As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Journey: The [PHALLA] for New Earth - MAFIA & INFIDEL WIN

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Although i think the three(?) remaining mafia are likely in this list:
    Iron Weasel
    Cythraul
    Bliss101
    The_Anonymous
    OminousLozenge
    Vertroue
    Jdarksun
    SirFab

Of course, that isn't guaranteed, and it isn't much better than the 20% so hey

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    OminousLozenge, Iron Weasel and Sir Fab were on my surprisingly succesful suspicio-list last night as well. I'm at work now but will go through the thread again later to see which one seems the most suspicious.

MSL59.jpg
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I think I'd drop IW out from the list for now for being the third person to vote for Macallan. OminousLozenge and Sir Fabulous were both on non-Macallan wagons.

MSL59.jpg
    Yeah, that looks good for him. Maybe ill update to reflect their voting on other mafias

Steam
    List with mafia votes:

Iron Weasel (Day4: 3rd person on Macallan (before call))
    Cythraul (Day 4: 11th person on Macallan)
    Bliss101 (Day 3: Second person on Kias, Day 4: 1st person on Macallan (before call))
    The_Anonymous (Day 4: 10th person on Macallan)
    OminousLozenge (never voted for mafia)
    Vertroue (never voted for mafia)
    Jdarksun (7th person on Macallan (after call))
    SirFab (never voted for mafia)

now, like i said earlier, we shouldnt have tunnel vision on just these candidates, but i think it might be a good road to go down. Taking out the pre-call macallan, for those enough comfortable enough to do so:

Cyhtraul
    T_A
    OL
    Jdark
    SirFab
    Vertroue

Steam
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    List with mafia votes:

Iron Weasel (Day4: 3rd person on Macallan (before call))
    Cythraul (Day 4: 11th person on Macallan)
    Bliss101 (Day 3: Second person on Kias, Day 4: 1st person on Macallan (before call))
    The_Anonymous (Day 4: 10th person on Macallan)
    OminousLozenge (never voted for mafia)
    Vertroue (never voted for mafia)
    Jdarksun (7th person on Macallan (after call))
    SirFab (never voted for mafia)

now, like i said earlier, we shouldnt have tunnel vision on just these candidates, but i think it might be a good road to go down. Taking out the pre-call macallan, for those enough comfortable enough to do so:

Cyhtraul
    T_A
    OL
    Jdark
    SirFab
    Vertroue
    My 2 cents:

Cythraul and SirFab have been very quiet, which always worries me. Cythraul's spot on the Macallan vote is unfortunate, but not necessarily damning. I mean, we've had some people come in super late on tough votes and turn out to be ok (Infidel). Sometimes your schedule just gets in the way of voting.
    SirFab has had some pretty lousy aim with his votes ... but in fairness, there are a couple of people - myself included - who are doing only marginally better. Definitely fishy, though.

On the other end of the spectrum, Vertroue has been so verbose and has drawn so much attention to themselves with the Valley Girl Routine that I have a hard time believing that they are a threat. If this is a mafia ploy (and I really don't think it is), it has fooled me completely.

OL is a player that I have a consistently hard time getting a read on, because I like him (I have the same problem with Mikey CTS, which is why I keep getting murdered). I somehow thought that he had voted for mafia once or twice, so to see that he actually hasn't definitely gives me something to think about.

I hope he won't take this the wrong way, but I am stunned that Jdark is still alive on Day 5. In my (admittedly limited) experience, he is either dead or victorious by Day 3 at the latest. Granted, most of my experience is with Minis, but even if you allow an extra day for the additional player count in a Main, I would have expected Jdark to be out of the game by now. That he is still with us fills me with equal parts hope and dread.

So of those, I think my prime suspects would be

SirFab - minimal activity, bad aim
    OL - gut feeling
    Jdark - why are you still alive?

While I mull those over, I'm going to un-vote for Void Slayer. I still think his vote for me yesterday was silly, but I don't think he's working against the Village.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I'm starting to see a pattern. I look mad shady if I survive to Day 5. I guess that means I'm slowly climbing my way up from obscurity. Someday, eventually, I'll be one of those "It's Day 2, why is the scary throat drop still around?" folks, and I'll know... at long last...

I can take my money and run off to a tiny island nation knowing everything I could accomplish on the Internet has been done.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    fun fact: When you had your old avatar i kept on calling you orange lozenge in my head.

Steam
    fun fact: When you had your old avatar i kept on calling you orange lozenge in my head.

Brilliant!

I keep meaning to get a new avatar. The Guinness Scientist isn't very easy to spot when I'm scrolling quickly looking for my own posts in these phalla threads. The close-up of the sun was really handy for that.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    If only there was some kind of reason Sir Fab was quiet. Something like a momentous and joyous family occasion as the result of the sacred union of two individuals in the sight of God lawyers.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    If only there was some kind of reason Sir Fab was quiet. Something like a momentous and joyous family occasion as the result of the sacred union of two individuals in the sight of God lawyers.
    That's fair, and I actually meant to give you props for finding time to vote even when you were at a wedding.

