As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Galaga [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Dublin Roadtrip is cancelled due to strict Hospital Visitation rules. Jack's Mother's brothers and sisters haven't even seen him yet and they're right round the corner metaphorically. :(

Looks like I'm waiting until they get home. Probably for the best, we'll have time to drag my sister from Manchester for a visit.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I remember that sno cone machine

• Options
    OR DO I

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Gooey, by mentioning the possibility of a green ground you made me try to remember what my sno cone machine looked like and for a moment I saw a green ground, but I know that's just bullshit perpetrated by your lies.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srVEOLjh30c

fuck yeah sno conessssssssss

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    day-care is probably the right word, not kindergarten. I think. It's confusing, because we use a direct translation of kindergarten for it.

one of the last times I went home for a visit, I walked to the kindergarten. It was closed and I just went and sat there, on the patch of grass where I played vicar and married my friends to eachother on one sunny day. It was a lot smaller than I remember. Lotta melancholic nostalgia.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Every Jennifer Lawrence quote makes me love her more

Even "Katniss is pretty much a man with a vagina" ? Because that one makes me love her a lot less.

I had to look it up
    "[Katniss is] this Joan of Arc who doesn’t see herself that way," she tells The Daily Beast in a new interview. "She kind of grows into it. And she's strong, like a male hero with a vagina."

Looks like she's saying that Katniss is given the Strong Masculine Hero Archetype's attributes instead of the somewhat different 'softer' attributes typically assigned to normative Female Heroes?

Seems like she's claiming it's a gender-subversive work. Having neither read or watched it, I can't comment on the accuracy of that claim

I just find it annoying that because she's a strong character, she has to be a male hero. I could continue, like how she casually uses the word "gay" to describe dumb things and says that "real women have curves," which might sound empowering but many, many women simply aren't built that way. I dunno. I love how she has such a vibrant personality and I think she's a great actress, but some of the things she says rub me the wrong way.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    @japan your dream was rad by the way

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    KANDERGUTEN

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    There used to be an "italian ice" place in the parking lot of our local Walmart.

It is gone now, but I could really got for a strawberry one.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I don't think snow cones exist over here.

• Options
    At least they didn't exist here when I was a lad.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I would recommend something, EM, but I have no idea what modernist art is.

Because I am worthless.

Basically anything WW2 or postwar, I guess

Most postmodern art wouldn't really be... printable. Because it is like a dead fly on a person's living tongue preserved in amber on a toilet seat.

you could try stuff like patrick caulfield

P78309_10.jpg

the grosvenor school are interwar but interesting, stuff like power

cyril-power-grosvenor-school-art-410.jpg

henry moore

800px-Hill_Arches_-_Henry_Moore.jpg

julian opie does these fun undemanding graphic things

often with minimal or no faces to emphasise figure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR89zDACkCfy7xWuruJ_nowTno6At3RpHjEhnnpdlsyIvyZMmUMWg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hey I've got an OKCupid account

From 2008

Was OKCupid even a thing then?

Didn't it grow out of thespark or something?

It's not a username I've ever used, which is weird. And it's got my location as New York.

But it had the right (validated) email and my birthday...

>:l Those things are making it very difficult to find you and see 2008 DRX.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srVEOLjh30c

fuck yeah sno conessssssssss

more like the Snoopy Hepatitis C Vector Machine

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I think I've had a sno cone once in my life.

Where I grew up it was mostly Ice Cream (Cochrane, Alberta is the headquarters of McKay's Ice Cream, which is apparently world famous) and Frozen Yogurt.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Every Jennifer Lawrence quote makes me love her more

Even "Katniss is pretty much a man with a vagina" ? Because that one makes me love her a lot less.

I had to look it up
    "[Katniss is] this Joan of Arc who doesn’t see herself that way," she tells The Daily Beast in a new interview. "She kind of grows into it. And she's strong, like a male hero with a vagina."

Looks like she's saying that Katniss is given the Strong Masculine Hero Archetype's attributes instead of the somewhat different 'softer' attributes typically assigned to normative Female Heroes?

Seems like she's claiming it's a gender-subversive work. Having neither read or watched it, I can't comment on the accuracy of that claim

I just find it annoying that because she's a strong character, she has to be a male hero. I could continue, like how she casually uses the word "gay" to describe dumb things and says that "real women have curves," which might sound empowering but many, many women simply aren't built that way. I dunno. I love how she has such a vibrant personality and I think she's a great actress, but some of the things she says rub me the wrong way.

the real women have curves thing is a deeply toxic meme, I agree

I like her in interviews in stuff, in a she's hilarious and pretty kind of way, but I'm sure she's not perfect or anything.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    i miss my snoopy sno cone machine

51G19Y5a2jL._SX300_.jpg

(oddly enough i remember very strongly that this thing was green, or rather, the ground on it was green but i guess my memory sucks)

oh shit yes I remember this

• Options
    this conf call is IT people arguing about technical tasks and building gant charts

and it is horrible

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I guess i'm off to study soon.

As soon as i'm done procrastinating. :P

This discussion has been closed.