As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Five Easy [chat]s

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @desc, Elldren came up with the best idea last night. Since my guy has gotten Prime 4, it makes magic item crafting viable. Well as viable as it gets in Mage. So she was thinking cabal sigil rings/mana batteries. I might be able to build in some other minor functionality like disguising the sigil.

Ooh

yesssss

fuck gendered marketing
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Oh my god. I missed my train so im in this station for 25 extra minutes surrounded by every manner of unspeakably enfattening food.

if u eat anything i will kill you

this is what happened to me in penn station last time i walked past the kfc and the taco bell and the pizza hut and the other pizza

and then the smells defeated me and i got mcdonalds

i was a bit tipsy tho

YOURE SOBER NO EXCUSE[/quote]

Am I, dogg

Am I

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I've demolished many a chinese platter in GCT, weeping

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    makin' some pasta bolognese.

also I have ingredients for chili tomorrow. Which is good. Was thinking of inviting that girl over and make food for her.

ftOqU21.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Well. I just ate kind of a lot of cheese.

So from personal experience Mr Chu, don't just gorge yourself. It's great fun at the time but then you feel sad.

And now I need a gerkin.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Oh my god. I missed my train so im in this station for 25 extra minutes surrounded by every manner of unspeakably enfattening food.

Keep posting. We will ensure you stay as strong and pure as the delicious chocolate flavour contained in many easily affordable and widely available snack products.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Don't eat like a fat poor

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    new ME3 kits are all completely absurd

ermahgod

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    tray loaded high with just a big crack rock of sodium

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Also I went to brooks bros

I'm a size larger than I thought :(

CURSE YOU, EXCESS BLUBBER

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Go to bed, copyright thread gets 404 new messages.

Whee.

It did at least wander off in a novel direction, though. With an argument between "endless copyright as a moral position" and "if you can't make money off something in ten years you don't deserve to".

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @desc, Elldren came up with the best idea last night. Since my guy has gotten Prime 4, it makes magic item crafting viable. Well as viable as it gets in Mage. So she was thinking cabal sigil rings/mana batteries. I might be able to build in some other minor functionality like disguising the sigil.

Ooh

It's on the potential list. The first thing I think I need to make for the cabal is device to convert the hallow's mana to tass when it isn't being used. So we can stockpile it for future needs/favors. (Ideally in Powerade bottles)

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    to say nothing of the inevitable gif of a volus batarian-punching a cerberus trooper in the dick

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @desc @thomamelas We need to have some realtalk about sanctum next sesh

@jacobkosh too I guess

fuck gendered marketing
    japan wrote: »

Whee.

It did at least wander off in a novel direction, though. With an argument between "endless copyright as a moral position" and "if you can't make money off something in ten years you don't deserve to".

Also, copyright as a cattle prod held behind artists to encourage them to keep working.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I did decide if the rings get made, that turning on the siphon mana function is going to be rapping the sigil against something. Because sometimes the jokes are just for me.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Whee.

Yeah, I'm reading that thread now actually. It's getting pretty crazy.

Great I resisted except the guy across from me on the train is eating chipotle

Fffffuuuuu

By the time we get to my stop either ill be skinny or he'll be dead

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Mondrian does rule, desc

That is sort of the thing I'm looking for

Attractive, engaging without being hostile, makes me look smart

Checking all the boxes

My new thing is like

Tonalism was not allowed to sit at the table for a long time but I think they are coming in from the cold.

It's more 19th into 20th stuff and not proper dry martini 20th century hard ass modernism BUT

kVdVxr8.jpg

Thomas Dewing

Now is the time

GROUND FLOOR @evil multifarious

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I put left.

These questions continue to vex

Oh brilliant
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    A taco is prepared nearby the train station.
    You are fast food and likely to be eaten by a Chu.
    GAME OVER

Bless your heart.
    I put left.

It was very obviously either Both or Right.

I... do not get this decision.

I cut myself twice making this. Knives and me have an abusive relationship.

ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Mondrian does rule, desc

That is sort of the thing I'm looking for

Attractive, engaging without being hostile, makes me look smart

Checking all the boxes

I was thinking Mondrian for you too.

Also Malevich

480px-Suprematist_Composition_-_Kazimir_Malevich.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    ew, I bled on the spaghetti.

ftOqU21.png
    Bogart wrote: »

Whee.

Also, copyright as a cattle prod held behind artists to encourage them to keep working.

Yeah it never occurred to me that people would find the idea of someone making money from a work or design over a long period to be morally offensive.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Seriously though. A taco isn't bad for you.
    You should definitely have one.
    Or two
    Or three.
    Upgrade it to a double decker glued together with a slathering of refried beans.
    With a side of lard.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    or van Dooesberg

anything De Stijl, really

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i am so sleepy

luckily i am wrapped in duvet so i can put head on keyboard

obF2Wuw.png
    i am so sleepy

luckily i am wrapped in duvet so i can put head on keyboard

there this song called duvet. you should listen to it while wrapped in duvet.
    the song isnt even about a duvet its actually intro for an animu
    but its english and not engrish so listen

Bless your heart.

Whee.

Yeah it never occurred to me that people would find the idea of someone making money from a work or design over a long period to be morally offensive.

I think nerds just want a law to stab GRRM with. TEN YEARS ARE UP YOU FUCKER NOW WE HIRE KEVIN ANDERSON TO FINISH IT OFF.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013

Whee.

I don't think it's morally offensive per se but I think there's no social duty to guarantee it for anybody. I think the personal profits of the artist are a means to an end; secondary to the real purpose of copyright: incentivizing the creation of new art.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Delmain wrote: »
    I put left.

It was very obviously either Both or Right.

I... do not get this decision.

There was no Both option!

I was dealt a bad... hand huhuhuhuhgonnadiealone

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant

Whee.

Wait, I don't get what you're saying here. I don't see anything (yet, I'm not done catching up) about people being offended by the idea of copyright at all. I see a lot of "copyright shouldn't be forever" and that is a completely logical line of thinking.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    art and everything about it sickens me

mostly because I have art appreciation class and its the worst thing I've ever experienced, and I once had a dog bite my junk and had to go to the hospital

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Chinese take-away has been ordered.

Yay for laziness and just having had first session with new tutee.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    UGH my eyes hurt so bad. I better emerge from this infection with Riddick-like vision or the ability to see the future.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Whee.

I think nerds just want a law to stab GRRM with. TEN YEARS ARE UP YOU FUCKER NOW WE HIRE KEVIN ANDERSON TO FINISH IT OFF.

It would be interesting in that it would basically legitimise that whole segment of the Chinese motor industry that consists of recreating designs from major manufacturers overnight.

I don't know what the consequences of a market suddenly flooded with chinese-made Lexus knockoffs would be.

Star Trek: Enterprise is on. Hmm. Cold open seems interesting, a Romulan looking sneaky, some weird aliens, a space battle, hey maybe this could be

I GOT FAITH *guitar twang* OF THE HEART

Fuck off.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Who do you love seeing movies with most?

-A date
    -Friends
    -Family
    -Yourself

Hmm...

I don't think I would ever go to the movies by myself. And I consider my family my friends - though we're unlikely to go to the theater to see a movie together, maybe chill at the house and watch one on TV.

If I am going TO the theater to watch a movie with someone, it's going to be friends (mindless action flick where dudes can grab meat/alcohol and then go to watch superhero nonsense/war nonsense/violent nonsense) or a date so that you can try to watch anything with any depth, substance or whatever.

This discussion has been closed.