As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]UFC 161: Old Man vs Stanky Leg - Prelims NOW!

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Ok coach put me in

Best lady slap fight you've ever seen
    you got two arms, go for it.
    Oh shit

We just need to find a fighter with no arms

Guaranteed decision vs Rousey

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    pressor stream is up

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Bemudz vs Grice gets the fotn

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    There was this sort of awkward silence when Dana said Machida is now the number one contender that I got a real kick out of haha

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    lyoto is confused
    all surrounded by male and female fabers

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    "I didn't know how much time I had left, otherwise I would've let it break just to go into the next round"
    :shock:

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Carmouche is super charming

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Liz is the best :3

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    grcarogrcaro Registered User regular
    Great card. It would've been nice to see Machida vs Henderson go another 2 rounds but it was still a great fight to me.

grcaro.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I watched the show at Buffalo Wild Wings, and I don't know if it's just the B-Dubz in my area, but they always fuck up the tab in my favor. I didn't have to pay for my wings or the last two beers I drank. So good.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I've got Rousey vs. Carmouche as FotN

Uriah gets Submission

Lawler gets KO of the night, although Bermudez hit like ten shots that should have been better KOs if Grice was a normal human who could be knocked out.

Magell on
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    "I didn't know how much time I had left, otherwise I would've let it break just to go into the next round"
    :shock:

Big John probably would've stopped it in a second anyway, but it's a nice thought. :shock:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    What a fun card!

Some how I keep making good picks. Number 1 for event and overall again with the pafc. 113 overall, 1110 for the event.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    all the people saying Machida/Hendo should have been the main event over Rousey/Carmouche seem a little silly in retrospect

also i picked 3/12 winners, never watching the prelims unless it's a fighter I really like is not good for picks

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    They seemed silly at the time as well!

Oh cool, you can see where you rank by region. I am 9th in the UK for overall picks

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I don't think the ladies could have had a better debut.

So awesome and Liz was uber charming during the post-fight presser. <3

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Bonuses for last night:

Fight of the Night: Dennis Bermudez vs Matt Grice
    Knockout of the Night: Robbie Lawler
    Submission of the Night: Kenny Robertson

Good, I was hoping Kenny would get the extra money after that crazy hamstring stretch. He easily deserved it over Chiesa, Faber and Rousey.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    I still think Koscheck looked like he was trying to push away at the hips.

Stoppage was a bit surprising, if he was on his feet like Grice, eating shots then the fight would have continued.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The only bonus I guessed right was KO and since it was the only KO it wasn't very hard to guess.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Dana White is reportably close to pulling Diaz from the GSP fight due to Diaz's refusal to do a countdown show.

olol

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Dana White is reportably close to pulling Diaz from the GSP fight due to Diaz's refusal to do a countdown show.

olol
    Idiots. All of them

• Options
    :( poor chael
    after getting the title he's gonna have to beat rashad's ass for putting him through that now

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »

olol

Empty threat. Dana would be raked over hot coals for stopping that fight, which people actually want to see.

Not that I think Nick cares much about being threatened anyway.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Nick is a dumb and troubled individual, no surprises there. It's actually pretty fun watching him try to navigate the adult world

Also, this event was fun. There were a few duds on the card (Brendan Fucking Schaub) but a lot of the other fights were fun. Most importantly, the main event owned. It was short but really fucking awesome. As far as Womens MMA goes, it could probably not have been a better night for it on the big stage

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Thinking about holiday plans for the summer. Anyone ever done one of those Muay Thai camps in Thailand?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I hope diaz gets the shit can.

in fact both of them. let them deal with bellator or whoever will have them.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Louie wrote: »
    Thinking about holiday plans for the summer. Anyone ever done one of those Muay Thai camps in Thailand?

