As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Galaga [chat]

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I will often say something like

hey friend, have you [seen x movie, been to y restaurant]

and my friend will say, oh I am the one who introduced you to that, or yes we went there together last month

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Guys suggest some modern and modernist art that I would dig

I don't know shit about visual art

Do it

I don't know what your tastes are!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    my bro got a message from a girl on okcupid who said he was the most handsome man in the world

im pretty sure shes going to kill him

obF2Wuw.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    help i am in class but i want to fart

The ghost of James Joyce is haunting you

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hey I've got an OKCupid account

From 2008

Was OKCupid even a thing then?

Didn't it grow out of thespark or something?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I couldn't finish watching the sword art online thing

I can't really come up with a good reason other than "anime"

I watched like, a dozen episodes and didn't care for it. The silliness of what is generally going on doesn't really bother me, but I never really cared about any of the characters or any of the interactions.

look at dis guy

stone

fucking

cold

man I kind of wanted to

I think the bits of silliness ruined it for me. It's like, it's doing what FMA did a lot with trying to be silly and then trying to be dead serious, and I just didn't feel it on this one.

I recall little if any 'silly anime moments'. Like I don't remember any times where their faces get whacked out and ridiculous.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    my bro got a message from a girl on okcupid who said he was the most handsome man in the world

impossible

aaron is the most handsome man in the world

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Some of my memories are not even the actual event, but I remember remembering it

does that make sense

Yes. Memory is reiterative.

This is part of the reason it's unreliable and subject to priming.

I have clear memories of stories that have been told about me that I know there's no way I have an actual memory of.

Like, I remember them as if I were watching them happen... I see myself and stuff.

There's no way I actually remember Grandma clacking a spoon on a cup to try and teach me to crawl to her. I had to be only a few months old or something.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013

Do it

we have some of these

bijou_gets_undressed_1_copy-1603884.jpg

they are funi

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

and my friend will say, oh I am the one who introduced you to that, or yes we went there together last month

I have a friend who will tell stories about my life as if they happened to him while I am in the same conversation.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    To celebrate Jack I had a huge pizza with cheesey bites.

My glucose monitor is going to explode.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Do it

WHAT

HOW LONG HAVE YOU INTERNET KNOWN ME FERAL

YEARS

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Way more handsome than my dad, who is the only man I've ever encountered.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Some of my memories are not even the actual event, but I remember remembering it

does that make sense
    from what I understand, neurologically we do something kind of akin to re-writing a memory each time we recall it

which ends up meaning the memory picks up aspects of instances of recollection rather than the incident itself

there's been some studies revolving around having people with PTSD recall the traumatic even while on (I think) MDMA to have the re-written memory pick up the positive aspects of the high, in order to modulate its negative impact in subsequent recollections

Senjutsu on
    I would recommend something, EM, but I have no idea what modernist art is.

Because I am worthless.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Every Jennifer Lawrence quote makes me love her more

Even "Katniss is pretty much a man with a vagina" ? Because that one makes me love her a lot less.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I just recently rewatched A Few Good Men and it's kind of ridiculous how Nicholson is still heads above all the actors in that movie at the time.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

From 2008

Yes, they changed the name when they sold SparkNotes

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

I have a friend who will tell stories about my life as if they happened to him while I am in the same conversation.

relatedly

there are two of us in chat who each believe we caused winky to become so angry during a game of league of legends that he punched and shattered his monitor

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I remember my sweet-ass Dr. J basketball hoop

18095a_lg.jpeg

and the smell of the book Happiness is a Warm Puppy

HaMFCpS.png

and my Tootsie Roll bank:

2LjdmxK.jpg

rRwz9.gif
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Do it

WHAT

HOW LONG HAVE YOU INTERNET KNOWN ME FERAL

YEARS

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

QUICK SOMEBODY FIND SOME STREET FIGHTER WALLPAPERS

Psn:wazukki
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    "Tom we have new sales hires starting today that you need to train."
    "Um, it's 10:30 am and you are just now telling me this?"
    "Is that a problem?"
    "Oh yes."

What the sales staff heard of the conversation between the new sales manager and myself. I assume the walls of my bosses office muffled the rest when it got to yelling.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    is it weird that i cant remember basically anything that happened before the age of, like, 7 or some shit
    People who claim to be able to remember pretty much anything from before that age are liars.