Currently Playing:
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I adopted another dog on Saturday. I will bribe you with puppy pictures.

In all seriousness, I'm not spreadsheeting this game. That ups my longevity considerably.

jdarksun wrote: »

In all seriousness, I'm not spreadsheeting this game. That ups my longevity considerably.

Yeah, im definitely going to vote for you if you don't post those pictures.

Steam
    Your proposal is acceptable.

Currently Playing:

Good plan! jdarksun until we see those puppy pics!

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Sir Fab makes me most suspicious.

edited February 2013
    Let's see if i can do a better job than day 1:

OminousLozenge (2): Zombie Hero*, Void Slayer^
    Jdarksun (1): OminousLozenge*
    Sir Fab (1): Assuran*, Iron Weasel^
    Gizzy(1): jdarksun*
    Void Slayer (0): Iron Weasel^

^: Put candidate in the lead (at the time)
    *: Put candidate into tie for the lead (at the time)

Zombie Hero on
    Steam

Good plan! jdarksun until we see those puppy pics!
    This hand unit appears to be malfunctioning. There is no treat contained within.
    The whole jdarkclan.

BOOM.

Fun asides:
    * This was taken around 12:30-1:00pm on Saturday. My kid's nap time starts a little before then, so he looks zonked because dude has had a long morning of looking at awesome pets and is tired. He does not actually look grumpy and sullen all the time.
    * I apparently noticed how awesome the photographer's shoes were in that pic. Why am I not looking at the camera? No idea.
    * I also needed a shave. That situation has been rectified. NewDog (image right) is not afraid of my razor, unlike ExistingDog (image left).
    * ExistingDog is a husky/??? (lab?) mix. She is ~50 lbs, and has obvious husky features, but lacks a super undercoat. ~50 is high end husky, and she has some extra pounds on her from easy living.
    * NewDog is either pure husky, or husky/megahusky, because dude is ~65 lbs already and is all skin and bones. It's possible that he's just bony, or that he's going to fill out to 50% more than normal body size. Eep.
    * Dude is a cuddlebunny.
    * He also has some food aggression issues with ExistingDog. They've gotten into two tiffs around food - not open food, mind you, but just food smell. ExistingDog is totally affable, unless somebody fronts. And the only thing NewDog fronts about is food. /sigh.
    * If you adopt/buy/watch a dog, and the people you're taking custody from tells you not to worry about the kind of food they used to eat - call them a liar to their face and demand to know what that dog's normal diet is. You do not want to deal with a dog that's going through a stressful change and a dietary alteration.

So, yeah. That took up most of my weekend.

But not so much that Gizzy's evilness went unnoticed. I've got my eyes on your shoes.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    If I was evil, I wouldn't be saying things that could be taken as evil.

Yesterday I offered to go to the Barracks to help with the fire in a PM to Obi. He said he wasn't organizing anything and to do what I felt would be helpful. Maybe I should have kept it in the PM but I posed it to everyone should I vent Comms to put out the fire?

The response I got was along the lines of how dare you mafia. So instead I put in to read load meters - but it looks like its still broken - no results.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Yours is a handsome Clan, jdark.

And you have provided dog photos. The Bargain is Struck - you will be spared my vote this day.

Currently Playing:
    This hand unit appears to be malfunctioning. There is no treat contained within.
    The whole jdarkclan.

* If you adopt/buy/watch a dog, and the people you're taking custody from tells you not to worry about the kind of food they used to eat - call them a liar to their face and demand to know what that dog's normal diet is. You do not want to deal with a dog that's going through a stressful change and a dietary alteration.

Photobucket is "down for maintenance." Dirty pool, old bean!

Do you need limited ingredient dog food reccos? Or is it so bad you have to give NewDog cooked chicken and plain white rice? Occasionally our dog with an extremely sensitive stomach eats "something bad" and has to go on a straight chicken and rice diet for a couple of days. I always feel super dumb cooking for my pet, but them's the shakes.

I think the only other "evil" thing I've said was in relation to my vote for SLyM. But I meant what I said. At the time there was no network head to report locations to.

The whole jdarkclan.

Photobucket is "down for maintenance." Dirty pool, old bean!
    Links work fine for me, dawg.
    See what I did there?

Currently Playing:
    Do you need limited ingredient dog food reccos? Or is it so bad you have to give NewDog cooked chicken and plain white rice? Occasionally our dog with an extremely sensitive stomach eats "something bad" and has to go on a straight chicken and rice diet for a couple of days. I always feel super dumb cooking for my pet, but them's the shakes.
    I'm debating. Gross dog owner stuff in spoilers:
    NewDog had one solid bowel movement after we brought him home on Saturday afternoon. Later that day, he had a basically non-solid bowel movement. Early Sunday morning (~2am), he woke us up by pooping all over the bedroom (non-solid, and let me tell you, that was unpleasant). He hasn't had a solid BM since.
    Part of me says "stay the course" with the new food, and it'll work itself out. Part of me is saying "BOIL RICE, YOU FOOL!"

Thoughts?