Uh, I know people that have. Generally positive reviews. I can find some resources on other forums if you'd like.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    Also, before I forget about last nights fights, it was really great to see Gene Lebell in Honda's corner. Guy's played a pretty huge role in the short history of MMA, its nice to see him still involved.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options

I've been thinking about that myself. I know it varies a lot, some camps are fantastic some are pretty awful from what I've read. I'm looking at a thai camp sometime in the near future and going to Brazil for a pedro sauer camp early next year, or possibly going with Connection Rio.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i ordered the Roy Dean Blue Belt DVDs. hopefully there's a lot more info in there than just what I've seen of his youtube stuff (which is really good).

• Options

from what I learned in that GSP video, if you go to Thailand, don't escalate even the tiniest bit in sparring
    or they'll kill you
    http://youtu.be/KR_x3PTYvm4

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I know one of our instructors friends had his leg broken while sparring out there. I definitely won't go out there on my own, I'm hoping to get a few people from the gym in on it.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    UFC 157 thoughts:

What the hell is with the thread title? UFC was the MMA organization which said they'll never have female fighters and refused to adopt it until it was made successful by other MMA leagues.

I shouldn't second guess myself on picks. I had Magny over Manley, Stout over Fodor and Schaub over Johnson, but foolishly switched.

I think I'm starting to understand Willy. He thinks Brittney doesn't look great but the UFC is perfectly fine. His standards are way out of fucking whack, no wonder he holds those terrible opinions.

Bermudez/Grice was insane. Definitely deserved fight of the night.

The Koscheck stoppage was early. Herb Dean is yet again a shit ref despite whatever Joe Rogan says. Still, fuck Koscheck.

McGee faded really badly in round 2. At one point Neer just walked into his shots with no fear. Neer could have capitalized if he had more cardio.

Faber knew exactly what to do on Menjivar's back, locking in a body triangle. Menjivar should have went to the ground earlier to prevent Faber from taking his back. He also should have tried to control an arm rather than struggle uselessly.

Hendo was robbed. Round by round, he took round 1, Machida took 2, and Hendo clearly took 3.
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/02/machida-vs-henderson-official-ufc.html
    Apparently the judges think a trip at the end of the round that did nothing was enough to steal the round for Machida.
    Hendo was too tentative though. He should have unloaded that right whenever Machida threw those kicks. Power for power, chin for chin, Machida would have been no match for Hendo.

Rousey/Carmouche was an excellent main event. You can tell the difference of experience, or at least, the difference of who watches fights and those who don't. Ronda saw what happened in the Faber/Menjivar fight and knew exactly how to peel the leg off, whereas Carmouche didn't get the body triangle and was shrugged off. Once it hit the ground in side control I would have liked to see some more offense from Ronda's side control, but of course she favors the armbar position. As soon as Ronda took Carmouche's wrist I knew it was done.

And now for the post UFC effects,

Thanks to the crazy cuts, Aldo now refuses to fight Pettis. Who was it that said fighters will be less likely to refuse fights because of the cuts?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Also I came across this place today:

2qlzfuw.jpg

• Options
    Why is this pic not of you inside the gym training with Nam Phan? That's awesome I'd definitely check it out

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Wait is aldo really out?

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Wait is aldo really out?

Aldo wants out.
    After last night’s historic UFC 157 the UFC President Dana White revealed that the word from Jose Aldo’s camp is that he is refusing to fight Anthony Pettis.

“Jose Aldo came out and said there’s no way in hell I’m fighting Pettis. He’s absolutely refusing to fight Pettis; he doesn’t think he deserves the shot.”

“André Pederneiras (Aldo’s coach) was in England and sat down with me and Lorenzo (Fertitto) and said we don’t think he deserves it,” White said. “Well, he might be the number one guy at 155 (pounds), but how does that make him the number one (at 145 pounds)?”

But Dana White will force his puppets to dance on their strings.
    “I wouldn’t want to fight Pettis either,” White continued. “He’s absolutely refusing to fight Pettis. The fight is on. He’s going to fight Pettis or he’s not going to like how this turns out.”

• Options
    Why is this pic not of you inside the gym training with Nam Phan?

It lost a split decision.