I remember when I hit my head and had to get stitches in kindergarten!

or, well, I remember the room I did it in the first time well - favourite game there was making "spider webs", IE, get a whole lot of yarn and go crazy making a web across the room with it.

and the second time I remember what the concrete block under the slide looked like that day and then I'm told I was just sitting there with a serene look on my face, blood gushing out of my head

and I remember the end of the doctor's office I was facing as I got the stitches and how ever since that any display of pain made my parents remark how I became a pussy since I was a kid.

ftOqU21.png
    I don't trust my memories anymore. They are full of shit.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular

does that make sense
    from what I understand, neurologically we do something kind of akin to re-writing a memory each time we recall it

which ends up meaning the memory picks up aspects of instances of recollection rather than the incident itself

there's been some studies revolving around having people with PTSD recall the traumatic even while on (I think) MDMA to have the re-written memory pick up the positive aspects of the high, in order to modulate its negative impact in subsequent recollections

just spend a weekend doing fantastic drugs and systematically remembering everything

thereafter my life will have been awesome

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    Sarksus wrote: »

Because I am worthless.

Basically anything WW2 or postwar, I guess

Most postmodern art wouldn't really be... printable. Because it is like a dead fly on a person's living tongue preserved in amber on a toilet seat.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Do it

Mondrian or I destroy America

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

relatedly

there are two of us in chat who each believe we caused winky to become so angry during a game of league of legends that he punched and shattered his monitor
    I bought Surprise Party Fiddlesticks just because of that.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm bored and i need to study.

I can't wait for the March break.

OH WAIT, I'll be spending most of that time doing schoolwork as well.

;_;

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    what is this can't breed slaves

that's not the Elona I knew!

You can but its harder -- you level up faster and get into heavy taxes and penalties more

thanks obama

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    oh my god i fucking hate forum software that truncates long links with ellipsis and i hate retards who just copy and paste the text with ellipsis

hey dipshit

do you not know how hyperlinks work

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

919UOwT.png

does that make sense

Yes. And this is also why therapists have to be very careful about iatrogenic (physician/therapist-induced) effects when dealing with adult survivors of child abuse. If I start talking to you about abuse, and then I ask you to recall a specific event from your childhood, I have primed you to think about that event in the context of abuse, which can cause your recollection of the event to be worse than it was.

Sarksus wrote: »

Because I am worthless.

Basically anything WW2 or postwar, I guess

Most postmodern art wouldn't really be... printable. Because it is like a dead fly on a person's living tongue preserved in amber on a toilet seat.

Oh yeah, you wanted shit for your wall.

Buy a cow tongue, nail it to the wall. Paint it so it looks like a finger. Now draw a vagina in crayon underneath it.

Postmodern art.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular

Even "Katniss is pretty much a man with a vagina" ? Because that one makes me love her a lot less.

I had to look it up
    "[Katniss is] this Joan of Arc who doesn’t see herself that way," she tells The Daily Beast in a new interview. "She kind of grows into it. And she's strong, like a male hero with a vagina."

Looks like she's saying that Katniss is given the Strong Masculine Hero Archetype's attributes instead of the somewhat different 'softer' attributes typically assigned to normative Female Heroes?

Seems like she's claiming it's a gender-subversive work. Having neither read or watched it, I can't comment on the accuracy of that claim

Gooey wrote: »
    oh my god i fucking hate forum software that truncates long links with ellipsis and i hate retards who just copy and paste the text with ellipsis

hey dipshit

do you not know how hyperlinks work

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Nobody knows how hyperlinks work

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I have a memory of being wheeled in for eye surgery when I was a year old. Except the memory has to be completely wrong because at that point my young ass would have been out cold from anesthetic, and that I distinctly remember them paging my grandmother over the intercom as a nurse. But she was never a nurse.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

I had to look it up
    "[Katniss is] this Joan of Arc who doesn’t see herself that way," she tells The Daily Beast in a new interview. "She kind of grows into it. And she's strong, like a male hero with a vagina."

Looks like she's saying that Katniss is given the Strong Masculine Hero Archetype's attributes instead of the somewhat different 'softer' attributes typically assigned to normative Female Heroes?

Seems like she's claiming it's a gender-subversive work. Having neither read or watched it, I can't comment on the accuracy of that claim

she can claim that, it's not really though.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i miss my snoopy sno cone machine

51G19Y5a2jL._SX300_.jpg

(oddly enough i remember very strongly that this thing was green, or rather, the ground on it was green but i guess my memory sucks)

919UOwT.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

From 2008

It's not a username I've ever used, which is weird. And it's got my location as New York.

But it had the right (validated) email and my birthday...

Oh brilliant
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Fffff i keep agreeing to random posts while trying to scroll on my phone

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.