://mmt.vthornheart.railsplayground.net/

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    The MattadorThe Mattador Registered User regular
    This sounds super sweet! Girlfriend and I are driving in Wed night and I want to do to the Pre-Pax Breakfast Thursday morning and wanted to do the game night that night but didn't have anything to do in between and this sounds like just the thing I was looking for.

• Options
    Do you guys want MMT buttons? Do you have any suggestions for their design? I had an idea for a trading card this year, but it won't scale down well to a button image.
    Maybe we could do something with Lemmings :P

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I'm coming in Wednesday but not sure of the exact time, so at very least I'll be there Thursday for this. I'm a transplant originally from Boston so this will be a nice return visit to the area.

A group of us did the freedom trail tour last year, and it was a lot of fun and very educational. The group that does it did a great job. I wish I remembered the tour guide's name so if you did it we could request her. She was great both very informative and funny.

Did you confirm Duck tours is open? It's awesome but if I remember right it doesn't usually run until April.

GhostDan on
  • Options
    It's true we haven't been able to do the Duck Tour in the past because they start running later then when East happens. But this year, they say the tours start March 19th.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    That's awesome! It's a great experience. Definitely would do again.

• Options
    sudokensudoken Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    mike's pastry is the standard tourist stop (you can always spot one by the mike's box they're carrying), but modern pastry is generally considered an equal rival. curious which others people like.

From a Bostonian- Modern is better then Mikes.

Pax East: 3 Day [X] Hotel [X] Time off [X]
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I think @punzie is onto a good idea with the buttons. I think it should maybe have some sort of flag on it...perhaps on a stick :P

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    So here are my wonderful photo skills...
    mmt_zpsc8b4f75c.jpg

If anyone can do something better, please do. I'm also going to look for some assistance in the buttoneering thread.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Keeping an eye on this. I got tickets for a few of these touristy spots before I saw this thread so I'll vote up the ones I'm not seeing like a selfish bum. ^^

• Options
    Whoa. I haven't looked at the voting site in a few days but somehow the pastry shop beat out Harpoon for 2nd place! I'm planning on only leaving this up for a couple more days. Let's say voting ends.... Tuesday night, the 26th.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    Id love to do this, but get in at 3pm on Wednesday :( I looked at the Sam Adams brewery stuff, and they can do private tours on Monday-Thursday at 3:330 or 4:00 but need over 20 people. Itd be kick ass to get a private tour going!

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
  • Options
    Id love to do this, but get in at 3pm on Wednesday :( I looked at the Sam Adams brewery stuff, and they can do private tours on Monday-Thursday at 3:330 or 4:00 but need over 20 people. Itd be kick ass to get a private tour going!

So you'll probably miss all of Wednesday, but there's still Thursday.
    I try to avoid booking anything in advance if I can. This tour is made for people to be able to join in and drop out when they want. Booking a tour in advance really goes against that idea. And it adds a lot more work for me. Sam Adams specifically doesn't require a private tour. When we go in for the 1st tour of the day, there are only a couple other people there anyway. Last year we ran into a couple other PAXers and maybe one girl who wasn't a PAXer. The year before it was just us and a pair of older guys who regularly took the tour.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »

So you'll probably miss all of Wednesday, but there's still Thursday.
    I try to avoid booking anything in advance if I can. This tour is made for people to be able to join in and drop out when they want. Booking a tour in advance really goes against that idea. And it adds a lot more work for me. Sam Adams specifically doesn't require a private tour. When we go in for the 1st tour of the day, there are only a couple other people there anyway. Last year we ran into a couple other PAXers and maybe one girl who wasn't a PAXer. The year before it was just us and a pair of older guys who regularly took the tour.

Good to know, just hope I can make some of the fun stuff on Thursday!

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
  • Options
    DoctehDocteh Registered User regular
    The darkly-colored one of the three indicates your current vote for the location.
    I now feel shade-blind. or my monitor is going silly on me.
    Signed up and voted for a couple of things!

• Options
    Docteh wrote: »
    The darkly-colored one of the three indicates your current vote for the location.
    I now feel shade-blind. or my monitor is going silly on me.
    Signed up and voted for a couple of things!

I just had to vote to check out the shading difference. There isn't a large difference.

I just ordered our buttons. I hope you guys like my badly drawn Lemmings :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Ok no more voting. I'm about to leave for a week-long vacation, so I'll try to get the schedule up after I get back next week.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Hope you have a great vacation, Punzie! Thanks for the work you are doing and I look forward to the tour!!!

• Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Awesome! If I have the days off from work I'll probably come along for at least some of it :)

• Options
    Schedule done! (See OP.) we're eating lunch at the same places as last year because I am not creative. I think everyone enjoyed Sunset and Quincy Market has tons of options.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    Since I'm under 21, will I be allowed to attend the brewery tours? Obviously I won't be able to taste any of the beer but I don't like the taste of beer anyways.

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • Options
    Yes, you can attend, but not taste. Expect to be carded. I know Sam Adams will give you root beer. Not sure about Harpoon though.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    I will be rushing form the airport to my hotel to the harpoon as fast as possible to make it! Get in at 3pm, so its a maybe :(

• Options
    Excellent - we'll be in for Sunset, Harpoon, and Sam as a definite. Need to discuss the others . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    Awesome! I'll definitely be there all of Thursday, and probably Wednesday until lunch.

• Options
    profanitiprofaniti Brighton, UKRegistered User regular
    Me and some friends will be attending on Thursday : )

• Options
    SashanSashan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    As it stands, me and Baka Al will be there for the whole 2 days...

Sashan on
  • Options
    KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Yes, you can attend, but not taste. Expect to be carded. I know Sam Adams will give you root beer. Not sure about Harpoon though.

I thought as much. Thanks so much!

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Oh, quick question re the Sam Adams & Harpoon tours- is there an entry fee for these? Couldn't see one listed in the revised OP, and want to make sure I bring enough cash for both days..

• Options
    NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I'll meet you all for lunch onwards on Wednesday and I think I'll meet in the morning on Thurs and leave early.

• Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Baka Al wrote: »
    Oh, quick question re the Sam Adams & Harpoon tours- is there an entry fee for these? Couldn't see one listed in the revised OP, and want to make sure I bring enough cash for both days..

No fee at Sam Adams, there's a "suggested donation" of 2 dollars that goes to local charities. No cost for Harpoon as well. Both locations have gift shops, and Harpoon also sells growlers/bottles.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    Hubs & I will probably make it to Boston late Wednesday morning since we are driving down from NH after sending the kids off to school. I'm guessing our safest bet to catch everyone would be for lunch at the Sunset Grill and Tap. So excited for my first MMT!

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    I did include entry costs in the schedule where applicable. If there's no price listed, expect free entry, even thought you may spend money while there (food, gift shops, tips, etc).

Got an email that all my buttons have shipped. I only ordered 50 MMT buttons. No idea how many people plan to attend, so we'll see how that goes :)

HI3789R.png