Introduce him to the food more slowly

Steam
    Introduce him to the food more slowly
    Gotta feed him something, and I have no idea what he was eating beforehand. :|

Start with the rice thing, and gradually mix in the new stuff over the course of a week or so.

Steam
    One other thing I just thought of - and this prob adds to damning myself since I was inactive:

I think the mafia have to be people who were incredibly inactive this weekend bc they let Eddie walk into a vented room and die. I would think someone would have caught that and changed his orders.

Yeah, it's a pain but you need to start with generic baseline food (as simple as chicken and rice if you have any doubts about his sensitivity). Wait until he's solid and regular again, then slowly introduce the new food. For our dog when we were trying different foods, we had to do it in quarters over a period of about a month, but she was extremely sensitive. I got impatient and tried to rush it - big mistake. As with dog training, slow is good. If he's regular on chicken & rice but has issues with the new food, he may have an intolerance (I think corn and other grains tend to be the main culprits). At that point, you may need to start from the beginning with a new food. I've heard that usually if a dog has problems with a food, he doesn't really "get over it" very often. Anecdotally, this has proven the case with my dog.

But as with all of this layman's advice, consult a vet if you have any concerns about the dog's dietary issues. Especially if things don't start to improve after a couple feedings of the basic, safe diet.

Gizzy wrote: »
    Day 1 :

4 Cargo 12.5%
    1. OminousLozenge
    2. Sir Fabulous
    3. Mordroth
    4. Obi
    5. Sega

I think too many people reported Cargo Day 1.

Reading through thread and noticed this. This would point to: OminousLozenge and\or SirFab.

Steam
    Oh but I corrected the too many people reported there part - I originally listed sir fab twice

One other thing I just thought of - and this prob adds to damning myself since I was inactive:

I think the mafia have to be people who were incredibly inactive this weekend bc they let Eddie walk into a vented room and die. I would think someone would have caught that and changed his orders.
    This observation is very interesting, and combined with the Load Meter info above, makes me think that Sir Fab is a lead worth pursuing.

Currently Playing:
    Too many reported to barracks, not enough to comms - and airlock and life support should have been equal but were not.

Oh but I corrected the too many people reported there part - I originally listed sir fab twice

Oh. :(

Steam
    Oh, the Load Meter thing ZH quoted isn't accurate?

Sir Fab, pending more info.

Currently Playing:
    I guess it is still possible that too many reported to cargo - but if that is the case then def too many reported to control which makes TA look bad.

edited February 2013
    Day 1 Locations:
    Day 1
    Ordered by which rooms should have the most people, to the least people. Airlock and Life Support should have an even number of people.

1 Comms 17.5%
    1. Mill
    2. Invictus
    3. Bradicus
    4. Void Slayer
    5. Anialos
    6. Bliss101
    7. Iron Weasel
    8. -

2 Barracks 17.5%
    1. Retaba
    2. Smasher
    3. Cythraul
    4. Assuran
    5. Macallan
    6. Infidel
    7. Eddie84

3 Airlock 15%
    1. blahmcblah*
    2. Zombie Hero
    3. Mikey CTS
    4. Kime
    5. Malkor
    6. Baidol

3 Life Support 12.5%
    1. Gizzy
    2. Premium
    3. INANTP
    4. vertroue
    5. Locus
    6. -

4 Cargo 12.5%
    1. OminousLozenge
    2. Sir Fabulous
    3. Mordroth
    4. Obi
    5. Sega

5 Control 10%
    1. The Anonymous
    2. Xenogears of Bore
    3. MrT
    4. Cayrus

6 Live Storage 5%
    1. jdark
    2. Langly

7 Engineering 2.5%
    1. Phyphor

Missing Claims: 5%
    1. Infidel - Did not meet 2 post requirement (1 vote post)
    2. Phyphor
    3. Malkor - Did not meet 2 post requirement (1 vote, 1 convo post)
    4. Warban - Did not meet 2 post requirement (1 vote, 1 convo post)
    5. Iron Weasel
    6. Baidol
    7. Macallan
    8. SLyM
    9. Locus - Did not meet 2 post requirement (1 vote, 1 convo post)
    10. Assuran - Did not meet 2 post requirement (1 vote, 1 convo post)
    11. Eddie84 - Did not meet vote AND 2 post requirement (N/A)

Here is the Day 1 locations fixed - I can edit in more colors later when I'm not phone posting.

Gizzy on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I think I'd drop IW out from the list for now for being the third person to vote for Macallan. OminousLozenge and Sir Fabulous were both on non-Macallan wagons.

I personally do not think Iron Weasel is particularly suspicious but he has not done anything to really leave the big list, but he should not be on our short list right now.

Also photobucket appears to be sending some users to the broken mobile site randomly.

Or this was the most ballsy redirect every!

Food aggression can be difficult to get over in dogs, good luck Jdarkson!

I REALLY do not want to vote for OminousLozenge due to all his activity and vote analysis but his actual voting pattern really is suspicious. bah.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    is that the updated, most accurate claims list?

Steam
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Did anyone soft network about fighting the fires in comms and barracks?

By now the mafia might be hiding in with the fire fighters but I doubt it.

Also remember, Millers and thralls.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!